F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > COVID Vaccine
proTUNING Freaks
View Poll Results: Will you have the jab?
Yes 191 87.61%
No 27 12.39%
Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

08-05-2021, 06:22 PM   #2047
Grogu
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malone View Post
Well, I refer you back to my post just above - I was referring to terrible media reporting - but as you’ve said you’ve had covid and opted for jabs, wanting to see your child grow up -I can only presume you’ve not taken the decision lightly, having researched the types of jabs available, gathered an understanding of how they work in the body and appreciate that they’ve not undergone a standard full human trial, so there’s no data on medium to long term effects - say 3 years onwards…
After doing all of this, you decided the vaccine is for you and that’s your choice. It would be quite insane to imagine millions of people being jabbed having not done their own research…
I love this. Wtf did you know about any other vaccine you’ve ever taken? I knew nothing, betting 99% plus were the sane until recently.

I’d rather have a vaccine developed quickly in 2020 than one slowly in 1970. Get a grip.
Appreciate 2
rokut398.00
      08-06-2021, 04:14 AM   #2048
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobiggens View Post
CajunBMW,
Your intelligent, articulate, explain-it-to-me-like-I'm-five responses have made me change my mind about not getting the vaccine. I now have an appointment to get the first jab. I caught Covid 19 in August last year and thought that was good enough.

Thank you.
That's brilliant to read. CajunBMW has been educating us since the original deleted thread kicked off in Jan 2020. Countless numbers of us have learnt things and taken the right protective actions over the last 18+ months thanks to him.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 2
      08-06-2021, 04:15 AM   #2049
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grogu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malone View Post
Well, I refer you back to my post just above - I was referring to terrible media reporting - but as you’ve said you’ve had covid and opted for jabs, wanting to see your child grow up -I can only presume you’ve not taken the decision lightly, having researched the types of jabs available, gathered an understanding of how they work in the body and appreciate that they’ve not undergone a standard full human trial, so there’s no data on medium to long term effects - say 3 years onwards…
After doing all of this, you decided the vaccine is for you and that’s your choice. It would be quite insane to imagine millions of people being jabbed having not done their own research…
I love this. Wtf did you know about any other vaccine you’ve ever taken? I knew nothing, betting 99% plus were the sane until recently.

I’d rather have a vaccine developed quickly in 2020 than one slowly in 1970. Get a grip.
I did wonder why the TB jab needle had to be quite so large , but maybe others took a deeper approach to the many vaccines they've taken over their lives

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 04:42 AM   #2050
PeakyJ
Enthusiast
England
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post
I did wonder why the TB jab needle had to be quite so large , but maybe others took a deeper approach to the many vaccines they've taken over their lives
The TB jab leaves a scar that’s visible 30 years later, But I can’t see where I had my recent COVID Jab.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 08:33 AM   #2051
SantaEugence
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 330d xDrive Auto

48 hours after having 1st jab of Moderna. Feel like I've gone through all cold and flu symptoms at some point. Headache, runny nose, fatigue and last night was feverish sweaty achy etc woke up this morning with a banging headache but now I feel fine (50 hour mark). Was really worried it might ruin my weekend for a while there. Slightly concerned that people say the second jab is the worst one for Moderna…
Appreciate 1
sspade2463.00
      08-06-2021, 09:10 AM   #2052
Beancounter_74
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: M140i F20, 449i F33

I had the AZ and was rough like you after the first, but showed no effects from the second.
They just seems to react differently to different people.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 09:23 AM   #2053
Nibbles
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 Series

T'wife is just coming out the other side of catching the delta variant. Seems to have been like a heavy cold/mild winter flu that's left her a little tired. We're both double jabbed. I've avoided it so far according to the tests or I was asymptomatic and never knew I had it prior to her coming down with it.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 09:42 AM   #2054
jimbobiggens
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

Garage List
I got jabbed after work yesterday. Today I have all the usual side effects. Silly me, I should have done this tonight so I wouldn't have to work feeling this way today. (I'm the only guy in IT today and can't go home) Yay!
      08-06-2021, 10:15 AM   #2055
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaEugence View Post
48 hours after having 1st jab of Moderna. Feel like I've gone through all cold and flu symptoms at some point. Headache, runny nose, fatigue and last night was feverish sweaty achy etc woke up this morning with a banging headache but now I feel fine (50 hour mark). Was really worried it might ruin my weekend for a while there. Slightly concerned that people say the second jab is the worst one for Moderna…
My sister had the Moderna, felt not too bad after first and like crap after 2nd. I had AZ and felt tired after the 1st and nothing after the 2nd!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 10:53 AM   #2056
Nibbles
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58_f32 View Post
What was you saying
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-unjabbed.html

You double vaxed can stop this moral highground where your blaming single vaxed or non vaxed people for spreading. This article and others show something diff.
I have nothing against this vaccine. It has saved lives in the short term.
A few friends have reported issues no young man wants. They only had these issues after the vaccine.

With this data SAGE and boris dont have a leg to stand on with thier vaccine passports for clubs etc. Hoping it gets rejected in parliament vote
So on one hand we have Cajun who's job it is to know about this stuff after a lifetime of study, stating vaccinations help stop the spread and will help us get life back to normal. On the other we have you quoting a Daily Fail article.
Appreciate 1
      08-06-2021, 10:58 AM   #2057
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibbles View Post
Quote:
What was you saying

You double vaxed can stop this moral highground where your blaming single vaxed or non vaxed people for spreading. This article and others show something diff.
A few friends have reported issues no young man wants. They only had these issues after the vaccine.

