F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > MG flasher - mobile App for B58 Fxx/Gxx tuning -- NOW LIVE!!!
proTUNING Freaks

11-04-2018, 10:37 AM   #45
BP340
Rep
Drives: 2018 340

Stage 1

Just to verify, the stage one tune would not require me to flash the transmission? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 09:30 AM   #46
marcthedark
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i xdrive Convertible

Any news/developments (either on the flash itself or on the iOS app or pricing or ....)
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 09:35 PM   #47
Jarek@JRAuto
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: G20 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP340 View Post
Just to verify, the stage one tune would not require me to flash the transmission? Thanks.
Yes, this would be correct. Transmission tuning is not absolutely necessary with Stage 1 software.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 09:38 PM   #48
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthedark View Post
Any news/developments (either on the flash itself or on the iOS app or pricing or ....)
Thank you for your continued interest! By the end of the week we will be posting some updates on a date of release and will be following up with some of your other general inquiries in the original post!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 08:21 AM   #49
marcthedark
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i xdrive Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarek@JRAuto View Post
Thank you for your continued interest! By the end of the week we will be posting some updates on a date of release and will be following up with some of your other general inquiries in the original post!
Perfect timing for Black Friday/ Cyber Monday
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2018, 02:53 PM   #50
BLACK HAWK DOWN
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16' AW 340i xDrive

Garage List
Updates?
      11-23-2018, 06:56 PM   #51
BLACK HAWK DOWN
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayf30 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIRCLING THE DRAIN View Post
Updates?
I just flashed mine (Stage 2)

Had some hiccups but everything seems to be in working order. Unfortunately all I did was flash it and leave it parked. It's raining as well so I won't really be able to enjoy it until it stops raining.

Alex stuck by closely to make sure my hiccups were no longer an issue. Extremely happy with the customer service!
This is a JR Auto tune thread. This is what you got?
      11-23-2018, 06:59 PM   #52
Jayf30
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '18 X3 M40i Dark Graphite Cogn

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Updates?

Had some hiccups but everything seems to be in working order. Unfortunately all I did was flash it and leave it parked. It's raining as well so I won't really be able to enjoy it until it stops raining.

Alex stuck by closely to make sure my hiccups were no longer an issue. Extremely happy with the customer service!
Oops!

I don't know how the hell I got here *facepalm*

Sorry, ignore everything!
      11-23-2018, 07:39 PM   #53
BLACK HAWK DOWN
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Updates?

Oops!

I don't know how the hell I got here *facepalm*

Sorry, ignore everything!
LOL
      11-28-2018, 05:59 PM   #54
TiffanyatSouthMotors
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: %E2%80%9812 Moonstone Metallic

Any updates??
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 08:56 PM   #55
RTPenland
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Many BMWs

I get building hype pre-launch - getting potential buyers to keep their money in their wallets vs spending with a competitor because you have something coming - but after 6 weeks of nothingness - credibility can get shot to shit - a failed launch can really hurt and six weeks of making the forum wait does not speak well to marketing tactics or a product in general

now none of this may pertain to this tune...just speaking in general terms - that said - It seems commitments have been made in terms of updates etc... and they have slipped without re setting potential customers expectations or explanation

Last edited by RTPenland; 11-28-2018 at 09:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 11:46 AM   #56
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTPenland View Post
I get building hype pre-launch - getting potential buyers to keep their money in their wallets vs spending with a competitor because you have something coming - but after 6 weeks of nothingness - credibility can get shot to shit - a failed launch can really hurt and six weeks of making the forum wait does not speak well to marketing tactics or a product in general

now none of this may pertain to this tune...just speaking in general terms - that said - It seems commitments have been made in terms of updates etc... and they have slipped without re setting potential customers expectations or explanation
We can definitely understand where you are coming from here and we want to apologize for the lack of activity in this thread. We have been working in the background, buttoning up everything on the application end to ensure a process that is both smooth and error free for you all. We do appreciate your input and will use it to better ourselves in the future. We have been tirelessly working on this project day in and day out and we want to make it clear that the lack of activity in this thread is not a reflection of the work going on behind the scenes.
Appreciate 1
nikman011174.50
      11-30-2018, 01:14 AM   #57
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Garage List
Can we get an ETA and estimated price?

