F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Winterstorm recalls
GetBMWParts

10-06-2015, 05:50 PM   #67
Usser555
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf2k View Post
No. Net result will be an extra $1000 out of my pocket if I accept the latest deal.

Resubmitted to BMW a request for extra compensation for waiting so long and inconvenience.

Not sure if it'll go through. Will give until noon tomorrow then will request full refund.
- Are you taking exact same model same with same specs just year younger (higher interest for 2016)?
- If so, didn't they have 2015 models available?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 07:37 PM   #68
bd7069
Rep
Drives: 2015 335xi Estoril Blue

Hi guys.
I'm in the same boat, since my fully loaded 335 xi is recalled. I don't have any offers yet from BMW, my SA still "working" with BMW Canada. They could not find 2015 replacement and have to give me 2016 340 xi. In such situation, if BMW would not honour a contract we signed, we should go public or sue BMW. Write letters to Toronto SUN or Star, connect with North American automotive magazines and let other people know what is really happening. IT IS NOT OUR FAULT. I signed the contract that I will pay for my car and I'm in compliance with it. BMW signed that it will give me the car in proper condition and configuration and it broke the contract. It should be law suit and I will join. It is my first luxury car and I already sick of it.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 07:43 PM   #69
mjf2k
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xdrive

I'm getting a 2015 model. The compensation part is he gave me one with the m package worth $900. They "waived it".... but I guess they want to make it back with the finance rate?

IMO the finance rate from 2015 to 2015 is non negotiable.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 10:04 PM   #70
Usser555
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I'm getting a 2015 model. The compensation part is he gave me one with the m package worth $900. They "waived it".... but I guess they want to make it back with the finance rate?

IMO the finance rate from 2015 to 2015 is non negotiable.
Are you saying that for the same model and same year you had 0.9% interest rate (when you bought first time) and now it is the same car and same year with a higher interest rate 1.9%? (added packages don't affect interest rate).

Was there some sort promotion going? It is strange, usually interests are dropping for cars (the older they get). If this is same year and same model, they should offer same interest which was better (most likely by reducing the total price so the monthly payments are not any higher than with the ones which were on recalled car).

Last edited by Usser555; 10-07-2015 at 12:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 08:56 AM   #71
mjf2k
Private
Canada
Rep

Yes it was a promotional interest rate of 0.9%. They don't want to reduce the price of the car to match the rate and want to stick me with the 1.9%.

The sales rep told me that if someone had a higher interest rate then they are getting the benefit now of the 1.9%.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 10:37 AM   #72
Usser555
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Yes it was a promotional interest rate of 0.9%. They don't want to reduce the price of the car to match the rate and want to stick me with the 1.9%.

The sales rep told me that if someone had a higher interest rate then they are getting the benefit now of the 1.9%.
It shouldn't matter if someone else had higher interest and now would benefit with lower rate, yes they would, but it has nothing to do with your case (why is is he even bringing it up?). You had 0.9%, now they are trying to sell to you same spec car which is also older car for a higher price. Even though technically your sale will have on a paper 1.9% interest, the total price has to be reduced to make so that in total it won't cost you more. If you are financing the car then you are losing the value: now you would be buying older car for same price (and this is considering if they will take care of interest rate difference).

If I would be in the same situation I would:
1. ask them to adjust the total price to make so that my monthly payments match my previous pyments and the total I would pay would be the same as with the first car.
2. would ask them to either discount additionally due to the car being older (not sure what amount would be correct for the timeframe) or give something for free for the same amount.

Otherwise it wouldn't make any sense for me to buy from this dealer or even brand. Of course you have to choose what is the best for you.

Good Luck
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 11:40 AM   #73
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Quote:

Isn't the rate still 0.9% on 3 series?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 01:32 PM   #74
mjf2k
Private
Canada
Rep

I think the rate is only 0.9% on 320i. The rest is 1.9%

I agree they should adjust the price to force it to be 0.9% but they refuse to budge. The sales manager is supposed to get back to me today. If it doesn't work then I'll walk.

I did a quick calculation, its been such a painful process that I've already incurred $2500+ in rental car costs for the dealership!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 02:10 PM   #75
Usser555
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I think the rate is only 0.9% on 320i. The rest is 1.9%

I agree they should adjust the price to force it to be 0.9% but they refuse to budge. The sales manager is supposed to get back to me today. If it doesn't work then I'll walk.

I did a quick calculation, its been such a painful process that I've already incurred $2500+ in rental car costs for the dealership!
Hopefully it will work out well.

Not sure what are you referring to "$2500+ in rental car costs", do you mean all the payments you've made? They should be refunded.

You've probably seen this thread http://bit.ly/1FTyJHT
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 03:29 PM   #76
mjf2k
Private
Canada
Rep

Instead of giving me a loaner they gave me a rental car through enterprise. The rate plus insurance is $50/day. I am sure they have a cheaper rate than posted on the paper but it's been about 60 days that I've been in a rental car.

BTW, they didn't want to give me back the money for the payments, even though they've been incorrectly taking payments after i gave back the old car. They wanted to keep all the payments as a rental fee for driving the old car.

Thanks for the link
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 10:39 PM   #77
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport 6MT+RWD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by itrocks4u View Post
Hey man,

Thought you got your car in June/July? I remember talking to you about RWD versus Xdrive. Good luck. Hopefully it all works out.
Thanks, but so far it looks like I'll be walking away from owning a BMW for now...

We did talk a while back, my car arrived at my dealer mid-March so it was delayed in Halifax for a while.

Quote:
Instead of giving me a loaner they gave me a rental car through enterprise. The rate plus insurance is $50/day. I am sure they have a cheaper rate than posted on the paper but it's been about 60 days that I've been in a rental car.

