F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 340i mppsk 2018 installed
Extreme Powerhouse

01-26-2019, 04:49 AM   #23
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

Shame really.
I had mine done in Germany and they had no clue as well. It took them 3 days instead of 3 hours as initially planned. They also had no idea initially that there is software involved and that engine power is being increased.

But BMW are to blame for all of that. Lack of training, lack of awareness and on top -
BMW München have NO HOTLINE for authorised workshops!! They were exchanging service tickets and emails 3 days long instead of clarifying everything over the phone with a subject matter expert!! 21st Century! I found it embarrassing.
      01-28-2019, 11:42 AM   #24
Avodka14
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i M Sport

You all need to report these issues to BMW. That is unnecessary and very negligent for BMW dealerships to do such careless work. Maybe they need to send their techs to a weekend course on how to install the MPPSK.

Glad to hear you all resolved the issue and it was only minor.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 12:01 PM   #25
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

You are right, however I don't think it matters to BMW anymore. They probably wouldn't invest a cent into training related to an outgoing product.
F3x ModelYear 2019 and onwards are not compatible with MPPSK due to OPF. On top come the EU legislation which now prohibits products like the MPPSK due to noise emissions. New MPPSK installations are currently not possible/legal to be registered in Germany. (One reason why I had mine installed and registered earlier than originally planned, before the legislation is adopted by other countries).
      03-03-2019, 08:36 AM   #26
Avodka14
Rep

So, the burning question:

Do I wait for warranty to end and do different power mods? Or, go with the MPPSK now, because it is worth it (considering warranty is not affected)?
      03-03-2019, 12:00 PM   #27
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

Different opinions around here and it all depends on what you are after.

I would always go for MPPSK which is perfectly safe and worth every penny + you don't need to worry about the warranty.

If you however want to squeeze out every little drop of that engine at any cost - go for something else.
      03-03-2019, 03:35 PM   #28
Ahmed Abdullatif
Private
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avodka14 View Post
So, the burning question:

Do I wait for warranty to end and do different power mods? Or, go with the MPPSK now, because it is worth it (considering warranty is not affected)?
I have the mppsk and believe me its worth every penny as skyhigh says, it is just a great mod and you will never use the sound system again
Appreciate 2
Beek707.00
      03-03-2019, 09:06 PM   #29
Avodka14
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed Abdullatif View Post
I have the mppsk and believe me its worth every penny as skyhigh says, it is just a great mod and you will never use the sound system again
Thanks for the feedback. I may go that route, be finished with engine mods and get an M car next time. Love the 340i, for now 😀.
Appreciate 0