F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Sprint Booster v3
GetBMWParts

03-19-2019, 05:53 AM   #1
TQMp5135
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i F32 6MT (MPPK, MPE)

Sprint Booster v3

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the sprint booster v3 works perfectly well on uk cars (same part no. as for the US version of the car)? There is a clear warning on the website that it has only been designed and tested for the US market.

Mine is a 435i manual with MPPK + MPE.

Can anyone in the uk attest to the long term performance and reliability of the sprint booster on a car such as mine?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 07:38 AM   #2
Alscoob
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G31 540i M Sport Edition

If there's any doubt, why not consider a DTUK pedal box ? had one of those an never a problem.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 08:20 AM   #3
ian332isport
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Shadow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscoob View Post
If there's any doubt, why not consider a DTUK pedal box ? had one of those an never a problem.
How much of a difference do these sort of things make ?

I tend to put mine in sport by default to get rid of the comfort mode throttle lag, but it holds gears longer than is needed unless you're out for a proper drive.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 09:09 AM   #4
TQMp5135
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian332isport View Post

I tend to put mine in sport by default to get rid of the comfort mode throttle lag, but it holds gears longer than is needed unless you're out for a proper drive.
The majority of reviews seem to be very positive. It basically just alters the signal from your throttle pedal to make your ECU think the pedal is being pushed further or faster than it is and so improves the sensitivity of the throttle pedal (to various degrees based on what setting you have it in).

The car won’t feel any different under full throttle I imagine, but hopefully the initial part of the throttle pedal will be more sensitive and it will feel more sporty and alive. This is exactly what I want. My throttle pedal has seemed a bit dead and unresponsive recently so I’m hoping this will improve the sharpness of throttle response and make throttle blips on downshifts in my manual easier as well as just make the driving experience overall more fun.

I drive in sport mode all the time so there is no further mode for me to use!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 09:41 AM   #5
EnnF30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M Sport

Can confirm this works perfectly, got one on my 2013 F30 328i since November without any issues. Easy install too just make sure you disconnect negative terminal on the battery and wait 10 mins to be sure.

Does exactly as previously stated, lessens the travel distance to full throttle through varying degrees of sensitivity. From memory, there's 18 settings plus off, might be wrong though.

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 09:51 AM   #6
TQMp5135
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnnF30 View Post
Can confirm this works perfectly, got one on my 2013 F30 328i since November without any issues. Easy install too just make sure you disconnect negative terminal on the battery and wait 10 mins to be sure.

Does exactly as previously stated, lessens the travel distance to full throttle through varying degrees of sensitivity. From memory, there's 18 settings plus off, might be wrong though.

Hope this helps!
Thanks! That does help.

So where did you get yours from?

I can so far only find a handful of places that sell it in the uk and the part number seems to be RSBD401. But on the US site SprintBoosterSales, the part number for my car seems to be SPRBM004. Both for the 435i.

Can there really be a difference in these two parts corresponding to US and UK versions of my car considering the simplicity of what it does? I’d rather order from the US site because they offer a 30 day satisfaction guarantee.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 09:57 AM   #7
EnnF30
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQMp5135 View Post
Quote:

Hope this helps!
Thanks! That does help.

I can so far only find a handful of places that sell it in the uk and the part number seems to be RSBD401. But on the US site SprintBoosterSales, the part number for my car seems to be SPRBM004. Both for the 435i.

Can there really be a difference in these two parts corresponding to US and UK versions of my car considering the simplicity of what it does? I’d rather order from the US site because they offer a 30 day satisfaction guarantee.
MStyle.co.uk

Just checked and they sell the model for 4 Series either Auto or 6MT for £199.

Remember if you buy from the UK, £0 import tax! Caught me out on a few of my purchases from the US...
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 10:26 AM   #8
TQMp5135
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
MStyle.co.uk

Remember if you buy from the UK, £0 import tax! Caught me out on a few of my purchases from the US...
You make a valid point.

I guess for me it is just that, although peanuts compared to the other mods I already have installed, it’s still pricey enough that I would want some sort of money back guarantee if I don’t like it.

