F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Bm3 and catless readiness monitors
Studio RSR

01-22-2021, 12:40 PM   #1
parch8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: %E2%80%9816 340i xdrive alpine

Bm3 and catless readiness monitors

Good afternoon everyone, was hoping someone had any ideas on something my friend is experiencing that we are trying to figure out. He has a 340i same as I do we both have catless vrsf downpipe and bm3 stage 2 tune. In MA we are allowed one monitoring system to be "not ready" when we get an inspection sticker, he is a mechanic so he's been checking his before he brings it to a station to be checked and he is getting the o2 sensor (due to catless ) as not ready as well as his fuel sensor and he's been driving for a week or two on the tune He thought the fuel sensor might be due to the car readjusting to the new tune but now after time he's thinking it could be related to being tuned or the downpipe. Anyone have any insight on this or could he just need to drive more before it clears? Appreciate all the advice as always we are both still learning about modding and tunes We expect we might night to flash back to stock and put an o2 sensor in but wanted to see if there was any other info on it first! Thanks again everyone!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 12:27 PM   #2
mike082802
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by parch8 View Post
Good afternoon everyone, was hoping someone had any ideas on something my friend is experiencing that we are trying to figure out. He has a 340i same as I do we both have catless vrsf downpipe and bm3 stage 2 tune. In MA we are allowed one monitoring system to be "not ready" when we get an inspection sticker, he is a mechanic so he's been checking his before he brings it to a station to be checked and he is getting the o2 sensor (due to catless ) as not ready as well as his fuel sensor and he's been driving for a week or two on the tune He thought the fuel sensor might be due to the car readjusting to the new tune but now after time he's thinking it could be related to being tuned or the downpipe. Anyone have any insight on this or could he just need to drive more before it clears? Appreciate all the advice as always we are both still learning about modding and tunes We expect we might night to flash back to stock and put an o2 sensor in but wanted to see if there was any other info on it first! Thanks again everyone!
any updates? my fuel system is not ready either and i am in NY and allowed 1 monitor not ready and was going to be my 02 but cannot get the fuel system to be ready.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 12:34 PM   #3
parch8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: %E2%80%9816 340i xdrive alpine

Never seemed to change but we both passed inspection without issue somehow so you should be fine depending where you go
Appreciate 0