F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > MG flasher - mobile App for B58 Fxx/Gxx tuning -- NOW LIVE!!!
Studio RSR

03-14-2019, 07:06 PM   #111
TorqueAddict
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 340i - 335D

Wow! Can't wait to try! - Downloading the app now.
JR Auto tune and Bohl Diesel Downpipe - KWv2 coils - Apex Racing 18" EC7 wheels wrapped in Michelin PSS 245/275 F/R - Zimmerman cross drilled rotors F/R with Hawk HPS pads - SS brake lines - Motul RBF 600 - ADD W1 oil catch can - BMW performance CF spoiler
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 09:33 PM   #112
Dwhoz
Rep
Drives: F30 340i xdrive m sport

Just wanted to post to let everyone know: JR has been extremely responsive and helpful during the beta testing, and the results have been absolutely true to word. I've flashed two cars, and it is exactly as easy as they have portrayed it. I'm scheduled for some dyno runs soon with both of my 6sp manual 340i xdrive, and based on the butt dyno, I fully anticipate we will be replicating the numbers JR has been advertising. This might be the easiest, smoothest experience I've ever had and highly recommend the tune. On dragy, with one car completely stock, I'm seeing sub 4.1 second 0-60 times, and in the other car with only bms intake installed, sub 4s.,
Appreciate 4
chenry2346.00
bmc34016.50
      03-15-2019, 04:33 AM   #113
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
Oh man I had 3 or 4 cables lying around and since I no longer owned an E series BMW I threw them all out.

Of the 2 recommended sellers for the THOR, one is out of stock and the other does not ship to Australia.

I am so keen on unleashing the B58 but will have to impatiently wait until I can order in the THOR!

An ENET cable will not work?

Does anyone know where else I can buy THOR and have it shipped to Australia for a reasonable shipping fee. I saw ECS and Turner have it in stock but shipping was $45.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 09:54 AM   #114
bmc340
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5mad View Post
Oh man I had 3 or 4 cables lying around and since I no longer owned an E series BMW I threw them all out.

Of the 2 recommended sellers for the THOR, one is out of stock and the other does not ship to Australia.

I am so keen on unleashing the B58 but will have to impatiently wait until I can order in the THOR!

Does anyone know where else I can buy THOR and have it shipped to Australia for a reasonable shipping fee. I saw ECS and Turner have it in stock but shipping was $45.
"K+DCAN cable – it is strongly recommended to use cable/USB connection for the first unlock
flashing procedure – WiFi connection may by not stable in the areas where signal is overloaded
with other WiFi signals"

That's from the user manual. There's a link to the cable needed, in the user manual found on their app.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 10:12 AM   #115
Jarek@JRAuto
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: G20 340i

Quote:

We have Thor and K+D-Can cable is stock, please contact us at support@mgflasher.com with your shipping address information.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 06:02 PM   #116
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmc340 View Post
Quote:

"K+DCAN cable – it is strongly recommended to use cable/USB connection for the first unlock
flashing procedure – WiFi connection may by not stable in the areas where signal is overloaded
with other WiFi signals"

That's from the user manual. There's a link to the cable needed, in the user manual found on their app.
I've read the pros and cons of both incl that snippet. I don't have wifi signal problems or overload where I live so my preference of the wifi module should be ok.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 06:09 PM   #117
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarek@JRAuto View Post
Quote:

We have Thor and K+D-Can cable is stock, please contact us at support@mgflasher.com with your shipping address information.
Message sent!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 11:05 AM   #118
David0ff
Combined Applications Group
Canada
Rep
Drives: Lada Scrapus Trofeo R

Flashed Stage 2 93 Octane!
2018 340xi 6speed
Stock hardware, no MSPPK

Unlock ~ 45 mins
Flash ~1-2 mins
Used cable in picture

Coming from a JB+ "tune" this is definitely night and day.
Smooth, strong and consistent.
No throttle closures when shifting
Feels like factory but on steroids
Still messing around with the burbles.
Certainly car is still adapting.

Day 0 - ~25kms, 0 arrests, lots of smiles

Great stuff
Attached Images

bmc34016.50
      03-16-2019, 06:11 PM   #119
David0ff
Canada
Rep

Day 0 ~ 250 Kms into the tune, 4th to redline
This car is no joke
Attached Images

03-16-2019, 07:24 PM   #120
GT500R
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by David0ff View Post
Flashed Stage 2 93 Octane!
2018 340xi 6speed
Stock hardware, no MSPPK

Unlock ~ 45 mins
Flash ~1-2 mins
Used cable in picture

Coming from a JB+ "tune" this is definitely night and day.
Smooth, strong and consistent.
No throttle closures when shifting
Feels like factory but on steroids
Still messing around with the burbles.
Certainly car is still adapting.