How have you found it? Perfect in every way or does it have drawbacks?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 12:47 PM   #9
EnnF30
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
MStyle.co.uk

You make a valid point.

I guess for me it is just that, although peanuts compared to the other mods I already have installed, it’s still pricey enough that I would want some sort of money back guarantee if I don’t like it.

How have you found it? Perfect in every way or does it have drawbacks?
Try contacting them and see what they can do. If that fails, try Roy @ enquiries@ca-int.co.uk, I've bought a lot of US parts through him and I'm sure he'll offer some form of guarantee. May even beat MStyle's price cause he's done that for me before!

Yeah like a dream once I got the settings correct, takes a little bit of driving to dial it in. I have one for comfort and one for sport. It requires a manual change but certainly helps considering it's my daily driver!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 03:43 PM   #10
TQMp5135
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Try contacting them and see what they can do. If that fails, try Roy @ enquiries@ca-int.co.uk, I've bought a lot of US parts through him and I'm sure he'll offer some form of guarantee. May even beat MStyle's price cause he's done that for me before!

Yeah like a dream once I got the settings correct, takes a little bit of driving to dial it in. I have one for comfort and one for sport. It requires a manual change but certainly helps considering it's my daily driver!
Thanks! I’ll give Roy a shout!

Excellent! Great to hear it’s working out for you. Good to know you’re enjoying it as a mod for your DD. Thanks for your help!

I was also thinking about the BMS pedal tuner. I think it only came out September last year or something. Has anyone had any experience of that?

Has anyone got an idea of how it compares to sprint booster v3?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 07:08 AM   #11
Alscoob
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G31 540i M Sport Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian332isport View Post

Big difference will eliminate any throttle lag.

Look here... https://www.diesel-performance.co.uk...DTUK+Pedal+Box
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 07:54 PM   #12
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Quote:
Thanks! That does help.

Why do you want to mess about buying a US based pedal box? Plenty of companies supply pedal boxes in the UK, they all do the same sort of thing.

DTUK as mentioned above.
Racechip https://www.racechip.co.uk/pedal-box...RoCOl8QAvD_BwE
Chiptuning (looks like the DTUK box) https://www.chiptuning.com/uk/pedalbox.html

You can get them with or without an app to control them from your phone.

Few people on here have fitted pedal boxes over the years, do a search.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 07:59 PM   #13
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

One thing, do you guys that have them declare them to your insurance? Although it does not increase engine power output, it is still technically a modification.
You don't want your insurance to be potentially null and void.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 05:15 AM   #14
TQMp5135
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
Why do you want to mess about buying a US based pedal box? Plenty of companies supply pedal boxes in the UK, they all do the same sort of thing.

DTUK as mentioned above.
Racechip https://www.racechip.co.uk/pedal-box...RoCOl8QAvD_BwE
Chiptuning (looks like the DTUK box) https://www.chiptuning.com/uk/pedalbox.html

You can get them with or without an app to control them from your phone.

Few people on here have fitted pedal boxes over the years, do a search.
Thanks for the links :-).

I guess after all the reviews I've read, it seems like SprintBooster came out on top as the best. So this was my first choice.

I know they all do the same sort of thing but the the throttle curves they all apply could be different and it seems like sprint booster have nailed that natural cable linkage feel in the BMWs from some of the reviews, as well as eliminated the top "dead" end of the pedal travel, which is the two things I really want.

BMS pedal tuner hasn't been out that long so there are not many reviews but I was considering their product simply because of their establishment in the BMW tuning market (e.g. JB4) and lots of their products seem to be solid and get great reviews.

I'll do some more research!
Appreciate 1
dopper993528.00
      03-21-2019, 05:16 AM   #15
TQMp5135
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscoob View Post
Big difference will eliminate any throttle lag.

Look here... https://www.diesel-performance.co.uk...DTUK+Pedal+Box
Thanks Alscoob
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 05:17 AM   #16
TQMp5135
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
One thing, do you guys that have them declare them to your insurance? Although it does not increase engine power output, it is still technically a modification.
You don't want your insurance to be potentially null and void.
I was planning to alert mine. My wallet is always nervous when on the phone to them about potential mods.
Appreciate 0