F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > F31 S drive with ACS anyone?
VIBE Motorsports
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-20-2018, 05:12 PM   #23
R99
Colonel
United Kingdom
628
Rep
2,484
Posts

Drives: 2016 330d F31 Touring
Join Date: May 2013
Location: England, United Kingdom

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipraider View Post
That looks pretty low there, is the ride harsh?
Ride is fine in my book. H&R only quote 20-25mm lowering F&R with these, but Iíd say itís more!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2018, 04:15 AM   #24
Alscoob
Major
Alscoob's Avatar
No_Country
349
Rep
1,021
Posts

Drives: F31 330d M sport+
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDP View Post
Odd, does this work? This is with ACS installed
Yes it does, many thanks. Looks good.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2018, 04:21 AM   #25
Alscoob
Major
Alscoob's Avatar
No_Country
349
Rep
1,021
Posts

Drives: F31 330d M sport+
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipraider View Post
I'm running 265/30/19 but mine aren't oem wheels - they are 10".
What size are the front tyres or interest please, just working heights / drop out. Are you on 235x40x19 ? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2018, 04:22 AM   #26
Alscoob
Major
Alscoob's Avatar
No_Country
349
Rep
1,021
Posts

Drives: F31 330d M sport+
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Really appreciate all you posts with pictures it helps greatly, but as my original post, anyone near me so I can have a look & park side by side to compare ?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2018, 01:52 PM   #27
skipraider
Lieutenant
skipraider's Avatar
209
Rep
520
Posts

Drives: F31 BMW 335i
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: North East

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscoob View Post
What size are the front tyres or interest please, just working heights / drop out. Are you on 235x40x19 ? Thanks
Close, i'm running 245/35/19 on the front.
__________________
F31 2015 BMW 335i - Manual
Appreciate 1
Alscoob349.00

      06-21-2018, 02:17 PM   #28
R99
Colonel
United Kingdom
628
Rep
2,484
Posts

Drives: 2016 330d F31 Touring
Join Date: May 2013
Location: England, United Kingdom

iTrader: (1)

I'm not local to you, but here are some before & afters from my F31 330d sDrive on H&R sport.

Stock 442m with stock M Sport suspension vs H&R sport with OEM 437m with 245/35 and 265/35 MPSS....





OEM 437m with 245/35 & 265/35 MPSS on stock M Sport suspension vs H&R sport

__________________
2016 F31 330d M Sport Touring
Individual Pure Blue | Oyster Leather | M3 Mirrors | MP Kidney Grilles | ID6 | Custom Steering Wheel |
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2018, 04:33 PM   #29
pdk42
Eh? Team member
pdk42's Avatar
United Kingdom
331
Rep
1,017
Posts

Drives: F31 335i
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Leamington Spa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
@R99 - really like those comparison shots. Massive improvement, and what's really obvious is the way that the stock car has larger arch gaps at the front compared to the rear. I wonder why BMW do this?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2018, 05:14 PM   #30
R99
Colonel
United Kingdom
628
Rep
2,484
Posts

Drives: 2016 330d F31 Touring
Join Date: May 2013
Location: England, United Kingdom

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdk42 View Post
@R99 - really like those comparison shots. Massive improvement, and what's really obvious is the way that the stock car has larger arch gaps at the front compared to the rear. I wonder why BMW do this?
Thanks, yeh BMW get it so wrong in that department! The stock F80 M3 and F82 M4 are woeful for it!!!

H&R are the best out there in terms of a lower front end compared to the rear, however that doesnt actually mean they handle better

I have nothing else to compare them to other than stock, but I really dont think they handle any worse than before in terms of harshness.
__________________
2016 F31 330d M Sport Touring
Individual Pure Blue | Oyster Leather | M3 Mirrors | MP Kidney Grilles | ID6 | Custom Steering Wheel |
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 01:47 AM   #31
Alscoob
Major
Alscoob's Avatar
No_Country
349
Rep
1,021
Posts

Drives: F31 330d M sport+
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R99 View Post
Thanks, yeh BMW get it so wrong in that department! The stock F80 M3 and F82 M4 are woeful for it!!!

H&R are the best out there in terms of a lower front end compared to the rear, however that doesnt actually mean they handle better

I have nothing else to compare them to other than stock, but I really dont think they handle any worse than before in terms of harshness.
Thank you very much, that is extremely helpful. must say it makes a great difference...and those wheels
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 03:01 AM   #32
R99
Colonel
United Kingdom
628
Rep
2,484
Posts

Drives: 2016 330d F31 Touring
Join Date: May 2013
Location: England, United Kingdom

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscoob View Post
Thank you very much, that is extremely helpful. must say it makes a great difference...and those wheels
No problem.

I had this exact dilemma regarding springs and nobody could assist with decent pics.

