F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Aliexpress LCI Headlights
proTUNING Freaks

07-15-2021, 03:01 AM   #1
f30hobbes
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i 6MT

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [8.50]
Aliexpress LCI Headlights

Hello All,

I recently bit the bullet and purchased a set of Aliexpress LCI Headlights that are plug n play. I have a 2016 LCI with Halogens and it fit perfectly and the beam cut off is way better than the DEPO project headlights. I was looking around to see if anyone bought it or had talked about the headlights on the forums but had trouble finding anything. Let me know if you have any questions or want pics.

Attached is the link
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...755ded4cd826-0
Appreciate 2
      07-16-2021, 12:42 AM   #2
fredde85
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30hobbes View Post
Hello All,

I recently bit the bullet and purchased a set of Aliexpress LCI Headlights that are plug n play. I have a 2016 LCI with Halogens and it fit perfectly and the beam cut off is way better than the DEPO project headlights. I was looking around to see if anyone bought it or had talked about the headlights on the forums but had trouble finding anything. Let me know if you have any questions or want pics.

Attached is the link
Nice one Do you have some pictures of it?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2021, 10:51 AM   #3
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
I'm very interested in a set of these, definitely post some pics!

A few questions as well if you don't mind:

How's the quality? Any concerns or issues such as the brightness at night, water leaks/condensation, error messages, etc.?

What was install like? How long did it take? Any coding needed?

Can the DRL's still be turned on/off in iDrive? Can brightness be adjusted in bimmercode?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2021, 04:29 AM   #4
f30hobbes
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewC1989 View Post
I'm very interested in a set of these, definitely post some pics!

A few questions as well if you don't mind:

How's the quality? Any concerns or issues such as the brightness at night, water leaks/condensation, error messages, etc.?

What was install like? How long did it take? Any coding needed?

Can the DRL's still be turned on/off in iDrive? Can brightness be adjusted in bimmercode?
Hey man,

So the quality is pretty good, If I am not mistaken one of the components say "HELLA" which is the OEM manufacturer of the BMW LEDS. I owned an LCI before this with the OEM LEDS and the light output is pretty similar, but the cutoff isn't as clean as OEM.

As far as issues, I have run into an issue with the bar at the end of the DRLs, on the driver side the bar at the end of the DRLS don't output light. I didn't notice the first day because I was a little too excited, and it's pretty hard to tell unless you look at a reflection and you'll see the bar next to the two half circles isn't emitting light. so I assume one of the bulbs shorted or something like that, but the seller which is AKD, was very understanding and was okay with sending me a replacement to remedy the situation. I do have to put a deposit down but I feel like that does make sense.

There have been no error messages or issues, and I talked to another guy that had them from aliexpress and he's had no issues whatsoever. No coding was needed and as it truly is plug n play.

I had installed a set of DEPO's before myself, and it took around 7-8 hours because I am not the handiest person, and my brother did a bulk of the work. So this time I sent it to a body shop that I've gone to in the past and they finished the install in around 3 hours. So I think it will vary whether or not you want to DIY or have someone else do it. However, when he installed he told me I needed special screws that he had to order from the dealer and I can ask him which ones specifically.

The DRL's can be turned off, but unfortunately the brightness can't be adjusted in bimmercode as far as I know. I tried lowering the parking light brightness but it didn't seem to do anything. I'll try to get some pictures up when I have time, but overall I've been impressed with the lights especially after having LCI's before as well as DEPO's with LED bulbs.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
AndrewC198910910.50
sspade2464.50
Dang3r12508.50
      07-17-2021, 07:26 AM   #5
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:

Hey man,

So the quality is pretty good, If I am not mistaken one of the components say "HELLA" which is the OEM manufacturer of the BMW LEDS. I owned an LCI before this with the OEM LEDS and the light output is pretty similar, but the cutoff isn't as clean as OEM.

As far as issues, I have run into an issue with the bar at the end of the DRLs, on the driver side the bar at the end of the DRLS don't output light. I didn't notice the first day because I was a little too excited, and it's pretty hard to tell unless you look at a reflection and you'll see the bar next to the two half circles isn't emitting light. so I assume one of the bulbs shorted or something like that, but the seller which is AKD, was very understanding and was okay with sending me a replacement to remedy the situation. I do have to put a deposit down but I feel like that does make sense.

