F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Rattling sound from windshield!!!!!
Extreme Powerhouse

10-26-2019, 11:44 AM   #1
Keylem
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 335

Rattling sound from windshield!!!!!

I got the ratting sound from the windshield, it sound like some metal vibration.

Some times happen, and sometimes will gone when the car bumps, Please help.

Here is the link:

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 10:02 PM   #2
natesi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30

Can't hear anything.

I can't hear a rattle inthe vid.. But check your grab handle, right by your head. Mine rattles sometimes too. TONS OF RATTLES IN THIS CAR!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 10:09 PM   #3
AndDown
Just Copacetic!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F22 230i MSport

I think it's that bobble toy attached to the air vent, lol
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 05:04 AM   #4
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

That's the sound of your turn indicators. Most BMW Drivers never use...that's why they never hear them.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 07:25 AM   #5
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

It's not the windshield. Tracking it down can take forever. My previous car developed a rattle that drove me nuts for months. It seemed to be coming from the dash, it turned out to be a short piece of one of the coil springs had broken off and wrapped around the strut.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 10:34 AM   #6
Keylem
Hong Kong
Rep

Because the rattling sound sometimes will gone..... I think it's something loose.....
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 11:24 AM   #7
MmmmmM2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2016 Mazda CX-5  [0.00]
2021 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by natesi View Post
I can't hear a rattle inthe vid.. But check your grab handle, right by your head. Mine rattles sometimes too. TONS OF RATTLES IN THIS CAR!!!!!!
This. I just took mine in for a rattle, picked it up because they said it was fixed, and 20 minutes after driving it, the rattle came back!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 02:35 PM   #8
IAmATeaf
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 335i

Garage List
2015 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I had most of mine fixed but the entertainment display sometime creaks and my drivers side door lock nipple also rattled when I take a hard left.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 10:25 PM   #9
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
I believe i have the same issue and it drives me crazy, but I dont have a solution. I took to bmw and rhey added some insulation under headsup display, that didnt work. I think its some rubber pieces being loose under the hood near the dash, but cant confirm. I may try to doubleside tape them down
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 10:56 AM   #10
Keylem
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
I believe i have the same issue and it drives me crazy, but I dont have a solution. I took to bmw and rhey added some insulation under headsup display, that didnt work. I think its some rubber pieces being loose under the hood near the dash, but cant confirm. I may try to doubleside tape them down
Yes, this drive me crazy too!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 10:58 AM   #11
Keylem
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
I have open the hook and remove the plastic cover to check the screw.... All was fixed, still don't know when the loose metal sound come from
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 09:02 PM   #12
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keylem View Post
Quote:
I have open the hook and remove the plastic cover to check the screw.... All was fixed, still don't know when the loose metal sound come from
I dont follow you. Are you saying that what you did seems to have fixed the issue? If so what specifically was the fix?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 02:17 AM   #13
IAmATeaf
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 335i

Garage List
2015 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
The dealer knew about the issue and added a double layer on mine but it still creaks but only when going over bumps so I just now put up with it.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 05:48 AM   #14
Keylem
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I dont follow you. Are you saying that what you did seems to have fixed the issue? If so what specifically was the fix?
Can't fix the issues......
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 05:49 AM   #15
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
Quote:
The dealer knew about the issue and added a double layer on mine but it still creaks but only when going over bumps so I just now put up with it.
Can you please describe which part they put the double layer on? I assume this means double layer of tape? Or does it mean double layer of insulation? Or a thicker rubber piece?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 06:05 PM   #16
Bavarianborn
Canada
Rep
Drives: '14 328 Xi Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
That's the sound of your turn indicators. Most BMW Drivers never use...that's why they never hear them.
Quote:
Quote:
I believe I have the same problem.
Try using your windshield wipers and see if the sound goes away while they are in use. Believe I read somewhere it's the wipers.

Let me know
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 07:05 AM   #17
Keylem
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarianborn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I believe I have the same problem.
Try using your windshield wipers and see if the sound goes away while they are in use. Believe I read somewhere it's the wipers.

Let me know
Try but doesn't fix....
Appreciate 0