F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > NYS Inspection at the Dealership
ARMA SPEED

01-18-2021, 07:25 PM   #1
jayc7
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW F30

NYS Inspection at the Dealership

Anyone have any experience getting their inspection at a dealership, mainly BMW of Manhattan? Just got an email offer for a free inspection and mine just happens to be due this month. The shop I always go to temporarily closed so I'm stuck with either going to a new shop or the dealership. My main question is will the dealership give my trouble for mods? I know it'll pass emissions, but it also has an aftermarket intake, FMIC, DEPO headlights and an M-Sport conversion.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 06:48 PM   #2
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "24 X6M60i / "21 m340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayc7 View Post
Anyone have any experience getting their inspection at a dealership, mainly BMW of Manhattan? Just got an email offer for a free inspection and mine just happens to be due this month. The shop I always go to temporarily closed so I'm stuck with either going to a new shop or the dealership. My main question is will the dealership give my trouble for mods? I know it'll pass emissions, but it also has an aftermarket intake, FMIC, DEPO headlights and an M-Sport conversion.
I bought my 340i m sport from them and had it inspected there. They were pretty good. But Then I also had no modification done to the car. From what I gather. I suspect inspection is make sure the car meet NY state proper mechanical running order and emission standard. Hopefully it will pass with the aftermarket intake. Keep us posted if you can
__________________________________________________ __________
2017 X6 5.0 MSport, Carbon Black Metallic w/ black leather. All options except vented seats and B/O sound system. AKA the Tumbler
2018 340i MSport Xdrive sedan. Glacier Silver w/Oyster. All options except active cruise control and window shades. AKA Airstream
*On order 2021 M304i xdrive. Tanzanite Blue with W/Oyster. All options except M suspension, Driver Assistance Professional Package, Cooling and High Performance Tire package. No Nickname as of yet
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 02:25 PM   #3
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

dealerships offer free inspection in the hopes of finding issues with your car so they can make money. best place to get an inspection is like a jiffy lube since they can only sell you wipers..That said, ive had my 335 inspected by the dealer without issue up until stupid NYS passed the law that window tint is a part of the inspection.
      01-31-2021, 01:54 PM   #4
Spiro G
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i xdrive

Unless your mods trigger "not ready", you won't have an issue. One thing a dealer will be a pain about is tints if you have.