There have been no error messages or issues, and I talked to another guy that had them from aliexpress and he's had no issues whatsoever. No coding was needed and as it truly is plug n play.

I had installed a set of DEPO's before myself, and it took around 7-8 hours because I am not the handiest person, and my brother did a bulk of the work. So this time I sent it to a body shop that I've gone to in the past and they finished the install in around 3 hours. So I think it will vary whether or not you want to DIY or have someone else do it. However, when he installed he told me I needed special screws that he had to order from the dealer and I can ask him which ones specifically.

The DRL's can be turned off, but unfortunately the brightness can't be adjusted in bimmercode as far as I know. I tried lowering the parking light brightness but it didn't seem to do anything. I'll try to get some pictures up when I have time, but overall I've been impressed with the lights especially after having LCI's before as well as DEPO's with LED bulbs.
Wow they look great. I wouldn't be able to tell that they're not OEM. Would love to see some more close up shots if possible. Specifically the area by the indicators that says bmw led.

Definitely let me know about those screws if you can. I think I'll be ordering a set of these ASAP.

Curious how the light output is compared to the stock halogens? I currently have LED bulbs in mine and don't really have any complaints, just looking for an aesthetic change. As long as these headlights are as good as stock I'd be happy.

Thanks for the pics and the info, much appreciated.
      07-17-2021, 01:10 PM   #6
Bmwerspeed123
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320ixdrive

Quote:
Hello All,

Attached is the link

Would you be able to post a video with the headlights and show the blinkers on? I wanted to ask if blinkers on headlights are in sync with the blinkers on the car mirrors
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2021, 03:31 PM   #7
f30hobbes
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewC1989 View Post
Quote:

Hey man,

Wow they look great. I wouldn't be able to tell that they're not OEM. Would love to see some more close up shots if possible. Specifically the area by the indicators that says bmw led.

Definitely let me know about those screws if you can. I think I'll be ordering a set of these ASAP.

Curious how the light output is compared to the stock halogens? I currently have LED bulbs in mine and don't really have any complaints, just looking for an aesthetic change. As long as these headlights are as good as stock I'd be happy.

Thanks for the pics and the info, much appreciated.
Light output is superior in comparison to led bulbs in the stock housing. I'LL keep you posted about the headlight screws I'll probably ask him sometime next week
Appreciate 1
AndrewC198910910.50
      07-19-2021, 09:43 AM   #8
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
very nice! do these have "BMW LED" etched on the outside of the lamps? I've been hesitant to pull the trigger on these myself but they look great.
Also how long did it take to receive them from when you ordered?
      07-19-2021, 05:59 PM   #9
psyki
E36fiend
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i xDrive

Garage List
2014 435i xDrive  [0.00]
2014 X5  [0.00]
It makes sense that coding doesn't affect the brightness of the DRLs anymore, I highly doubt that whoever manufactured these created modules that can fully interface with the rest of the car. For all intents and purposes they're "dumb" lights.

How do the highbeams/lowbeams work? On OEM LEDs the flap you see in the headlights is more in the middle but on these it's practically at the very top. OEM lowbeams come out on the top half and highbeams on the bottom on both the outer and inner segments. I'm guessing on these the lowbeams are the outer lights and highbeams are inner?

And does the "eyebrow" light up? Does it blink yellow for turn signals?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2021, 05:07 AM   #10
zatelli
Private First Class
Morocco
Rep
Drives: 2013 RWD F30

Quote:
Hello All,

Attached is the link
Hi there. I'm glad you're satisfied with your purchase and most importantly sharing your experience with the community. I did the retrofit 6 months ago or so on a pre-LCI and shared and documented my insight on them in a different topic Micro Cracks F30 Xenon adaptive, and here. Coming from HIDs, the most notable aspects are a much improved brightness beam pattern, ease of install, since they're pretty much PnP, while keeping an OEM look, and last but not least, a very reasonable price point.
Are your headlights adaptative too? Enjoy your car's significantly improved front-end.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2021, 06:42 AM   #11
Bmwerspeed123
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zatelli View Post
Quote:
Hello All,

