F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Engine light: DDE / ZGM, PT-CAN: communication fault
GetBMWParts

11-02-2022, 11:07 AM   #1
denismusa
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 420d pre-lci

Engine light: DDE / ZGM, PT-CAN: communication fault

Hi everybody

I have an engine light that pop-ups for 10-20 seconds when I start my BMW F36 pre-lci 420d, almost everytime I start the car.

I have tried to check on ISTA it has being saying 2 fault codes that is on the same mileage when the engine light has been on.

- CD840A - DDE, PT-CAN: communication fault
- CD040A - ZGM, PT-CAN: communication fault

and when I open the fault it says something about "The fault is logged after Terminal 15 has been hot for a maximum of ten seconds"

I really can figure out what it is, and I'm getting a bad stomach every time I see the engine light up when starting the car, but always disappearing after 10-20 seconds, but still a headache for me.

I don't know if this can be anything to do with retrofitting something like NBT EVO screen and 6WB cluster?

Can anyone help me with this?
Appreciate 0