F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > iDrive and actual DRIVING issue (random shut off)
proTUNING Freaks

07-16-2018, 11:34 AM   #1
RuskiE39
Running Late
Rep
Drives: E70d, F30, F82, 100 LC

iDrive and actual DRIVING issue (random shut off)

Hey All,

I have 2 seperate issues that i’m looking for feedback on.

Vehicle: 2015 335i auto @ 26K miles.

The first:
Me and the wife commute to work together, so we both have our phones paired to the car. Usually when I get into the car the music from my iPhones playlist plays automatically. When I unlock my phone and open iHeart Radio to start a podcast, it cuts off audio. Nothing will make it play until I turn off the bluetooth and re-sync. I have to do this every time - it is VERY annoying. We didn’t have this problem with our Mercedes.

The second:
Over the weekend we stopped to get gas before heading out to the beach on a trip. We filled up, turned the car over, wife put it into drive, we moved forward about 5 feet and then the car completely randomly just SHUT OFF. No power, nothing. Re-started the car and it drove just fine - and no issues since then. I’m covered under warranty for quite some time so i’m wondering if this is something I should take in to have looked at or what may have happened?
      07-16-2018, 12:33 PM   #2
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport 6MT+RWD

Garage List
For your first issue, do other apps run/play music fine through bluetooth? It may be due to a phone or app update. Example - the iPhone Podcast app used to work great until a year or so ago when they changed the Podcast app (IMO, with a less user-friendly UI). After connecting my phone to the car through USB and playing a podcast, I have to re-plug in the phone for the vehicle to recognize what's playing and allow me to skip songs, etc. through the my HUD. And recently, I no longer see the list of recent calls on my HUD anymore unless I make a call while the car is running... not sure when this happened but I'm sure it was after an iOS update.

For your second issue, I'd go in an speak to an advisor about it. They may take your key and read it on their system and see what happened as your key keeps a track of events on your car. Based on if they see anything, you can make a decision if you want a tech to look at the car itself to further diagnose.