F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Wuhan Coronavirus - The second wave (Moderator: Non-political discussion only)
proTUNING Freaks

09-18-2020, 06:46 AM   #23
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedsRedBaby View Post
If only there were people to enforce the rules.
Indeed .. I’ve told people to move back Away from me in similar situations to that (although not a covid compliance officer ). Obviously you risk a confrontation if the person is a funny f**ker, but if they need chinning then that’s what they’ll get.

One thing this pandemic has taught me is that 50% of the population of Britain are either stupid or ignorant selfish c**ts. Before the pandemic I thought it was only around 20% .. I was wrong!

Last edited by Hooded; 09-18-2020 at 07:21 AM..
Appreciate 6
Armaan714.50
RobUK2811.00
      09-18-2020, 07:14 AM   #24
machman767
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport+

Preston is now going under stricter controls, I live south of the Ribble and that's where the barbers was. I was the eldest in there, I'm mid fifties(noooooo........) so it is a case of complacency. As for enforcement, can't remember the last time I saw a policeman AT ALL, as has been mentioned we need a vaccine sharpish.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 07:27 AM   #25
Alscoob
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G31 540i M Sport Edition

Just typical attitude of some typical British folk, think they know better that the professionals.

Neighbour opposite is a teacher husband, 2 kids & a baby, so that's 5, they had her mother and 2 others visiting yesterday...... so clearly not a maths teacher!

...and next day she's off to school... tosser!
Appreciate 2
KRS_SN13500.00
      09-18-2020, 07:33 AM   #26
mikeoz
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeoz View Post
Just heard on LBC an NHS worker was knocked out on a bus over a "Confrontation involving masks"....
London i think...Seems to be a very British thing we don't like enforcing laws...unfortunately
This..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ml#socialLinks
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 07:35 AM   #27
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M440i Convertible

Quote:
Quote:
Just heard on LBC an NHS worker was knocked out on a bus over a "Confrontation involving masks"....
London i think...Seems to be a very British thing we don't like enforcing laws...unfortunately
This..

I saw the cctv on the BBC website earlier. Total vermin but hopefully easily identified.
Appreciate 1
mikeoz2856.00
      09-18-2020, 08:32 AM   #28
TodmordenLad
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A4 Avant

Quote:
Was almost going to put this in the above mentioned thread but I think I have gone mad...
I am sure I heard Dido Harding saying " NO one could have predicted a increase in testing for September" followed by Matt Hancock saying there's plenty of Tests and don't believe everything the Media tells you??

Maybe it's me...
You heard correctly, Mike.
Both are truly hopeless at their jobs and only in post because of connections / loyalty to BJ, all well documented. At a time when the country is most in need of capable leadership, we have a collection of the most inept and inexperienced ministers, directed by an unelected and wholly maverick advisor. It's desperate.
mikeoz2856.00
      09-18-2020, 08:53 AM   #29
Lincoln61
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 430d Msport+

Hospitalisations are starting to rise, sadly deaths will follow. I think we are in for a pretty shocking winter.

Its worrying we are heading back to square one, but even more worrying what impact this is going to have on national and personal finances.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 12:01 PM   #30
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

Quote:
Was almost going to put this in the above mentioned thread but I think I have gone mad...
I am sure I heard Dido Harding saying " NO one could have predicted a increase in testing for September" followed by Matt Hancock saying there's plenty of Tests and don't believe everything the Media tells you??

Maybe it's me...
You mean the world-beating programme?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 12:16 PM   #31
335dMSport+
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 40d MSport+

Quote:
Quote:
This..

They also say in the article that they don't have any proof it was anything to do with a mask. The guy woke up in hospital and couldn't remember anything according to Sky News, so who knows what the truth is? :
      09-18-2020, 01:09 PM   #32
mikeoz
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahajesh View Post
You mean the world-beating programme?
Thats the 1 yeah...World beatingley poor..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 01:11 PM   #33
mikeoz
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dMSport+ View Post
They also say in the article that they don't have any proof it was anything to do with a mask. The guy woke up in hospital and couldn't remember anything according to Sky News, so who knows what the truth is? :
From Police statement..
Police believe the attack was prompted by the victim moving away from his attacker who was not wearing a mask on public transport
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 01:18 PM   #34
JR1664
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

One of the daughters is a teacher. Last weekend she presented with Covid symptoms. Despite having a testing station down the road was told to go to Cardiff (100 miles away).

Isle of Wight are being told to go to the mainland and Exeter are also being sent to Cardiff.

Wtf is going on.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 01:29 PM   #35
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR1664 View Post
One of the daughters is a teacher. Last weekend she presented with Covid symptoms. Despite having a testing station down the road was told to go to Cardiff (100 miles away).

Isle of Wight are being told to go to the mainland and Exeter are also being sent to Cardiff.

Wtf is going on.
A stupid system is what’s going on.

Giving at risk areas more appointments makes perfect sense. Giving those appointments to people miles and miles away defeats that objective.

If the system gives someone from miles away an appointment for another area because they’ve not all been taken up, they should redirect them to the local station for the actual test. They are only trying to limit lab capacity, not physical capacity at the test stations.

Chesterfield has never had more than one car in when I’ve been past, and I go past quite a bit. Yet local people are being redirected miles away like in all other areas.