BTW, they didn't want to give me back the money for the payments, even though they've been incorrectly taking payments after i gave back the old car. They wanted to keep all the payments as a rental fee for driving the old car.

Thanks for the link
Wow... they actually said they'd include the insurance for you as well? I was told they wouldn't cover it but I didn't really care given my insurance covers rentals. They took a payment for September from me as well (2 weeks after I dropped off the car), wasn't happy about it at all.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 09:28 AM   #78
mjf2k
Private
Canada
Rep

Keeping the payments going really confuses me. They really shouldn't but I think it's because the dealership doesn't tell them they took the car back.

What I am wondering is if Transport Canada "forced" BMW to recall the cars. Why hasn't there been a recall on Benz, Audi, etc? I question if they really forced them to do anything. The dealer claims the other brands are ignoring it. I think something happened to force only BMW to recall the cars.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 08:35 PM   #79
Usser555
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Keeping the payments going really confuses me. They really shouldn't but I think it's because the dealership doesn't tell them they took the car back.

What I am wondering is if Transport Canada "forced" BMW to recall the cars. Why hasn't there been a recall on Benz, Audi, etc? I question if they really forced them to do anything. The dealer claims the other brands are ignoring it. I think something happened to force only BMW to recall the cars.
I can be wrong, but I doubt that any other brands were affected, if they were, where is the recall from Transport Canada then. Maybe some other years other brands were affected without recalling their cars and this is what they referring to (to make clients feel better). But if during the same time on the same lot with the same circumstances other brands were affected too then they all had to be recalled, especially if it is not voluntary recall and looks like forced recall. The roumer about other brands seem to be made up.

Did anybody see any other info about other brands affected and not recalled? Or only BMW dealers telling it?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2015, 07:26 AM   #80
CHCCubs
Colonel
Latvia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usser555 View Post
Did anybody see any other info about other brands affected and not recalled? Or only BMW dealers telling it?
I was wondering the same thing, assuming the yard is similar to the rail yards here in Toronto, multiple manufacturers have cars sitting in the same place.

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 02:49 PM   #81
bimmr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x1

Anyone got their case settled in a positive manner? Any updates?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 10:29 AM   #82
mjf2k
Private
Canada
Rep

Picked up my replacement on satuday. 2015 328xi m sport estoril blue with premium package.

Aftee weeks of painful back and forth they worked out a way to do the tints for free, give me the m sport package for free and lower the car price to make the amount owing as a 0.9% finance rate which matches my original deal and get back all my previous payments. Oh and they threw in the BMW mats and trunk liner.

The only thing outstanding is to actually receive those reimbursed past payments in my bank account but I think that's a BMW finance thing. So should be fine and can follow up with them.

So, happy in the end. But the overall experience was pretty upsetting. So much so that I wasn't that excited to pick up the car.

The sales manager of the dealership came to apologize which made me feel a bit better since they recognized I was getting jerked around.

Good luck Bimmr!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 01:18 PM   #83
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport 6MT+RWD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf2k
Picked up my replacement on satuday. 2015 328xi m sport estoril blue with premium package.

Aftee weeks of painful back and forth they worked out a way to do the tints for free, give me the m sport package for free and lower the car price to make the amount owing as a 0.9% finance rate which matches my original deal and get back all my previous payments. Oh and they threw in the BMW mats and trunk liner.

The only thing outstanding is to actually receive those reimbursed past payments in my bank account but I think that's a BMW finance thing. So should be fine and can follow up with them.

So, happy in the end. But the overall experience was pretty upsetting. So much so that I wasn't that excited to pick up the car.

The sales manager of the dealership came to apologize which made me feel a bit better since they recognized I was getting jerked around.

Good luck Bimmr!
Glad to hear your situation got sorted out! Do keep us posted about the refund of your monthly payments, I really hope they don't give you any surprises and refund all your payments in full. When I spoke to BMW FS last week, they said it should get processed a week or two after your dealer informs them to refund the payments.
      10-15-2015, 02:06 PM   #84
MTHX
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335XI MPerformance edition

Garage List
2018 F90M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmr View Post
Anyone got their case settled in a positive manner? Any updates?
Yes.

I let you know tommorow. I pick-up m'y New cars.
I think i get a good deal.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2015, 07:56 AM   #85
bd7069
Rep

Congratulation on your new ride, wish you the best. I don't even get any offer. I don't know what is going on. Literally nothing. I think BMW decided already to cancel my deal. If that so, I will walk away. I drive very nice car, however all that ordeal make me sick of BMW. They act like cheap ar$ store. Very disappointed.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2015, 01:05 PM   #86
mjf2k
Private
Canada
Rep

The sales agents have no incentive to rush the replacement since they are not getting paid commission for these deals. You'll have to reach out to your sales guy to get things going.

bd7069 did they take your car from you?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2015, 07:29 PM   #87
bd7069
Rep

Not yet. SA doesn't have any power in this situation. I met once with sales manager and he was not very pleased that I requested the same car as I have. Since late August, I don't know what will happen to my car and me and this is the frustrating part. I don't want to end it up without a car in the middle of Canadian winter.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2015, 03:03 PM   #88
bimmr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x1

Can you please elaborate 'they are not making commission off this?' Anyone knows if the dealership is considering the 'swap' as a new sale?

I am confused because I was told they will be treating this as a completely 'new sale' and thats why they have to charge admin fees, license fees and crap again - and of course, the other reason why he said this is because he also wants to point out the fact that the OLD financial rates no longer exist, and any rebates wouldn't apply either because is a 'new sale'. Does that mean the dealership was lying to me?
Appreciate 0