All the pics I saw showed cars lowered but still sporting reverse rake with the front higher than the rear. I really didnít want that look so took a gamble on H&R as I had them on my previous E91 and they lowered it perfectly.
Appreciate 1
Alscoob349.00

      07-18-2018, 03:42 AM   #33
Alscoob
Major
Alscoob's Avatar
No_Country
349
Rep
1,021
Posts

Drives: F31 330d M sport+
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Just a quick question for those who have 235x40x19's on the front, do you get any rubbing on the front part of the plastic wheel arch liner at all ?

I've just replaced my 225 front with 235's and the lower side of the car, drivers side, seems to catch, but the nearside which is slightly taller doesn't, just concerned that if I lower it will be worse.

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 04:13 AM   #34
Lorcan
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Lorcan's Avatar
United Kingdom
1429
Rep
2,871
Posts


Drives: AC Schnitzer
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Norfolk UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscoob View Post
Just a quick question for those who have 235x40x19's on the front, do you get any rubbing on the front part of the plastic wheel arch liner at all ?

I've just replaced my 225 front with 235's and the lower side of the car, drivers side, seems to catch, but the nearside which is slightly taller doesn't, just concerned that if I lower it will be worse.

Thanks in advance
Are you running spacers?
__________________
Lorcan Parnell
AC Schnitzer UK, 01485 542000
www.ac-schnitzer.co.uk lorcan@ac-schnitzer.co.uk

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 04:34 AM   #35
Alscoob
Major
Alscoob's Avatar
No_Country
349
Rep
1,021
Posts

Drives: F31 330d M sport+
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorcan View Post
Are you running spacers?
Yup 12mm all round, bought from you
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 04:54 AM   #36
Lorcan
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Lorcan's Avatar
United Kingdom
1429
Rep
2,871
Posts


Drives: AC Schnitzer
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Norfolk UK

iTrader: (0)

That explains the rubbing then. You can run wider tyres or spacers, but not both. A 10mm wider tyre is like a 5mm spacer, so effectively you have 17mm spacers now.
__________________
Lorcan Parnell
AC Schnitzer UK, 01485 542000
www.ac-schnitzer.co.uk lorcan@ac-schnitzer.co.uk

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 05:01 AM   #37
Alscoob
Major
Alscoob's Avatar
No_Country
349
Rep
1,021
Posts

Drives: F31 330d M sport+
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorcan View Post
That explains the rubbing then. You can run wider tyres or spacers, but not both. A 10mm wider tyre is like a 5mm spacer, so effectively you have 17mm spacers now.
Sort of thought that, but R99 is running the M3/4 alloys with much greater offset and wider rim than my 442's & 235's so just wondered how he was getting on ?

My logic was to help keep the front lip off the deck if I put your springs on...maybe I'll wizz the spacers off & see how it is before I go back to 225's.

Ta for the input
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 05:06 AM   #38
Lorcan
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Lorcan's Avatar
United Kingdom
1429
Rep
2,871
Posts


Drives: AC Schnitzer
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Norfolk UK

iTrader: (0)

I think you'd have to run stretched tyres to get M3/M4 wheels under the arches of a regular 3 or 4 series without rubbing.
__________________
Lorcan Parnell
AC Schnitzer UK, 01485 542000
www.ac-schnitzer.co.uk lorcan@ac-schnitzer.co.uk

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 05:15 AM   #39
Alscoob
Major
Alscoob's Avatar
No_Country
349
Rep
1,021
Posts

Drives: F31 330d M sport+
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorcan View Post
I think you'd have to run stretched tyres to get M3/M4 wheels under the arches of a regular 3 or 4 series without rubbing.
Sorry should have said he's on 265 rear & 235 front std profiles.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 06:33 AM   #40
R99
Colonel
United Kingdom
628
Rep
2,484
Posts

Drives: 2016 330d F31 Touring
Join Date: May 2013
Location: England, United Kingdom

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscoob View Post
Sorry should have said he's on 265 rear & 235 front std profiles.
Iím on 245/35 & 265/35 MPSS (BMW * rated)

No rubbing AT ALL on my F31 with H&R including with a full car.
Appreciate 2
Lorcan1429.00
Alscoob349.00

      12-06-2018, 06:14 PM   #41
DaveH28
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
136
Rep
401
Posts

Drives: 440i GC Carbon Black
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Littleborough, Gt. Manc

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R99 View Post
Also not ACS, but H&R sport.





I looked into ACS, but all the pics I saw showed the car lower on the rear than the front so I wasn’t too sure what to expect & went with the H&R.

Im sure the ride would be better on ACS though!
That looks superb,

Is that estoril blue, looks different...
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 02:18 AM   #42
R99
Colonel
United Kingdom
628
Rep
2,484
Posts

Drives: 2016 330d F31 Touring
Join Date: May 2013
Location: England, United Kingdom

iTrader: (1)

Thanks!

Itís Pure Blue, an Individual colour
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST