F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > My F36 in an accident yesterday
Studio RSR

09-16-2019, 10:48 AM   #1
SL_F36
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 440i Xdrive GC

My F36 in an accident yesterday

so, this happened on my 2019 bmw 440i GC x drive with around 3000 miles.
i live in new york and there are alot of drives that should stay home and ride uber instead of driving or the state should take away licenses or suspend from people aged over 65 to drive on the road for sake of everyone else.

i was on a 3 lane park way going at a speed limit which was 55 mph. i was drive in the middle lane with a car infront of me with no traffic and the car infront is going at same speed because i kept constant distance away from the car. while driving the car infront all of sudden hard breaks trying to use the exit from the middle lane! from 3 lane parkway!
the way that person press on break almost made me think that the person got into an accident.

i was going at 55 without expecting anyone to break that hard on a middle lane to exit. (if i was on the right lane, i would expect someone to do such a thing and i would be more prepared) i pressed on the break but it was too late and i had to rear end the drive infront.

my air bags are popped and front end is destroyed. the lady who got off from the car infront was a 65 years old lady...
weirdly the person wasnt even mad or anything about the accident, all she said was im ok, and are you ok?
i asked her why did u break so hard? and all she said was are you ok?
she tried to avoid my question. this makes me think either shes just a nice laid back lady or is she trying to hide the fact that she did something wrong so that she feels bad about the accident so shes asking me if i am ok?
either way, unless she admits that she tried to exit from the middle lane it will be 100% my fault for the accident.

thankfully i and my wife are both ok with just minor muscle tensions, coughing from the smoke of air bag deploy and a little bit of dizziness.

i hope that the car is not totaled.

heres a pic of the car. let me know what you guys think.

sorry about any sentence not making any sense. just really pissed and sad at the same time. my fingers are moving but its bothering me and my muscles.
Attached Images

09-16-2019, 11:30 AM   #2
celsdogg
E4 Mafia
Rep
Drives: E30, E36/5, E46, F22, F30

Garage List
1990 BMW 325i  [0.00]
1998 BMW 318ti  [0.00]
2003 BMW 325i  [0.00]
2015 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
wow, that stinks. it was bad enough to dump your rad.

glad to hear everyone is ok though. good luck on the repair or replacement!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 04:56 PM   #3
Zanity
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 428i

dude, get a dash cam! this same thing happen to me 2 weeks ago, I have full recording on the dash cam, the other guy blamed me for it when he completely cut me off and side swiped my front end. I submitted this video to my insurance company, 2 days later, they closed the case, 100% the other guy's fault.

Pic of the after math, my car is already completely fixed now.
Attached Images

09-18-2019, 04:59 PM   #4
SL_F36
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanity View Post
dude, get a dash cam! this same thing happen to me 2 weeks ago, I have full recording on the dash cam, the other guy blamed me for it when he completely cut me off and side swiped my front end. I submitted the video to my insurance company, 2 days later they closed the case, 100% the other guy's fault.
The body shop just got my car from the tow yard and told me that it might get totaled..... i will find out tomorrow from the eatimator.
Wish me luck
      09-19-2019, 11:10 AM   #5
Zanity
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL_F36 View Post
The body shop just got my car from the tow yard and told me that it might get totaled..... i will find out tomorrow from the eatimator.
Wish me luck
Good luck man, from the looks of it, it will probably be totaled. but I bet you with 1300km, somebody is going to rebuild it and sell it.
      09-19-2019, 12:33 PM   #6
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Sad, disappointing ... but I am glad you are OK. Cars can be replaced or repaired.

Zanity offers a very valid suggestion to get a dash cam.

Applying a very famous expression by a well known financial services company, "don't leave home without it" in today's world.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 12:35 PM   #7
SL_F36
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
Sad, disappointing ... but I am glad you are OK. Cars can be replaced or repaired.

Zanity offers a very valid suggestion to get a dash cam.

Applying a very famous expression by a well known financial services company, "don't leave home without it" in today's world.
Car is declared total.
So sad
Did bunch of things to it
      09-19-2019, 01:14 PM   #8
Zanity
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Car is declared total.
So sad
Welp, time for a M2.
      09-19-2019, 02:57 PM   #9
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Quote:
Car is declared total.
So sad
Bummer. It is what it is ...

Switching to a brighter side, you can now look forward to configuring your new car with every option.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 02:59 PM   #10
SL_F36
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Car is declared total.
So sad

Switching to a brighter side, you can now look forward to configuring your new car with every option.
The repair estimate came out to 37k
Seems way too high
      09-19-2019, 03:00 PM   #11
SL_F36
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Car is declared total.
So sad

Yeah new car awaits for me i guess
Except i wasted about $3.5k plus al the stuff i put in to this car plus all the fees for the new car
      09-19-2019, 03:56 PM   #12
Zanity
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
The repair estimate came out to 37k
Seems way too high
Well, from my recent incident, I found out one headlight assembly cost $5000 just for the part, no labour... so, I'm not surprised.

Also, do you have receipts for the parts you added to the car ? Because depending on your insurance company, they sometimes takes that into consideration and will pay you extra.
      09-19-2019, 05:08 PM   #13
DeeGlizzy918
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Quote:
Wish me luck
Good luck man, from the looks of it, it will probably be totaled. but I bet you with 1300km, somebody is going to rebuild it and sell it.
And ill be that person to rebuild it and sell it cause this shit isn't totaled i know that motor can still run
      09-19-2019, 05:09 PM   #14
DeeGlizzy918
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
i live in new york and there are alot of drives that should stay home and ride uber instead of driving or the state should take away licenses or suspend from people aged over 65 to drive on the road for sake of everyone else.

i was on a 3 lane park way going at a speed limit which was 55 mph. i was drive in the middle lane with a car infront of me with no traffic and the car infront is going at same speed because i kept constant distance away from the car. while driving the car infront all of sudden hard breaks trying to use the exit from the middle lane! from 3 lane parkway!
the way that person press on break almost made me think that the person got into an accident.

i was going at 55 without expecting anyone to break that hard on a middle lane to exit. (if i was on the right lane, i would expect someone to do such a thing and i would be more prepared) i pressed on the break but it was too late and i had to rear end the drive infront.

my air bags are popped and front end is destroyed. the lady who got off from the car infront was a 65 years old lady...
weirdly the person wasnt even mad or anything about the accident, all she said was im ok, and are you ok?
she tried to avoid my question. this makes me think either shes just a nice laid back lady or is she trying to hide the fact that she did something wrong so that she feels bad about the accident so shes asking me if i am ok?
either way, unless she admits that she tried to exit from the middle lane it will be 100% my fault for the accident.

thankfully i and my wife are both ok with just minor muscle tensions, coughing from the smoke of air bag deploy and a little bit of dizziness.

sorry about any sentence not making any sense. just really pissed and sad at the same time. my fingers are moving but its bothering me and my muscles.
Lease or finance ?
      09-19-2019, 05:11 PM   #15
SL_F36
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGlizzy918 View Post
Quote:

Lease or finance ?
Leased
      09-22-2019, 09:18 PM   #16
Zanity
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGlizzy918 View Post
And ill be that person to rebuild it and sell it cause this shit isn't totaled i know that motor can still run
that motor is brand new still
      10-05-2019, 06:01 AM   #17
disintegrator66
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 340i M-Sport 6MT THP MPPSK

Quote:
dude, get a dash cam! this same thing happen to me 2 weeks ago, I have full recording on the dash cam, the other guy blamed me for it when he completely cut me off and side swiped my front end. I submitted this video to my insurance company, 2 days later, they closed the case, 100% the other guy's fault.

Pic of the after math, my car is already completely fixed now.
What a DB..... glad you had the cam. That guy deserves a beat down...
Appreciate 1
Zanity731.00
      10-05-2019, 05:10 PM   #18
esoj37
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT

That sucks, sorry dude.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 03:15 PM   #19
SL_F36
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoj37 View Post
That sucks, sorry dude.
Good news everyone.
Although the car was totaled i won at the end.
Geico paid back the tax money i paid when i signed the car (about $2k).
The settlement amount was priced higher than the car value that BMW asked for. And guess what?!
BMW paid back 10K back in cash!!!
I was also able to sign same model car 2019 BMW 440ix gc white with red leather, m sports package, 19 inch wheel, m adaptive suspension @ even lower monthly payment! The new car is $1000 dollar (msrp) more expansive than the old one.
I was paying 505 for the car i got into accident and now im paying $463!

Cant be happier how this turned out to be.
Be positive everyone!
Love you all