F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > H&R Sport Vs. DINAN
ARMA SPEED

02-08-2019, 02:08 PM   #23
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDSF31 View Post
Slicer - Really like the Melbourne Red

I'm pretty sure in Australia no one has their 330i F31 in this colour (haven't seen one), purely not many aussies buy 330i touring fresh from factory as it would cost $90K+, compared to $70K off the showroom with pre packaged options. X Drive is not an option either

I've noticed your tyres are 18" non run flats and larger profiles - Is this because you may consider track days ? Does the run flat indicator constantly light up ?
I'm sorry, I just saw your post. My tires are the factory profile. F31 comes with 255/40/18 rear tires. I simply went to 255/40/18 on all 4 corners. Run flats have very stiff sidewalls and don't offer as good of ride quality and performance as non-run flat tires. My car came with the track handling package - which deletes the run flat tires. I don't plan to track the car.

Are you confusing the low pressure indicator with a "run flat"? Low pressure occurs if your tire has a puncture and loses pressure. Run flats allow you to continue to drive without air pressure. Otherwise a run flat versus non-run flat tire is normally operating at the same pressure. There is no such thing as a "run flat indicator". There is a low pressure indicator but, again, that will only illuminate if the sensor detect low pressure. it doesn't care whether you have run flats or not.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M

Last edited by slicer; 09-16-2019 at 11:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 10:03 AM   #24
cyuan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 340ix, BMW e39 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDSF31 View Post
Slicer - Really like the Melbourne Red

I'm pretty sure in Australia no one has their 330i F31 in this colour (haven't seen one), purely not many aussies buy 330i touring fresh from factory as it would cost $90K+, compared to $70K off the showroom with pre packaged options. X Drive is not an option either

I've noticed your tyres are 18" non run flats and larger profiles - Is this because you may consider track days ? Does the run flat indicator constantly light up ?
Hey, sorry for bringing back this old post but on the off chance you still see this, curious if you were using stock shocks/struts or ones meant for lowering springs?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 12:39 PM   #25
Herakles
Captain
Rep
Drives: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSectorA View Post
I have the Dinan springs, bump stops and sway bars. Wouldn't go back, car is more compliant and better planted than stock. If you ask me me the sways have as much to do for the improved ride than the springs but can't confirm as I had both done at the same time.
I didn't install dinan bump stops on my e90 xi when I did my dinan springs and bilsteins - wonder if this is why it feels pretty bouncy ?
Appreciate 0