F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Exhaust flaps unnormally opening
GetBMWParts

01-20-2024, 05:20 PM   #1
Kaidenditch
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 340i Xdrive

Exhaust flaps unnormally opening

Hey all, I have a manual 17 340i with the MPPSK, bm3 stage 2. Normally when I start the car even with gts roar, the exhaust flaps stay closed until the rpm’s drops I live in Michigan and it has been colder than normal the last few weeks and every now and again the car starts up (in comfort) the exhaust flaps are open and stay open until I switch to sport and back to comfort. My question is, is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is there a way to allow me to start it like this normally while in sport? Because after it does this, it switches back and can be used as intended. Any insight appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 10:59 AM   #2
BaconDouble
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 19 F34 340i xDrive GranTurismo

I have BM3, GTS roar on and set the flaps to operate like OEM (which I believe is only when in Sport mode).

For cold starts, my flap is closed. I don't think I've ever had my flap open in a cold start situation based on my settings since my car starts itself in "comfort" all the time.

Maybe my settings are different than yours or maybe something is hanging up the flap (ice on the lever/motor) so that it is not opening properly?
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2024, 03:45 PM   #3
Kaidenditch
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 340i Xdrive

This was my thought as well since it hasn’t done it since and only when it was below 0 here. It’s been working fine so for now I’m just going to see what happens I think
Appreciate 0