It is a logistical and system fuck up.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 02:08 PM   #36
Lincoln61
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

TBF no matter how well you plan the logistics, if dicks who just fancy a test keep putting pressure on your plan, it will fail.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 02:15 PM   #37
R0B
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

I'm a London commuter (albeit only one or two days per week now) and I can hand on heart say that that there's a massive problem with mask-wearing not being enforced.

On Tuesday I got on a train and was one of two out of five people in the carriage wearing a mask.

On the tubes at least 2/10 weren't masked. 1/8 didn't have the mask on properly. And TFL workers were also wearing them round their necks. I get they're allowed to make their own choice, but do it properly or don't do it at all. (The half maskers are actually more annoying to my mind).

I have spoken with friends and colleagues and there's also, certainly in London, a couple of groups of people in particular who aren't following the rules. I won't say it here and won't get drawn into it, but it's a fact that many Londoners are discussing.

In the last 48 hours I've become ill. Almost certainly a result of kids going back to school, but I have a test on the way as a precaution and am hiding in the meantime.

Interestingly I said to my wife a while ago we'd start seeing two week lockdowns. Halloween is cancelled!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 02:16 PM   #38
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln61 View Post
TBF no matter how well you plan the logistics, if dicks who just fancy a test keep putting pressure on your plan, it will fail.
Tis true. Clearly setting up a massive programme like this is bound to be bumpy and difficult but surely they must realise you can not count on the public having any common sense.

I think the local lock downs should be at county level. easier to manage, less local beurocrats to deal with and easier to understand. Yes it will effect and pi55 off alot of people just for being in a county but it might make people think more.
Appreciate 1
Lincoln61746.50
      09-18-2020, 02:34 PM   #39
Lincoln61
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I think there has been too much reliance on the British public having common sense. Their voting record should be warning enough!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 02:52 PM   #40
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M-Sport

Quote:
Hospitalisations are starting to rise, sadly deaths will follow. I think we are in for a pretty shocking winter.

Its worrying we are heading back to square one, but even more worrying what impact this is going to have on national and personal finances.
On one hand I don’t think we will Go back to the amount of deaths we were having daily back in April because the number of daily cases back then was shockingly high but mostly undetected due to low testing numbers in the community. Lockdown Restrictions should come back in before it gets that bad.

On the other hand though, due to the governments fear of ruining the economy even more, they might not bring in enough lockdown restrictions like the did earlier in the year this time so could struggle to get the R0 down below 1 over winter and things could get ugly again then
Appreciate 1
Lincoln61746.50
      09-18-2020, 02:54 PM   #41
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
I don’t think it can all be put down to that.

Dicks weren’t all wanting tests 6 weeks ago when testing capacity was all ok. More people are needing tests because they have to. More people have symptoms because more people have it. More places are open now where symptoms require a negative test to keep allow you to keep going.

Work places, schools etc.

And sending someone from London to Aberdeen for a test, which was actually suggested, because Aberdeen has been allocated more lab capacity is a system or planning cock up.

One parent in Nottingham got fed up and just drove to her local and empty test station. They tested her child without an appointment because there was no one there. Breaking the rules maybe, but common sense.

If I got a test allocated in Leeds I’d drive to the Chesterfield test centre and try my luck with my booking reference and a bit of persuasion. The sample will go to the same lab for testing, so I won’t be creating any issues. Might not work, but I’d give it a try.

Last edited by Goneinsixtyseconds; 09-18-2020 at 03:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 03:07 PM   #42
Lincoln61
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
I don’t think it can all be put down to that.

Dicks weren’t all wanting tests 6 weeks ago when testing capacity was all ok. More people are needing tests because they have to. More people have symptoms because more people have it. More places are open now where symptoms require a negative test to keep allow you to keep going.

Work places, schools etc.

And sending someone from London to Aberdeen for a test, which was actually suggested, because Aberdeen has been allocated more lab capacity is a system or planning cock up.

One parent in Nottingham got fed up and just drove to her local and empty test station. They tested her child without an appointment because there was no one there. Breaking the rules maybe, but common sense.

If I got a test allocated in Leeds I’d drive to the Chesterfield test centre and try my luck with my booking reference and a bit of persuasion. The sample will go to the sands lab for testing, so I won’t be creating any issues. Might not work, but I’d give it a try.
Agree it's not all down to that, but we see people wanting a test because of runny nose and non covid symptoms. Its understandable people worry and I dont think there is a definitive answer.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 03:08 PM   #43
rich100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 320i Xdrive msport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquazi View Post
Am I being a bit thick - where has the original thread with a gazzion posts gone?
Check the "Am I going mad" Thread.....
But be quick before they take it down .....
Appreciate 1
mikeoz2856.00
      09-18-2020, 03:55 PM   #44
Kendo67
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Me - 440i , Dog - Cayenne

Morrisons yesterday , still loads of customers AND staff (stacking shelves) not wearing masks.

KFC tonight , two of the six customers inside the shop not wearing masks and EVERY Delivero / Just Eat delivery person that came into the shop was not wearing a mask even though there was a notice on the door that "Face Coverings MUST be worn" and to cap it all off they got the bloody order wrong.

I have came the the conclusion that from now i am looking after number one (and family) as some people just dont give a toss for the people around them and no amount of telling them will change their selfishness so no point in trying , after all it is all that has been reported everywhere for the last five months.

K
Appreciate 1
Lincoln61746.50