F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Windows not closing fully - using ISTA to initialise
GetBMWParts

05-12-2021, 07:29 AM   #1
gippy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 440i, pre-LCI, w/MPPSK

Windows not closing fully - using ISTA to initialise

whilst installing an MMI box there was an instance where i forgot to disconnect the battery....
i used ISTA (For the first time!) to clear the fault code i had, so very happy with that.
Unfortunately my windows don't want to go fully all the way down.
I ran the Initialise procedure in ISTA - it cycled the windows all the way down, and up, twice. So i thought, great, job done.

but then when i wind the window down, it won't go all the way down - a little bit sticks out. If i press the down button again, The window goes down fully, but then pops back up to where it was - slightly sticking out.
Same issue with passenger door.

why is it not remembering the positions from the initialisation procedure?

there's no fault codes showing at all, everything is green. What else do i need to do in ISTA to get the windows to remember?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 08:52 AM   #2
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

You could try again to initialise but without ISTA.

Necessary preliminary work:
Vehicle stationary
Sufficient battery voltage available / connect charger if necessary
Terminal ”15” switched on
All doors closed

Operating procedure for initialisation (manual):
Deleting the initialisation:
Move side window into lower end position.
Press and hold switch in ”Open one-touch function” position (second switch position) for between 15 and 25 seconds.
Note:
Deletion of initialisation was successful if toll function and anti-trap mechanism have been rendered inoperative.

Performing initialisation:
Move side window to upper end position
Pull and hold switch in ”Close one-touch function” (2nd switch position) during the entire process.
Note:
Re-initialisation was successful if toll function and anti-trap mechanism function flawlessly.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 11:11 AM   #3
gippy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 440i, pre-LCI, w/MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by atzebmw View Post
You could try again to initialise but without ISTA.

Necessary preliminary work:
Vehicle stationary
Sufficient battery voltage available / connect charger if necessary
Terminal ”15” switched on
All doors closed

Operating procedure for initialisation (manual):
Deleting the initialisation:
Move side window into lower end position.
Press and hold switch in ”Open one-touch function” position (second switch position) for between 15 and 25 seconds.
Note:
Deletion of initialisation was successful if toll function and anti-trap mechanism have been rendered inoperative.

Performing initialisation:
Move side window to upper end position
Pull and hold switch in ”Close one-touch function” (2nd switch position) during the entire process.
Note:
Re-initialisation was successful if toll function and anti-trap mechanism function flawlessly.
thanks, i noticed the initiliasation procedure was in ISTA in the Help side of the screen!.. the same as above but for my car it was between 15 and 20 seconds.
Anyway......didn't work.
I got it to delete the initialisation, which i could confirm as the one-touch operation wouldn't work.

Then i performed the initialisation - that's all fine, but then when i brought the window back down again with the one-touch, it went fully down....then popped back up slightly.

If I *don't* perform the initialisation - it works when going down, with the one-touch....the window fully winds down, with the one-touch press.
The moment I initialise the window with the up movement - i then get the problem again, unless i manually go down.

Last edited by gippy; 05-12-2021 at 11:19 AM..
Appreciate 0