F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > Does the F34 have Cupholder LED light?
GetBMWParts

02-06-2020, 08:32 AM   #1
Gran_Turismo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i GT M Sport

Does the F34 have Cupholder LED light?

I read that the f30s with the light package (ambient lighting) have the cupholder light. I have the light package but there is no cup holder light under the radio trim piece. I was looking to do the LCI radio trim mod.

So the question is, does the F34 not come with this cupholder light??
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 09:18 AM   #2
WhiteCollarMetalHead
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i GT xDrive

I have a 2015 335 GT , build date of 3/10/15 with the lighting package and mine has the cup holder light.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 09:33 AM   #3
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Mine has it.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 09:49 AM   #4
Gran_Turismo
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Wow mine does not have it wth? Prod Date 2015-07-06

"S563A Light package"

I'm really confused now..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 11:13 AM   #5
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Make sure it's not floating around inside the dash. I think I see the mounting clip for it on your cover.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 03:40 PM   #6
3-GT
Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gran_Turismo View Post
I read that the f30s with the light package (ambient lighting) have the cupholder light. I have the light package but there is no cup holder light under the radio trim piece. I was looking to do the LCI radio trim mod.

Unfortunately it looks as though cars built from 07/2015 until LCI (I think), don't have the cup holder light even if they have the lighting package.

If you're looking to do the AC/radio trim lighting mod see post #2 in this thread and click the link contained within, someone has done a mod for this scenario.
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1165755.

The link doesn't seem to show on the Bimmerpost app so here it is.
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=324

The OP of the thread 'Dante' was selling home-made y-cable's (although for his shorter mod). He may make be willing to make a longer one like in 'Chew' mod. Not sure on what he was charging, hopefully more reasonable than Ebay.

Someone is selling both longer and shorter versions on ebay uk, you may find them on your home ebay site too.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 08:44 AM   #7
Gran_Turismo
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-GT View Post
Unfortunately it looks as though cars built from 07/2015 until LCI (I think), don't have the cup holder light even if they have the lighting package.

If you're looking to do the AC/radio trim lighting mod see post #2 in this thread and click the link contained within, someone has done a mod for this scenario.
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1165755.

The link doesn't seem to show on the Bimmerpost app so here it is.
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=324

The OP of the thread 'Dante' was selling home-made y-cable's (although for his shorter mod). He may make be willing to make a longer one like in 'Chew' mod. Not sure on what he was charging, hopefully more reasonable than Ebay.

Someone is selling both longer and shorter versions on ebay uk, you may find them on your home ebay site too.
Cool thanks! I wanted to do the actual trim lighting mod!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 03:22 PM   #8
Torquey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i GT | 550i 6MT

Quote:
Can you post a link? I also got the lighting package but build date was 9/15... so there's nothing where the cup-holder light is supposed to be.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 04:02 AM   #9
3-GT
Lieutenant
Wales
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquey View Post
Quote:
Can you post a link? I also got the lighting package but build date was 9/15... so there's nothing where the cup-holder light is supposed to be.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?si...rue&_pgn=1

I'm not quite sure why he has so many different versions at different prices.

I'd private message the OP (Dante) in the thread I posted, see if he's still doing them and if he can do the longer version. I'm sure his price would be better too.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 02:07 PM   #10
wilbur_the_goose
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 330ix Gran Turismo

I have an '18 F34 with the ambient lighting package - no cupholder lights. Don't really care, to be honest...
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 05:07 PM   #11
Torquey
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?si...ne=true&_pgn=1

I'm not quite sure why he has so many different versions at different prices.

I'd private message the OP (Dante) in the thread I posted, see if he's still doing them and if he can do the longer version. I'm sure his price would be better too.
Thanks man! I did PM Dante and Chew both... but didn't hear back. So I looked at the UK eBay seller you had linked. Yes it was a bit confusing with all the variations, so I contacted them to explain specifically what I needed (wiring that splits from the footwell light power and has plug-ins for both the LCi trim and Cupholder LED). They were very quick to respond with the exact item# (The cable I purchased). Initially I was shocked to see the S&H to US being almost as much as the item itself. But the more I compared it against the ones listed from China (cheaper example for no cupholder LED cars)... the quality seemed much better (OEM connectors, heat shrinked etc.). Since they offer free shipping within UK, I decided to have it shipped to a cousin of mine in Bolton and then I'll figure out a way to get it to the States.

I've already ordered the LCi trim and Cupholder LED module from a dealer online. Looking forward to putting this together for some extra "ambiance"
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 05:35 PM   #12
Torquey
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gran_Turismo View Post

OP you may want to look at the links on my post above, if you are still planning on doing the mod. The cable that I bought has the option to power both the cupholder LED and the LCi stereo trim. From the looks, it's integrated into one cable. The Chinese one will only let you power the LCi trim and if you want to add the cupholder light, then you'll need to buy a separate shorter splitter (like this).
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2020, 04:21 AM   #13
nomaGTF34
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320d GT M Sport F34

do you haveapictureofhow the cabin looks with the ambient lighting at night? I have 17/F34 but doesn't have ambient lighting on my doors but it is configured on the idrive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbur_the_goose View Post
I have an '18 F34 with the ambient lighting package - no cupholder lights. Don't really care, to be honest...
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2020, 12:44 PM   #14
3-GT
Lieutenant
Wales
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomaGTF34 View Post
do you haveapictureofhow the cabin looks with the ambient lighting at night? I have 17/F34 but doesn't have ambient lighting on my doors but it is configured on the idrive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbur_the_goose View Post
What trim level is your car. Most F34 trims had extended lighting as standard later on in its production life.

According to this South Africa brochure, it's only basic trim that doesn't have it as standard.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...bB_JENRdubDeRJ

If you have anything else but basic trim have you tried adjusting the brightness up using the wheel next to the headlight switch.

Also in the idrive navigate menu>settings>lights and check if it's set to classic (orange) as sport (white) doesn't show as well on the interior. You may also have a brightness adjustment there too, if so increase it to max.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1