With this data SAGE and boris dont have a leg to stand on with thier vaccine passports for clubs etc. Hoping it gets rejected in parliament vote
So on one hand we have Cajun who's job it is to know about this stuff after a lifetime of study, stating vaccinations help stop the spread and will help us get life back to normal. On the other we have you quoting a Daily Fail article.
And some mates with issues that no young man wants, don't forget. Strange they all hang around with B58, you'd think if these issues were common in the wider population they'd be well known.

Appreciate 1
Nibbles853.00
      08-06-2021, 11:08 AM   #2058
Nibbles
Captain
Rep

Still my favourite meme from Cov19 times that sum this up.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
JD64259.00
Wills28647.00
KRS_SN13380.50
rokut398.00
MattRST109.50
      08-06-2021, 12:27 PM   #2059
SantaEugence
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 330d xDrive Auto

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What was you saying

And some mates with issues that no young man wants, don't forget. Strange they all hang around with B58, you'd think if these issues were common in the wider population they'd be well known.
In fairness the Daily Fail is quoting official figures which suggest viral load is the same in vaccinated and un-vaccinated?
How about discussing the facts rather than jumping on the anti-vax bandwagon, after all responses like these only harden the line they don't educate.
Undeniable though, the vaccine has clearly significantly reduced deaths and severe complications. However perhaps this is a bit of a blow for the 'curb the freedoms of the unvaccinated' crew.

Perhaps one of our medical professionals could offer an expert opinion?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 12:56 PM   #2060
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What was you saying

In fairness the Daily Fail is quoting official figures which suggest viral load is the same in vaccinated and un-vaccinated?
How about discussing the facts rather than jumping on the anti-vax bandwagon, after all responses like these only harden the line they don't educate.
Undeniable though, the vaccine has clearly significantly reduced deaths and severe complications. However perhaps this is a bit of a blow for the 'curb the freedoms of the unvaccinated' crew.

I was simply discussing the alleged mates mentioned in the post.

The viral load point is interesting, albeit needs discussing in the context of the reduced numbers of infections thanks to the vaccine. If everyone had been scared to get vaccinated then there would be an awful lot more people shedding viral load everywhere. In fact we would all still be locked down and B58 would be raging against the lack of freedom that he's not prepared to take positive steps to retain.

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 01:05 PM   #2061
Nibbles
Captain
Rep

Quote:

It's leading with a headline it knows will fuel peoples justification for not getting vaccinated then hidden in the text it has quotes that say

"This may have implications for people's infectiousness, whether they have been vaccinated or not.
However, this is early exploratory analysis and further targeted studies are needed to confirm whether this is the case."

That paper is a shit-filled cesspit and should never be cited as anything but.
Appreciate 2
rokut398.00
      08-06-2021, 01:09 PM   #2062
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

Quote:
Still my favourite meme from Cov19 times that sum this up.
That sadly is how it is these days!!
Appreciate 1
DougMcL787.00
      08-06-2021, 01:56 PM   #2063
PeakyJ
Enthusiast
England
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobiggens View Post
I got jabbed after work yesterday. Today I have all the usual side effects. Silly me, I should have done this tonight so I wouldn't have to work feeling this way today. (I'm the only guy in IT today and can't go home) Yay!
Yes I strategically had mine when I knew I could take the next day off. I’ll do the same with the second jab, even though all I got was a sore arm with the first.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 08:00 PM   #2064
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

So these different papers and articles all look at different things and thus it can be hard to know what the data means. As I saw for this article (only looked briefly) and a similar one about a July 4th outbreak in Provencetown, Massachusetts, they only measured viral genomes in the nose. This gives you a value of a measure of viral genomes but not whether the virus is alive. In these studies they did see mostly similar levels of virus in the nose. Now they don't know the level of truly live virus or how easy it might get out in vaccinated vs unvaccinated (how infectious a vaccinated is vs an unvaccinated person), nor does this tell you how long someone sheds.

There are many supportive studies on less infection, less shedding and less disease. A new real world study from the UK with something like 100K folks. It came out in the news today I think. Or at least I saw it today. Briefly the data showed in a real life setting that the vaccinated were a lot less likely to be infected — maybe 50% or so less likely to be infected then unvaccinated people. They also noted that the infected and vaccinated shed less virus than the unvaccinated. I did not look up the raw data, just read the news article. This of course also goes with being less sick and not dying. I believe real world data from other studies in other countries all show the same thing. This is all to be expected and hopefully holds true for all the new variants that may pop up.

Cheers,
Appreciate 8
Hartside266.50
isleaiw18741.00
DougMcL787.00
TimMcC502.50
      08-08-2021, 01:39 PM   #2065
DougMcL
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 40e, Honda Jazz Hybrid

Quote:
What was you saying

Quoting the Daily Mail is hardly scientific I'm afraid. I dread reading your posts as you come across as an opinionated, xenophobic individual. And a lot of what you post is clearly misinformed and misinformation. For what it's worth, if you don't get vaccinated, given all the current scientific information, then yes, you are a knob. End of.

Oh and it's "What were you saying" not "What was you saying"

I spent a lot of time looking after ventilated patients in ICU last week in their thirties. They were all vaccine deniers. QED.
Appreciate 1
rokut398.00
Closed Thread