F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Need some help
GetBMWParts

11-19-2020, 08:05 PM   #1
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 435i M-sport

Need some help

I'm in the process of replacing some damaged/worn stock control arms on my 2014 435i. Recently I installed a set of 437M wheels and love the look and feel. Was going to get oem LCA but with recent research I'm considering M4/M3 LCA's but most of the threads I'm reading talk about using the stock wheels. I do not plan to lower my car at all because IMO its low enough. Is anyone running these upgraded LCA with or with out the TS?? My concern is the negative camber will interfere with the 437m wheels since there is a large offset compared to stock wheels. Also, should I do both the LCA and the TS?? any feedback is greatly appreciated!
Edit QUOTE
      11-19-2020, 11:12 PM   #2
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchi435i View Post
I'm in the process of replacing some damaged/worn stock control arms on my 2014 435i. Recently I installed a set of 437M wheels and love the look and feel. Was going to get oem LCA but with recent research I'm considering M4/M3 LCA's but most of the threads I'm reading talk about using the stock wheels. I do not plan to lower my car at all because IMO its low enough. Is anyone running these upgraded LCA with or with out the TS?? My concern is the negative camber will interfere with the 437m wheels since there is a large offset compared to stock wheels. Also, should I do both the LCA and the TS?? any feedback is greatly appreciated!
Edit QUOTE
I would post this in the suspension section, lots of knowledgeable people there who dont come over here much, and i think you'll have much better luck with an answer.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=460
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 05:48 AM   #3
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
I would post this in the suspension section, lots of knowledgeable people there who dont come over here much, and i think you'll have much better luck with an answer.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=460
Yeah I posted there as well. Just figured I increase my chances of somone knowing more about it. But after sleeping on it I think I'll just keep everything stock since that money saved could go towards the ethanol analyzer.

Thanks for the reply
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 10:18 AM   #4
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchi435i View Post
Yeah I posted there as well. Just figured I increase my chances of somone knowing more about it. But after sleeping on it I think I'll just keep everything stock since that money saved could go towards the ethanol analyzer.

Thanks for the reply
I am also an advocate for stock Msport suspension so i am right there with you

Maybe look into Dinan shockware if you want to change things up a bit without making any hardware changes or lowering the car. I have considered it on and off but haven't pulled the trigger.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 10:45 AM   #5
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
I am also an advocate for stock Msport suspension so i am right there with you

Maybe look into Dinan shockware if you want to change things up a bit without making any hardware changes or lowering the car. I have considered it on and off but haven't pulled the trigger.
Sadly my car did not come with DHP which to my knowledge is needed for Dinan Shockware.

I've been very happy with the stock suspension setup and only figured to upgrade functionality without compromising ride comfort. I know for certain I do not want to lower the car and will just pull the trigger on the oem control arms for the time being.

Thanks again
Appreciate 0