F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Error when trying to code KOMBI
GetBMWParts

09-22-2022, 06:42 PM   #111
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbT View Post
its original kombi of the car. i got that error when i was coding with bimmercode app. after coding digital seed on cluster right after it rebooted its 999999
Well, fault code is for Mileage Manipulation:

Fault Code Description
Internal fault.
The total distance cannot be restored in the instrument panel.
The fault code entry occurs if the total distance stored in the EEPROM of the instrument cluster cannot be read after a reset.

The total distance in the instrument cluster and in the partner control unit is faulty. The total distance travelled cannot be restored in the vehicle.
The fault memory entry will only be detected one time per terminal change. The fault memory entry is made when the total distance can be restored neither from the instrument cluster nor from the partner control unit after turning on terminal R.

Fault Impact
The value 999999 km is displayed in the instrument cluster for the total distance. The manipulation dot is set.

What is story here? What caused this?

When you calculate Service Plan with ISTA, what does it say you need to do to fix it?

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 07:46 PM   #112
HerbT
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Well, fault code is for Mileage Manipulation:

Fault Code Description
Internal fault.
The total distance cannot be restored in the instrument panel.
The fault code entry occurs if the total distance stored in the EEPROM of the instrument cluster cannot be read after a reset.

The total distance in the instrument cluster and in the partner control unit is faulty. The total distance travelled cannot be restored in the vehicle.
The fault memory entry will only be detected one time per terminal change. The fault memory entry is made when the total distance can be restored neither from the instrument cluster nor from the partner control unit after turning on terminal R.

Fault Impact
The value 999999 km is displayed in the instrument cluster for the total distance. The manipulation dot is set.

What is story here? What caused this?

When you calculate Service Plan with ISTA, what does it say you need to do to fix it?

i used the bimmercode app to activate and deactivate the auto start features. then i also coded the the digital speed display on the cluster. right after the coding the cluster turned off then turned on with 999999 red dot. on the service plan its asking to replace the cluster
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 11:26 PM   #113
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbT View Post
i used the bimmercode app to activate and deactivate the auto start features. then i also coded the the digital speed display on the cluster. right after the coding the cluster turned off then turned on with 999999 red dot. on the service plan its asking to replace the cluster
It have never seen anything like this where Coding would corrupt Mileage. I have no idea what fix is.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 04:12 AM   #114
Siki78
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30,G30

Do you have Mileage blocker install on car?