Day 0 - ~25kms, 0 arrests, lots of smiles

Great stuff
Good stuff, but why 45 min to unlock? I thought it would be consistent for all ECU’s (I.e. 2 minutes)
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 08:06 PM   #121
David0ff
Canada
Rep

Unlock is ~45
The flashing is ~2
      03-17-2019, 03:19 AM   #122
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
I only skimmed over the literature but did it also say that locking the DME would also take 40+ minutes?

For peace of mind I would be locking it whenever the car goes in for a service or for any kind of warranty work.

Pain in the ass but I guess for me much more preferable than removing a piggyback every time the car goes in.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 08:33 PM   #123
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I only skimmed over the literature but did it also say that locking the DME would also take 40+ minutes?

For peace of mind I would be locking it whenever the car goes in for a service or for any kind of warranty work.

Pain in the ass but I guess for me much more preferable than removing a piggyback every time the car goes in.
You don't have to lock your ECU going for the service and then unlock it again - there is no chance dealer will see your ECU was modified when the ECU is unlocked (you will increase flashing counter when you lock it back)
Simple flash back to stock 1 min 30 sec is complete solution. You may even go with your tuning (OTS map) flashed since the CVN number is the same but leaving the display calibration different then stock or cold start delete will be suspicious.
So again: when going for service just hit button "Flash stock" short flashing 1 min 30 sec - done! Then flash OTS map back - same short flash.
Appreciate 2
David0ff1055.00
bmc34016.50
      03-17-2019, 09:14 PM   #124
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

You don't have to lock your ECU going for the service and then unlock it again - there is no chance dealer will see your ECU was modified when the ECU is unlocked (you will increase flashing counter when you lock it back)
Simple flash back to stock 1 min 30 sec is complete solution. You may even go with your tuning (OTS map) flashed since the CVN number is the same but leaving the display calibration different then stock or cold start delete will be suspicious.
So again: when going for service just hit button "Flash stock" short flashing 1 min 30 sec - done! Then flash OTS map back - same short flash.
Thanks for the reply.

So is there any reason to lock the ECU then?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 09:54 PM   #125
B58togo
Major
Rep
Drives: M240i

Are we ever going to see some Stage 3 numbers?
      03-18-2019, 06:47 AM   #126
InstigatorX
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i GC xDrive

Quote:
Quote:

Does this imply that the flash counter does NOT increment with a stage flash? Only with a lock/unlock of the ECU?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 10:28 AM   #127
Thomas340
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i, 335i, Subaru Wrx Sti

I would like to share my experience for MG Flasher with an EU-car with MPPSK.
3 weeks ago I flashed stage 1 (ron98) in beta phase, I had some issues saying 'license not available' on my mobile but Jarek was quick and solved remotely. The car feels very powerful, power delivery is really smooth, gauges show corrected numbers in KW and NM, Jarek is doing a great Job!

@Jarek: My greates wish is a map such as stage 2 that cuts torque to ~550NM in the midrange to prevent torque intervention but powers up to ~440hp. Do you have any plans on that?

Cheers from Switzerland,
Thomas
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 04:29 PM   #128
AddictedTo///M
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M340i xDrive

How soon for iOs? Can't wait to jump on this bandwagon!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 04:37 PM   #129
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstigatorX View Post
Does this imply that the flash counter does NOT increment with a stage flash? Only with a lock/unlock of the ECU?
You can flash as many times as you want anything available in main Flashing screen: stock, OTS maps, custom maps without changing the flashing counter or CVN number.
Only recovery full backup\uninstall MG flasher and lock ECU back will increment counter but this is only needed in special situations.

I understand and apologize it was not clear in the User Manual which is updated now on the main MG Flasher website.

Last edited by Jarek@JRAuto; 03-18-2019 at 04:53 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2019, 04:50 PM   #130
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas340 View Post
I would like to share my experience for MG Flasher with an EU-car with MPPSK.
3 weeks ago I flashed stage 1 (ron98) in beta phase, I had some issues saying 'license not available' on my mobile but Jarek was quick and solved remotely. The car feels very powerful, power delivery is really smooth, gauges show corrected numbers in KW and NM, Jarek is doing a great Job!

@Jarek: My greates wish is a map such as stage 2 that cuts torque to ~550NM in the midrange to prevent torque intervention but powers up to ~440hp. Do you have any plans on that?

Cheers from Switzerland,
Thomas
@thomas340 Thank you so much for your feedback.
I can prepare custom stage file as per your request for you to test! Lets do that!
Appreciate 1
David0ff1055.00
      03-18-2019, 05:13 PM   #131
David0ff
Canada
Rep

Jarek Customer service = A++
Tune Results = A++

#1 Guy.. would flash again lol
      03-18-2019, 06:25 PM   #132
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Well that was a waste of time. Sent you an email, waited few days and then to be told shipping to Australia was too much. Couldn't you have just told me here or via pm?

Sorry about the rant but going in circles is a pet peeve.
Appreciate 0