F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Turn off rear pdc when in D
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-24-2021, 01:26 PM   #1
VeErik
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: BMW 320i 2014
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Lightbulb Turn off rear pdc when in D

Hi all,

I got an aftermarket front and rear camera on my bmw 320i, f31 2014.
They are connected to my aftermarket carplay/android auto mmi unit from andream (other topics say it is the same as the bimmertech mmi unit, except the software)
They both work fine, but have the following question I want to code.
At the moment when putting my car in "R" the rear camera switches on. When putting it back in "D" I need to go a certain speed to switch to the front camera.
But for parallel parking I want it to switch immediatly if possible . (Or at a speed lower than 5kph, which is the minimum I can set in bimmercode)
Does anyone know how to program this with bimmercode? I assume it is in expert mode, but don't know where to search.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 04:32 PM   #2
larrylarry
Private First Class
147
Rep
128
Posts

Drives: F30
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Maybe FDL code this
REM/PMA V_SCHWELLE_2 werte = FF werte = 0F The speed when it auto disables rear camera view (FF = 255 km/h)









Use your mirrors like a man?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 05:31 PM   #3
VeErik
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: BMW 320i 2014
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

I'm a noob in this coding.
I do can find the V_SCHWELLE_2 in bimmercode how do you know what it means? What does it set?
You say 0F and later FF, is this a certain speed, and if so FF = 225 KPH, 0F =?

Lol, yeah I could use my mirrors like a man. But I also like gadgets, so therefore I have em. And it's cheap if you install it yourself.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 05:34 PM   #4
VeErik
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: BMW 320i 2014
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

That V_SCHWELLE_2 is the camera I see when googling this. Any idea which one is the pdc? As the camera is talking with the mmi unit...it ain't OEM.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 06:06 PM   #5
larrylarry
Private First Class
147
Rep
128
Posts

Drives: F30
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

I guess I'm confused. You want the front camera or the beeps/radar from the PDC? I uploaded a quick guide for what most people code that has been passed around here for a couple of years. Maybe a combination of vehicle in motion settings can get you want you want.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf F30_Coding_Reference_Guide_v1.7.pdf (260.8 KB, 20 views)
Appreciate 1
mahe0.00

      01-24-2021, 06:08 PM   #6
VeErik
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: BMW 320i 2014
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

I want the rear camera/rear pdc to be turned off as fast as possible when changed to D
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 08:19 PM   #7
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
Billfitz's Avatar
United_States
4825
Rep
10,669
Posts

Drives: '15 328iX GT
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

I'm curious why. I know that the speed and distance can be increased from default, but I don't think it can be decreased.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 03:49 AM   #8
VeErik
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: BMW 320i 2014
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Why:
When I parallel park, and switch from R to D, I want to see the distance in front of me to the car in front.
If it doesn't switch to this front camera because I don't catch enough speed...which I never will atm...the camera actualy has no use. This is the main reason I got this camera for.
Maybe I have to program the bmw thinks I have a front camera?!? I would assume if you have a OEM camera it switches immediatly for the purpose I mentioned above?

Edit: just searched and found a youtube video the OEM switches immediatly.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 06:26 AM   #9
SerTan
Private
SerTan's Avatar
24
Rep
81
Posts

Drives: BMW 320i M Sport F34
Join Date: May 2015
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

I have original iDrive and retrofit front and bk camera as soon as i change from R to D camera switches from back to front. Before camras fitted if i go from R to D screen would go to idrive what ever was on before R was engaded. And it happens instantly. Maybe you need to ask ppl u bought your android unit from for changing this or even from Developer mode in settings once unlocked. Settings, About, tap Build number/version 7 times. Look for any settings there.

But from bimmercode:


You right 5kpm for switch to happen or 10m distance is the min threshold.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 06:34 AM   #10
SerTan
Private
SerTan's Avatar
24
Rep
81
Posts

Drives: BMW 320i M Sport F34
Join Date: May 2015
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Just to add i did not have to add any extra coding, plug and play again as you said my unit seems the same like you have.

Did you connect both positive wires from back and front to the wire that comes from aftermarket supplied harness? And make sure you plugged front to front and not to 360
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 12:45 PM   #11
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
Billfitz's Avatar
United_States
4825
Rep
10,669
Posts

Drives: '15 328iX GT
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeErik View Post
Why:
When I parallel park, and switch from R to D, I want to see the distance in front of me to the car in front.
The reason I asked is that when my OEM rear camera is active my PDC sensors are active both front and rear. If I had a front camera I wouldn't need it anyway, I set my distance warning for a constant tone at 30 cm.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 02:58 PM   #12
VeErik
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: BMW 320i 2014
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylarry View Post
Maybe FDL code this
REM/PMA V_SCHWELLE_2 werte = FF werte = 0F The speed when it auto disables rear camera view (FF = 255 km/h)









Use your mirrors like a man?
Tried 0F, did not work
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 03:02 PM   #13
VeErik
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: BMW 320i 2014
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerTan View Post
Just to add i did not have to add any extra coding, plug and play again as you said my unit seems the same like you have.

Did you connect both positive wires from back and front to the wire that comes from aftermarket supplied harness? And make sure you plugged front to front and not to 360
Both correct video input.
The positive is not assigned for both cameras. 1 is specific for the rear cam. The other one is a "General" 12V+ from the mmi unit.
I think it is something in the unit itself...but cannot find it in the settings, might be in the developer settings if there are any...
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 03:03 PM   #14
VeErik
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: BMW 320i 2014
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
The reason I asked is that when my OEM rear camera is active my PDC sensors are active both front and rear. If I had a front camera I wouldn't need it anyway, I set my distance warning for a constant tone at 30 cm.
Don't have front pdc...so that's why the camera
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 08:04 AM   #15
Siki78
Private
9
Rep
60
Posts

Drives: F30
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

Something like this
__________________
Successfully retrofit on BMW F30 335xi 248,302,3AG,430,5AG,5AS,6NS,8TH
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2021, 09:26 AM   #16
VeErik
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: BMW 320i 2014
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siki78 View Post
Something like this
That is exactly what I want. Immediatly switch to the front camera without any speed.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 05:21 AM   #17
Siki78
Private
9
Rep
60
Posts

Drives: F30
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

That mmi was from aliexpress and it is just for rear and front view camera. I think it is not coding it is because of mmi
__________________
Successfully retrofit on BMW F30 335xi 248,302,3AG,430,5AG,5AS,6NS,8TH
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
pdc threshold speed distance

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST