F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Code 120208 120408
GetBMWParts

07-06-2017, 07:16 AM   #1
CTNYCLurk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335 FBO

Code 120208 120408

Hello, I've got the following two codes
120208 Charging pressure control; plausibility Pressure too high
120408 Charging pressure control; Switch-off as consequence

I've thrown a new wastegate pressure converter in the car, but still have the code, it was weird. I've also checked and replaced two vacuum hoses with silicon hosing. I get a drivetrain malfunction around 80 MPH driving on the highway and its basically decreased throttle response, and with the replacement of the new part, it now kicks in around 100 on the highway.

I was reading the action in service below, and it says replace charging pressure sensor. My question is, which pressure sensor is in question from the two pics below, is it the one mounted on the intake manifold, or the one mounted on the chargepipe? I see they are the same part number anyway

Can anyone provide some insight

Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 01:47 PM   #2
Felipillo
Registered
Rep
Drives: 135i

Question

Hello, the one on the intake manifold reads atmospheric pressure as soon you turn your key into ON position and the other one measures the turbo pressure, it is very unlikely to fail. i will switch them the one on the intake manifold with the one on the pipe as they have the same part number. it should give you a different DTC.

let me know what happend. cheers
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2017, 08:15 AM   #3
CTNYCLurk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335 FBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipillo View Post
Hello, the one on the intake manifold reads atmospheric pressure as soon you turn your key into ON position and the other one measures the turbo pressure, it is very unlikely to fail. i will switch them the one on the intake manifold with the one on the pipe as they have the same part number. it should give you a different DTC.

let me know what happend. cheers
ended up being a totally separate issue, a bent wastegate actuator rod. got that fixed and car is running strong now
Appreciate 1
pamfi0.00
      11-15-2017, 02:28 PM   #4
Felipillo
Registered
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTNYCLurk View Post
ended up being a totally separate issue, a bent wastegate actuator rod. got that fixed and car is running strong now
Nice to hear.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 12:37 AM   #5
pamfi
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i

Hello, I have the same problem with a BMW 328i, can you give me more details on troubleshooting?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2023, 07:38 PM   #6
SlumsToMills
Rep
Drives: 2013 M Sport 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTNYCLurk View Post
I'm having the same codes as you and same symtpoms.
How did figure out it was a bent wastegate actuator rod, how did you fix it and how much was the cost?

Some people are saying it requires taking out the turbo to replace it?
Appreciate 0