F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Happy freedom day
ARMA SPEED

07-19-2021, 04:04 PM   #67
Pentland
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i (G42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
as can creating an argument over one word. Irony at its best...
You are beginning to sound like someone who was banned not so long ago who twisted words and topics. Most of your posts are constructive and helpful. Don’t go down the same road. FYI, I wasn’t arguing so you’ve got that wrong.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 04:09 PM   #68
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentland View Post
You are beginning to sound like someone who was banned not so long ago who twisted words and topics. Most of your posts are constructive and helpful. Don’t go down the same road. FYI, I wasn’t arguing so you’ve got that wrong.
I do try to be constructive, it just felt a bit like an unnecessary thing to single out, the world is full of numpties at various times and over various things, no doubt including me at some times....

In my opinion, there has been enough evidence to prove relaxing the rules will lead to numtyish behaviour by some. Lets hope its the minority (assuming the Chief Scientific Officer has worked out his majority and minority now )

Have a good eve. I'm going to get ready for 3 days off!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 04:51 PM   #69
Wolverine
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F36 420D GC M-Sport

This was a local nightclub which opened at midnight this morning.

Quite strange really seeing something like this immediately on relaxing the restrictions, given what's happened over the last 18 months. Don't get me wrong, I'm very much in the "now or not at all" group when it comes to my opinions on opening up. I just found it odd that people would be so ready to gather like this almost immediately. As has been mentioned, it's environments like this that are perhaps contributing to the increased prevalence we're all hearing about and clearly the people pictured are comfortable with that.

My workplace is ensuring we keep wearing a face mask if we cannot social distance, in spite of the relaxation of the rules, for business continuity reasons.

I am interested to see how many places similarly request the continuation of previous behaviour. Having just come back from a weekend at Center Parcs, it was interesting to see the split of "maskers" to "non-maskers" this morning, even within families or groups.

Whatever else, it'll make a really interesting thesis for someone one day…
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 05:01 PM   #70
G50
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post

Quite strange really seeing something like this immediately on relaxing the restrictions, given what's happened over the last 18 months. Don't get me wrong, I'm very much in the "now or not at all" group when it comes to my opinions on opening up. I just found it odd that people would be so ready to gather like this almost immediately. As has been mentioned, it's environments like this that are perhaps contributing to the increased prevalence we're all hearing about and clearly the people pictured are comfortable with that.

My workplace is ensuring we keep wearing a face mask if we cannot social distance, in spite of the relaxation of the rules, for business continuity reasons.

I am interested to see how many places similarly request the continuation of previous behaviour. Having just come back from a weekend at Center Parcs, it was interesting to see the split of "maskers" to "non-maskers" this morning, even within families or groups.

Not sure what's going on in the bottom left...
Appreciate 1
KRS_SN13513.50
      07-19-2021, 05:07 PM   #71
Wolverine
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F36 420D GC M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by G50 View Post
Quote:

I hadn't even noticed that when I ripped the picture off from the local news pages :
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2021, 12:27 AM   #72
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by G50 View Post
Quote:

I hadn't even noticed that when I ripped the picture off from the local news pages :
Puffa jacket seems an odd choice for the current weather

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2021, 01:48 AM   #73
AndyCKent
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d F30

First time getting the train into London this morning since the rules were changes/relaxed.

Probably 15-20 people on my carriage from end to end which is fairly spread out, nobody sitting next to each other etc.

I counted 7 wearing a mask.

Weirdly I got a disapproving look from a lady, presumably for not wearing a mask.....whilst her mask was covering her mouth but not her nose.
Appreciate 0