Attached is the link
Hi there. I'm glad you're satisfied with your purchase and most importantly sharing your experience with the community. I did the retrofit 6 months ago or so on a pre-LCI and shared and documented my insight on them in a different topic Micro Cracks F30 Xenon adaptive, and here. Coming from HIDs, the most notable aspects are a much improved brightness beam pattern, ease of install, since they're pretty much PnP, while keeping an OEM look, and last but not least, a very reasonable price point.
Are your headlights adaptative too? Enjoy your car's significantly improved front-end.
Is the eyebrow blinker in sync with the blinker on the side car mirrors?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 02:54 PM   #12
zatelli
Private First Class
Morocco
Rep
Drives: 2013 RWD F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwerspeed123 View Post
They blink just like they should, in sync with the side mirrors turn signals
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 02:56 PM   #13
Bmwerspeed123
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks!! I been wanting to buy them but kind of worried to lol. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2021, 01:19 AM   #14
fredde85
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i

When will it come to 4-serie?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2021, 09:18 PM   #15
ragenitro6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i pre LCI

Will you be able to change bulbs on these without having to remove the whole headlight like I've seen on some aftermarket lights?

Looks pretty good

I know it's hard to tell without top notch camera etc but my only concern is light output during day looks a little weak, but I know that's hard to capture a lot of times
Not sure I'm sold on the yellow light on top either but they don't look bad
Thanks for sharing your experience with them

Also, what did your shop charge you to install them?

I may have a shop do mine if I pull the trigger - not that I can't do it, but if it's reasonable enough, I may save myself the aggravation of it and go play golf while a shop does the hard part lol
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 05:50 AM   #16
f30hobbes
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90Nate View Post
very nice! do these have "BMW LED" etched on the outside of the lamps? I've been hesitant to pull the trigger on these myself but they look great.
Also how long did it take to receive them from when you ordered?
No BMW led logo
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 09:23 PM   #17
f30hobbes
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [8.50]
Quote:
Would you be able to post a video with the headlights and show the blinkers on? I wanted to ask if blinkers on headlights are in sync with the blinkers on the car mirrors
The blinkers are a little out of sync from car mirrors, I'll try to get a video up soon
Appreciate 1
      07-26-2021, 09:47 PM   #18
f30hobbes
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragenitro6 View Post
Will you be able to change bulbs on these without having to remove the whole headlight like I've seen on some aftermarket lights?

Looks pretty good

I know it's hard to tell without top notch camera etc but my only concern is light output during day looks a little weak, but I know that's hard to capture a lot of times
Not sure I'm sold on the yellow light on top either but they don't look bad
Thanks for sharing your experience with them

Also, what did your shop charge you to install them?

I may have a shop do mine if I pull the trigger - not that I can't do it, but if it's reasonable enough, I may save myself the aggravation of it and go play golf while a shop does the hard part lol
It was $200 for install, but price will vary by shop
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2021, 11:57 AM   #19
blandy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Quote:
The blinkers are a little out of sync from car mirrors, I'll try to get a video up soon
Do you have a video of the headlights during night and day ?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2021, 09:01 AM   #20
MagnusAG99
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
How do the highbeams/lowbeams work? On OEM LEDs the flap you see in the headlights is more in the middle but on these it's practically at the very top. OEM lowbeams come out on the top half and highbeams on the bottom on both the outer and inner segments. I'm guessing on these the lowbeams are the outer lights and highbeams are inner?
On many LCI F30 Sedan`s and F31 wagon`s in Norway with the LED headlights that flap youre talking about is identical as on the aftermarket ones showed off here. Its the Adaptive LED`s that got the flap in the middle. These aftermarket ones mimic the "5A2 LED headlights" options and not the "552 Adaptive Led Headlights" option.
Attached Images

Last edited by MagnusAG99; 08-26-2021 at 09:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2021, 07:25 PM   #21
Wes335XI
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335XI Space Grey

Some output photos of the cutoff/light output would be awesome, anything against a wall to see the difference from OEM.
2022 X5 MSport Alpine White/Tartufo Merino - Inbound
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 04:00 PM   #22
drapzzy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Garage List
2016 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Hello All,

Attached is the link
there all usually sourced from the same manufactur most big companies like kies etc just charge a little extra to inspect before shipping
Appreciate 0