F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Interior rear view mirror compatibility - from G30 to F30
GetBMWParts

11-03-2020, 10:26 AM   #23
SniPro
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
Question to all of you who have the so called frameless mirror for F3x....

I received mine, but I notice a vertical line just left of the centreline...
On some photos I found online, the same line is recognisable.....
Could you please confirm whether this is a standard "feature"!? Looks odd!! t is more visible under particular angle and in bright conditions.

Here a photo of another unit from the internet:
I don't have such line on my mirror.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2020, 10:28 AM   #24
Skyhigh
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

I got in touch with the author of the video above and he confirmed he has never seen that line on his....

Let's hope I get a better one now. Ordered a second one. Will report.
      11-09-2020, 11:49 AM   #25
Skyhigh
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Got the new mirror today. Precisely the same as the first... can't tell which one is worse or better.

I suspected manufacturing batch may explain it, as both are dated 25/06/19, but so is the one from the video above, which does not seem to suffer and the author confirmed no visible or at least noticeable line...
      11-10-2020, 11:30 AM   #26
MSlv
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 318i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibbit View Post
Something to note, if you car has the original KAFAS camera installed for high-beam assistant, it'll disable the system. Unfortunately there's no way to make it work because the first generation KAFAS camera has a printed circuit board soldered inside the your current mirror to make the system function. If you're ok with disabling the high-beam assistant, or if your car wasn't equipped with the camera, then it'll work.

If your car is equipped with the KAFAS2 camera system, the mirror should be plug and play with no coding required.
Damn, so this is the compatibility issue that the dealer told me needs to be checked. There goes any hope of installing this mirror. I have 2018 F30 and it has the HBA with KAFAS, no way I will give this up for a new mirror... So now it's decided, I will get the illuminated door sills instead.

edit: actually I don't think I have KAFAS, I have only HBA so it's actually FLA?

Last edited by MSlv; 11-10-2020 at 11:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 08:57 AM   #27
SniPro
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSlv View Post
Damn, so this is the compatibility issue that the dealer told me needs to be checked. There goes any hope of installing this mirror. I have 2018 F30 and it has the HBA with KAFAS, no way I will give this up for a new mirror... So now it's decided, I will get the illuminated door sills instead.

edit: actually I don't think I have KAFAS, I have only HBA so it's actually FLA?
FLA (far light assistant) requires a rearview mirror to be equipped with a video camera. Do your current mirror has a built-in camera?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 05:34 PM   #28
Skyhigh
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
Got the new mirror today. Precisely the same as the first... can't tell which one is worse or better.

I suspected manufacturing batch may explain it, as both are dated 25/06/19, but so is the one from the video above, which does not seem to suffer and the author confirmed no visible or at least noticeable line...
Update:
Got a third mirror. Same as the 2 before. The dealer inspected the rest of the stock and found the same line. The matter got escalated up the chain all the way to the quality department in Munich.
Response: "The line in the glass is normal and the customer has to live with that. All such mirrors have this line"

That's it.... a take it or leave it deal. Thank you BMW. Great quality assurance on this.
      12-16-2020, 04:16 PM   #29
MSlv
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 318i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniPro View Post
FLA (far light assistant) requires a rearview mirror to be equipped with a video camera. Do your current mirror has a built-in camera?
Yes, I have the rearview mirror with the integrated camera for FLA.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 09:17 AM   #30
pepe_luco
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 320i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrupix View Post
If you need much details on this, I can send you some pics to show you better what I mean.
I know its a while back, but are you still able to share details on the how and what on this matter?
Appreciate 0