[url=https://www.deutschespeed.com/threads/the-bimmerpost-refugee-thread.561/]Car[/url]
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 11:00 PM   #58
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

As promised, here is an insider outlook at MG Flasher putting in some hard work. It has taken us an outrageous time to build and develop. We are at final testing stages of delivering a top notch and safe product. Quick and easy Wifi flashing procedure – there are a few processes running in the background, so the flashing time it shows in this video is a little bit longer than it actually would be. Hold it tight guys - you won't be disappointed" – estimated release is January 2019.

Appreciate 1
      11-30-2018, 11:06 PM   #59
TorqueAddict
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 340i - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarek@JRAuto View Post
As promised, here is an insider outlook at MG Flasher putting in some hard work. It has taken us an outrageous time to build and develop. We are at final testing stages of delivering a top notch and safe product. Quick and easy Wifi flashing procedure – there are a few processes running in the background, so the flashing time it shows in this video is a little bit longer than it actually would be. Hold it tight guys - you won't be disappointed" – estimated release is January 2019.

Looks promising! hopefully it will be out sooner than later!
JR Auto tune and Bohl Diesel Downpipe - KWv2 coils - Apex Racing 18" EC7 wheels wrapped in Michelin PSS 245/275 F/R - Zimmerman cross drilled rotors F/R with Hawk HPS pads - SS brake lines - Motul RBF 600 - ADD W1 oil catch can - BMW performance CF spoiler
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 01:21 AM   #60
kriszty
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: B58 M240ix pureturbo800 dorch1

why is this kind of flash better or the same then a custom flash tune, what happens if for example map 1 is not perfect, can you adjust settings like a custom tuner would do ?, my last car was also custom tuned but it tooks 4 adjustments before the car was running fine
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 05:25 PM   #61
madking187
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Can your tune be integrated with JB4?

As you know most people are having their cars equipped with JB4,
ex: if I would like to use your flash with BMS map7 (WMI map)??

Usually BMS deal with MHD for these integrations and MHD are willing to release their tune in early 2019 as they said.

You may be an alternative option for those who are willing to stack their JB4 with a flash tune.

Appreciate if you can reply me and thank you for your efforts
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 05:17 PM   #62
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriszty View Post
why is this kind of flash better or the same then a custom flash tune, what happens if for example map 1 is not perfect, can you adjust settings like a custom tuner would do ?, my last car was also custom tuned but it tooks 4 adjustments before the car was running fine
We take great pride in our work and we work on the philosophy of leaving no stone unturned. We have troubleshooted our test cars through many different scenarios and are very confident with the finished products that will be available soon. Regardless of how much time and effort we have put in to our products, there is always a chance that the customer will have some questions or need help through troubleshooting a potential issue. We have an integrated data logging application within our flashing tool that allows the user to log their drive sessions and forward this information to us, where we can review the log and assess your current situation. Our number one priority is delivering you an end product that exceeds your expectations. Please also consider that the tunes available through our flasher are OTS (Off the Shelf) classified files prepared by us. We are definitely open to helping our customers if they express any concerns throughout their tuning experience via the OTS files.
Appreciate 1
David0ff1055.00
      12-05-2018, 05:18 PM   #63
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by madking187 View Post
Can your tune be integrated with JB4?

As you know most people are having their cars equipped with JB4,
ex: if I would like to use your flash with BMS map7 (WMI map)??

Usually BMS deal with MHD for these integrations and MHD are willing to release their tune in early 2019 as they said.

You may be an alternative option for those who are willing to stack their JB4 with a flash tune.

Appreciate if you can reply me and thank you for your efforts
Thank you very much for your interest! As of right now, we would like to tread very carefully through any additional add-ons supplementing our software. Running the JB4 unit in series with our tuning software is not recommended and has not been tested, nor are there any future plans to do so. We have precisely created our software through the recalibration of factory maps based off of countless hours of research and development. These maps output targets based off of references from the various sensors and actuators fitted to your engine. Under the pretense that JB4 is a plug and play solution which can skew the output/readings of these sensors and actuators we cannot with any sort of confidence recommend running our software and using any plug and play solution in tandem (including but not limited to JB4s hardware). Any sort of additional support you require for add-ons such as WMI can be offered through us as well through custom tuning.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2019, 02:39 PM   #64
Acheron83
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i

Garage List
2018 BMW X3 M40i  [0.00]
2016 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Still alive?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 11:51 AM   #65
BLACK HAWK DOWN
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
JR Auto.......anybody home?
      01-06-2019, 12:36 PM   #66
B58togo
Major
Rep
Drives: M240i

They estimated a release date of January 2019. Let's all relax for the next 25 days or so. I highly doubt they're sitting on new developments or a finished product just to piss off the impatient ones.