F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Tire Spec Recommendations for Vorsteiner VFF-103's
Extreme Powerhouse
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-04-2020, 08:25 PM   #1
tortega
New Member
United_States
12
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: 2015 335i
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Orange County

iTrader: (0)

Tire Spec Recommendations for Vorsteiner VFF-103's

Hi all,

I currently have Vorsteiner VFF-103's on my 2015 335i in the following (lowered on ST Coilovers):

Front: 19x8.5 +30 - 245/35r19
Rear: 19x10 +45 - 275/30r19

I am due for new tires and am looking to run a bit meatier of a setup. Any recommendation's on tire sizes would be greatly appreciated! If it helps, I will be wrapping the wheels in Yokohama ADVAN Apex v601's.

Much appreciated!

Here's how she currently sits
Attached Images
 
__________________
2015 F30 335i | M-Sport | ZF 8-Spd | Vorsteiner | ST Suspensions
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 08:54 PM   #2
alohasurftoad
Colonel
United_States
1668
Rep
2,921
Posts

Drives: 428i gran coupe
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: hawaii

iTrader: (0)

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=23

235/40/19, 265/35/19. advan apex v601 are available in these sizes
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 10:42 AM   #3
tortega
New Member
United_States
12
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: 2015 335i
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Orange County

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohasurftoad View Post
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=23

235/40/19, 265/35/19. advan apex v601 are available in these sizes

Thank you!!

Whats your opinion on my current tire sizes based on my initial photo attached? The more I stare at it, the more Im wondering if the front sits nice, but maybe upping just the rears a tad (275/35?).

I just dont want the look where the front tire looks meatier than the rear, Id rather the opposite.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 11:48 AM   #4
alohasurftoad
Colonel
United_States
1668
Rep
2,921
Posts

Drives: 428i gran coupe
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: hawaii

iTrader: (0)

i think 275/35/19 will be a bit too tall and wide and rub the rear fenderwell lip. i'd just change the rear to 265/35/19 and leave the front at 245/35/19.
Appreciate 1
J555209.00

      11-05-2020, 11:54 AM   #5
exE36M3
BMW CCA Member
exE36M3's Avatar
360
Rep
688
Posts

Drives: 2015 435i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (4)

I went to a bigger height tire for that "meatier" look... per Aloha above...
235/40/19, 265/35/19

The biggest caveat with this is that the tire is .4" and 5" bigger overall in diameter, so you have to watch the offset. If you don't have a camber kit, the tire may/will rub the fender as it can't arc/articulate into the wheel well as nicely. I'm running an ET40 in the rear, which doesn't rub under load (people/luggage in car), but the ET32 in the front (flush with fender) rubs with hard turns or bumps. I may push the offset 5mm-10mm so the wheel can tuck into the wheel well (as camber plates are rattling my brains silly).





Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 06:15 PM   #6
BEM-S4
Major General
BEM-S4's Avatar
United_States
4252
Rep
8,783
Posts

Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (3)

225x45x19 for a slight stretch on my square 19" 105s...
Attached Images
  
__________________
2016 F23 M235 xDrive Convertible Dinan Stage 2 AA IC Apex EC-7 MPE
2016 F31 328 xDrive Sport Wagon Dinan Stage 1 Vorsteiner V-FF 105 BBK 34 Hours 35 Minutes NY to LA
2006 E46 330ci ZHP Convertible Apex ARC-8
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 06:33 PM   #7
tortega
New Member
United_States
12
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: 2015 335i
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Orange County

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohasurftoad View Post
i think 275/35/19 will be a bit too tall and wide and rub the rear fenderwell lip. i'd just change the rear to 265/35/19 and leave the front at 245/35/19.
I think this is exactly what I'm going to end up doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exE36M3 View Post
I went to a bigger height tire for that "meatier" look... per Aloha above...
235/40/19, 265/35/19

The biggest caveat with this is that the tire is .4" and 5" bigger overall in diameter, so you have to watch the offset. If you don't have a camber kit, the tire may/will rub the fender as it can't arc/articulate into the wheel well as nicely. I'm running an ET40 in the rear, which doesn't rub under load (people/luggage in car), but the ET32 in the front (flush with fender) rubs with hard turns or bumps. I may push the offset 5mm-10mm so the wheel can tuck into the wheel well (as camber plates are rattling my brains silly).





Great insight - much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
225x45x19 for a slight stretch on my square 19" 105s...
Thank you for your input!


I'm going to go with 245/35/19s in the front and 265/35/19s in the rear.

Thanks again for the help! I'll post a finished photo once they're installed. May have to adjust the rear coilovers a bit as well. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.
__________________
2015 F30 335i | M-Sport | ZF 8-Spd | Vorsteiner | ST Suspensions
Appreciate 1
      11-05-2020, 08:40 PM   #8
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
Gen13 F36's Avatar
United_States
1414
Rep
3,486
Posts

Drives: 428i Gran Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortega View Post
I think this is exactly what I'm going to end up doing.



Great insight - much appreciated.



Thank you for your input!


I'm going to go with 245/35/19s in the front and 265/35/19s in the rear.

Thanks again for the help! I'll post a finished photo once they're installed. May have to adjust the rear coilovers a bit as well. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.
That's what I'm running

What i hate so much is that not so many tires available at 265 35 19

But good setup

Maybe 245/40 19 and 275/35 19. I'm thinking about as my next set of tires size

Last edited by Gen13 F36; 11-05-2020 at 08:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 07:18 AM   #9
J555
Second Lieutenant
209
Rep
261
Posts

Drives: F31 LCI 340iX
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen13 F36 View Post
Maybe 245/40 19 and 275/35 19. I'm thinking about as my next set of tires size
My summer setup. A good way to go, if you are fine to trade off a bit of turn-in and braking sharpness for more comfort, rim protection, and better grip. In my experience, each extra 0.1" of sidewall really does miracles in terms of comfort for daily driving.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 11:54 AM   #10
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
Gen13 F36's Avatar
United_States
1414
Rep
3,486
Posts

Drives: 428i Gran Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J555 View Post
My summer setup. A good way to go, if you are fine to trade off a bit of turn-in and braking sharpness for more comfort, rim protection, and better grip. In my experience, each extra 0.1" of sidewall really does miracles in terms of comfort for daily driving.
It's a street car. I'm willing to give up some for comfort especially if there are more variety of tires available on particular size.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST