F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N47 and N57 Turbodiesel Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Latest / Greatest Tune
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-19-2020, 08:19 AM   #45
swissarmyknife
New Member
5
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 328xd Wagon
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: CA, USA

iTrader: (0)

The Kerma tuner arrived on Tue and I sent the stock file and got the tuned file back the same day. Yesterday I went out to do a test run before the tune and another after to have some sort of comparison and I was left with a big grin on my face.

Disclaimer: I used the native app from my OBDLink MX bluetooth adapter to take the two runs. The conditions between the runs were identical, meaning no temp change or other environmental condition that could impact the result, however the road I tested on is not 100% flat but for both runs I used the same stretch of road. The times therefore will not be real representations of a track based run, but offer at least a comparison. Also I did not use any launch control techniques and simply let the brake go and stomped on the accelerator until I reached a point on the road where I had to slow down again.


First run, stock:
Name:  Screenshot_20200318-170903.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  133.8 KB

Second run, Kerma tune Stage 1:
Name:  Screenshot_20200318-173657.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  134.0 KB

Now the next question, can I manage to actually get better gas mileage out of it. I'll have to resist the urges to stomp on it, but we will see.
__________________
2014 328xd Sport Wagon, all stock, 45MPG
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, EGR delete, 43MPG
2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel, tuned, 24MPG

Last edited by swissarmyknife; 03-19-2020 at 08:25 AM..
Appreciate 2
FaRKle!1981.50
Enabled286.00

      03-19-2020, 12:11 PM   #46
Enabled
Captain
286
Rep
785
Posts

Drives: 328xd Wagon, M2 Competition
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

That is awesome, especially for a wagon!
__________________
-2014 328d Wagon 2WD, 8HP flash, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs.
-2019 M2 Competition, Alpine White. Self-tuned 530hp
Others:
-E36 328is. 2000 Z3 Roady. 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual. Estoril Z3M Coupe.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 03:03 PM   #47
n00bkiller944
Second Lieutenant
67
Rep
293
Posts

Drives: '14 328d M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Richmond, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enabled View Post
That is awesome, especially for a wagon!
Agreed. I want to get my Kerma tuned 328d dynoed to see what it shows
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 03:29 PM   #48
Enabled
Captain
286
Rep
785
Posts

Drives: 328xd Wagon, M2 Competition
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bkiller944 View Post
Agreed. I want to get my Kerma tuned 328d dynoed to see what it shows
Sedan? RWD?

Keep in mind 6th gear is limited down a bit by a hard transmission software limiter in stock transmission flash, so use 5th or 7th gear for actual engine numbers.
__________________
-2014 328d Wagon 2WD, 8HP flash, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs.
-2019 M2 Competition, Alpine White. Self-tuned 530hp
Others:
-E36 328is. 2000 Z3 Roady. 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual. Estoril Z3M Coupe.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 03:31 PM   #49
EricD735i
Private
United_States
21
Rep
76
Posts

Drives: ‘16 328d & ‘16 X3 28d
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Minneapolis transplant

iTrader: (1)

I’ve had my Kerma tune for a couple of months now, here’s my quick review. Mine’s a ‘16 so I had to send the ECU in - sent on Monday and had it back Wed afternoon. I really like the tune, swiss’s numbers confirm my butt dyno. The car feels much torquier but what gets me is the smoothness. It’s so much smoother than the factory tune, just torque everywhere. If you’re looking for a “vtec just kicked in yo” feeling this ain’t it, but it will quickly get you into triple digits if you’re not paying attention. If anything mileage is up a few tenths on the dash readout. My wife has an X3d and it feels very laggy and down on power compared to my car. Definitely recommend if you have an N47 car.
Appreciate 1
haagm58781.00

      03-19-2020, 08:05 PM   #50
swissarmyknife
New Member
5
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 328xd Wagon
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: CA, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enabled View Post
That is awesome, especially for a wagon!
I was astonished too. I love diesels!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by EricD735i View Post
I’ve had my Kerma tune for a couple of months now, here’s my quick review. Mine’s a ‘16 so I had to send the ECU in - sent on Monday and had it back Wed afternoon. I really like the tune, swiss’s numbers confirm my butt dyno. The car feels much torquier but what gets me is the smoothness. It’s so much smoother than the factory tune, just torque everywhere. If you’re looking for a “vtec just kicked in yo” feeling this ain’t it, but it will quickly get you into triple digits if you’re not paying attention. If anything mileage is up a few tenths on the dash readout. My wife has an X3d and it feels very laggy and down on power compared to my car. Definitely recommend if you have an N47 car.
What mode do you usually run in when you see the slight MPG increase. Just curious. Most of my driving is commuting here in the SF bay area and traffic usually is difficult in a spirited manner so I use predominantly the ECO mode.
__________________
2014 328xd Sport Wagon, all stock, 45MPG
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, EGR delete, 43MPG
2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel, tuned, 24MPG
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2020, 11:21 PM   #51
EricD735i
Private
United_States
21
Rep
76
Posts

Drives: ‘16 328d & ‘16 X3 28d
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Minneapolis transplant

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissarmyknife View Post
What mode do you usually run in when you see the slight MPG increase. Just curious. Most of my driving is commuting here in the SF bay area and traffic usually is difficult in a spirited manner so I use predominantly the ECO mode.
I’m in comfort 99% of the time.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 12:11 PM   #52
n00bkiller944
Second Lieutenant
67
Rep
293
Posts

Drives: '14 328d M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Richmond, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enabled View Post
Sedan? RWD?

Keep in mind 6th gear is limited down a bit by a hard transmission software limiter in stock transmission flash, so use 5th or 7th gear for actual engine numbers.
Yep, Sedan, RWD
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2020, 12:45 PM   #53
Thormus
New Member
United_States
3
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: 2016 Bmw 328d x-drive m sport
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Meridian/ID

iTrader: (0)

What do you guys think about kerma tune with xdelete? 2016 328xd post lci
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2020, 02:39 PM   #54
Enabled
Captain
286
Rep
785
Posts

Drives: 328xd Wagon, M2 Competition
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thormus View Post
What do you guys think about kerma tune with xdelete? 2016 328xd post lci
The tune won't affect or interfere with xdelete.



xdelete itself is a really screwy way to get rwd, as the rest of the car still believes it is awd, especially the DSC system, which will expect awd as active when it tries to make certain corrections.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2020, 05:05 PM   #55
FaRKle!
Colonel
United_States
1982
Rep
2,387
Posts

Drives: '17 328d Wagon, '21 M2 Comp
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thormus View Post
What do you guys think about kerma tune with xdelete? 2016 328xd post lci
I'm running the KermaTDI tune and RWD mode myself right now. It's not too difficult to get the rear end to step out with DSC off to have fun if you want. Aside from that, that combo isn't terribly different than with xDrive. There are plenty of RWD 328d F30s with the KermaTDI tune.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 03:03 AM   #56
Namusuu
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: 2015 F30 318d
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Finland

iTrader: (0)

My tune:

View post on imgur.com


I especially like that gearbox works better now. Also the power is decent now. Injectors are restricting the power.

Last edited by Namusuu; 11-06-2020 at 03:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST