F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Connected Drive Renewal
proTUNING Freaks

03-17-2018, 10:52 PM   #177
Musashi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i XDrive Laguna Seca

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian33 View Post
I know there have been cases of people not getting OTA Map updates. As I have explained before, there are a number of conditions that impact the OTA Map updates (queue process, driving times and ability for the vehicle to receive the map update, etc).

We have been working with AG to make changes in the back end to improve the frequency which went live in January 2018. We will continue to monitor the OTA map update situation in Canada, but are hopeful that these changes will have a positive impact for our customers.

Regarding the question of being able to manually trigger the update. At this time it is not possible but is also something that BMW AG is working on providing as a tool for the markets.

My hope is that with these changes, we will see an increase of services within the first quarter of this year.

After four years looking into it, I learned that Connected Drive in Canada is broken. Got mine renewed last year and it works decently. As per OTA map updates, that has never happened according the BMW. Navigation gets OTA
, never the map for which they charge 300$. kijiji guy did mine for 60$ took him one hour, engine running to charge the battery, etc. It is anbig file, I think 2 Gb or so.

My understanding is that Canadian customers get the worse CD option, certainly vs US or Germany. Just never seems to work. At least I can email directions or maps to car via google maps Send To Car.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2018, 08:26 PM   #178
AutobahnZoom
BMW Die Hard!
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i Gran Coupe

Hi @canadian33
I see your update elsewhere on the forum that the updated Connected Drive portal is up. Good news.

I ordered my car (440i Gran Coupe)with Premium Essential package which didn’t have Connected Drive services, but the package includes some basic version of ConnectedDrive (SOS and service alerts). I have Driver assistance package and Adaptive Cruise Control. I saw the car today at the dealership (will get it only Monday) and it had a camera up on the windshield near rear view mirror and it was marked Connected Drive. I was wondering if I can now upgrade to Connected Drive services(mainly for apps and real time traffic) and Apple CarPlay by paying a fee?

Also with what I ordered now, would I get real time traffic for the navigation ( is there a basic version of live traffic update ? I hear references to RTTI vs ARTTI)

Quote:
I know there have been cases of people not getting OTA Map updates. As I have explained before, there are a number of conditions that impact the OTA Map updates (queue process, driving times and ability for the vehicle to receive the map update, etc).

We have been working with AG to make changes in the back end to improve the frequency which went live in January 2018. We will continue to monitor the OTA map update situation in Canada, but are hopeful that these changes will have a positive impact for our customers.

Regarding the question of being able to manually trigger the update. At this time it is not possible but is also something that BMW AG is working on providing as a tool for the markets.

My hope is that with these changes, we will see an increase of services within the first quarter of this year.

Last edited by AutobahnZoom; 04-01-2018 at 04:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 12:28 PM   #179
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 440GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutobahnZoom View Post
Hi @canadian33
I see your update elsewhere on the forum that the updated Connected Drive portal is up. Good news.

I ordered my car (440i Gran Coupe)with Premium Essential package which didn’t have Connected Drive services, but the package includes some basic version of ConnectedDrive (SOS and service alerts). I have Driver assistance package and Adaptive Cruise Control. I saw the car today at the dealership (will get it only Monday) and it had a camera up on the windshield near rear view mirror and it was marked Connected Drive. I was wondering if I can now upgrade to Connected Drive services(mainly for apps and real time traffic) and Apple CarPlay by paying a fee?

Also with what I ordered now, would I get real time traffic for the navigation ( is there a basic version of live traffic update ? I hear references to RTTI vs ARTTI)
Hello AutobahnZoom

Congratulation on the purchase of the 440i GC. I have one coming for my next car.

Based on the information that you provided, and without your VIN. You would be able to upgrade from ConnectedDrive essential to professional. The easiest way of doing this is by logging into www.bmw.ca/myconnecteddrive with your ConnectedDrive username and password. The retailer should set this up when you take delivery.

From here you can upgrade to the professional package which will give you ARTTI (traffic), News and Weather, Remote services and concierge services over and above Emergency Call and Teleservice which are included in the essential package. If your vehicle qualifies for CarPlay, you will also see this as an upgrade within the store.

In terms of the Camera in the rear view mirror area. This is used for the driver assistance systems to visually see the road and acts as an input for such things as lane departure and collision avoidance with pedestrian detection.

ADAS or Advanced Driver Assistance Systems fall under the ConnectedDrive umbrella.

Hope that helps
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 02:42 PM   #180
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix

Quote:
Quote:
Hi @canadian33

I ordered my car (440i Gran Coupe)with Premium Essential package which didn't have Connected Drive services, but the package includes some basic version of ConnectedDrive (SOS and service alerts). I have Driver assistance package and Adaptive Cruise Control. I saw the car today at the dealership (will get it only Monday) and it had a camera up on the windshield near rear view mirror and it was marked Connected Drive. I was wondering if I can now upgrade to Connected Drive services(mainly for apps and real time traffic) and Apple CarPlay by paying a fee?

Hello AutobahnZoom

Congratulation on the purchase of the 440i GC. I have one coming for my next car.

Based on the information that you provided, and without your VIN. You would be able to upgrade from ConnectedDrive essential to professional. The easiest way of doing this is by logging into www.bmw.ca/myconnecteddrive with your ConnectedDrive username and password. The retailer should set this up when you take delivery.

From here you can upgrade to the professional package which will give you ARTTI (traffic), News and Weather, Remote services and concierge services over and above Emergency Call and Teleservice which are included in the essential package. If your vehicle qualifies for CarPlay, you will also see this as an upgrade within the store.

In terms of the Camera in the rear view mirror area. This is used for the driver assistance systems to visually see the road and acts as an input for such things as lane departure and collision avoidance with pedestrian detection.

ADAS or Advanced Driver Assistance Systems fall under the ConnectedDrive umbrella.

Hope that helps
Any word on the new connected app? Heard you said it would launch this summer. Just happening? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 01:30 AM   #181
AutobahnZoom
BMW Die Hard!
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i Gran Coupe

Thanks canadian33.
I didn't get Connected Drive login credentials from the dealer. I assumed this will come later on an email, but haven't seen anything yet. I will check with them again.

I did ask them about the upgrade to professional. It was about $650+taxes for 3 years and they said they can order for me. They said Car Play needs additional prep and my car doesn't have it, so was nto an option. I will anyway try logging in the Connected Drive portal as you said and check my options there. Its great to have that option and be able to do it yourself.

Quote:
Hello AutobahnZoom

Hope that helps
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 09:48 AM   #182
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 xDrive35i

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks canadian33.
I didn't get Connected Drive login credentials from the dealer. I assumed this will come later on an email, but haven't seen anything yet. I will check with them again.
I've found my login credentials somewhere in the tons of paperwork they gave to me.

The only question I've asked my BMW Genius on delivery was about ConnectedDrive login details. He said that I should contact BMW Assist - looks like they know nothing about ConnectedDrive at the dealerships.
      04-09-2018, 01:15 PM   #183
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvding View Post
Any word on the new connected app? Heard you said it would launch this summer. Just happening? Thanks
The launch of the app is on track for Canada and our goal is to have it released in Q3 2018.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 10:45 AM   #184
The-Traveler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & G30 530e

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvding View Post
The launch of the app is on track for Canada and our goal is to have it released in Q3 2018.
How will it compare to the USA app currently available? Will it be the same plus the ability to add Canadian cars and CD logins?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 04:52 PM   #185
eddy403
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i xDrive

The other day I used the BMW Remote App (Canada) and noticed the lock and unlock functions actually work right from the app. I believe previously to unlock through the remote app we had to call a 1-800 number. So this is good news and a neat feature.

Also not sure if everyone is aware of this - it is possible to add the e-mail address associated with the Connected package to your google account, and you are able to send a location right from google maps on a computer to your car messages. Similar to the same function you can do through the remote app.

Cheers

BMW 435i xDrive M Performance (sold)
BMW X3 35i M Sport
Instagram: @gunter_x3_n55
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2018, 02:00 PM   #186
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 xDrive35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy403 View Post
The other day I used the BMW Remote App (Canada) and noticed the lock and unlock functions actually work right from the app. I believe previously to unlock through the remote app we had to call a 1-800 number. So this is good news and a neat feature.
I can lock my car remotely, but unlocking still requires a call.

Quote:
Also not sure if everyone is aware of this - it is possible to add the e-mail address associated with the Connected package to your google account, and you are able to send a location right from google maps on a computer to your car messages. Similar to the same function you can do through the remote app.

Cheers
Do not work for me from the Google Maps. It was working before, but stopped some time ago. Still works through the app though.
      04-17-2018, 01:52 PM   #187
jmh600cbr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G80

Garage List
2021 BMW G80  [0.00]
Quote:
awesome can't wait. The old app kinda sucks TBH. Also for the last 48 hours i cant login to the app, do you know anything about this? when i try to login it says no vehicle available. When i go online my car is clearly in my account. I'm running iPhone x ios 11.4 Beta 1
canadian33 is this an iOS issue or a bmw issue? Frustrating because I usually use the app daily.
      04-17-2018, 03:35 PM   #188
The-Traveler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & G30 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimateDrivingManiac View Post
Quote:
I can lock my car remotely, but unlocking still requires a call.

Quote:

Cheers
Do not work for me from the Google Maps. It was working before, but stopped some time ago. Still works through the app though.
Same here. No luck through GM but does work in old remote app.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 03:24 PM   #189
chatoyer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 m40i

canadian33 for the send to car feature of the Remote App to work, does it require ConnectedDrive Services (6AK) to active?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 09:25 AM   #190
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatoyer View Post
canadian33 for the send to car feature of the Remote App to work, does it require ConnectedDrive Services (6AK) to active?
Yes, you need 6AK (ConnectedDrive Services) and 6AP (Remote Servives) in order for the app to work.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 05:35 PM   #191
chatoyer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 m40i

Quote:
Yes, you need 6AK (ConnectedDrive Services) and 6AP (Remote Servives) in order for the app to work.
Great - thanks for the clarification.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 07:31 PM   #192
mike519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

I know we are JUST into Q3, however, and updates canadian33 on release for the new app?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 07:53 PM   #193
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailormannn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katin View Post
What feature is worth paying? I don't get much use out of the connected drive stuff.

It can be done online through your BMW account.
There are a few things that are nice to have. A total rip off for the price but that's BMW.

Not here in Canada as far as I can tell. I looked on "My BMW" and can't see anything about renewing. The letter from BMW says to visit or call your dealer so I guess it has to be done there.

If any Canadian owners have gone through this, let me know.
For the record, it's much cheaper in US than Canada (or so I've heard). We get the whole shebang for a hundred or so. That being said, I haven't renewed it since the free trial ran out. I'm considering re upping my membership soon...

What features do you find that are most useful?

How much are the fleecing our Canadian brethren for these days?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 01:52 PM   #194
jmh600cbr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G80

Garage List
2021 BMW G80  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatoyer View Post
Any update on launch for Canada? Seems to be not included in the update today and I'm still super excited.
      08-16-2018, 02:31 PM   #195
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh600cbr View Post
Any update on launch for Canada? Seems to be not included in the update today and I'm still super excited.
Not sure i understand the question. The issues with send to vehicle in the Remote App have been fixed as of Monday this week.

In terms of the New Connected App, this will be launching in Canada in October.

If there is something else, let me know.
Appreciate 1
jmh600cbr265.00
      01-14-2019, 01:18 PM   #196
moltenfire
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i EBII Coral Red

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
I just renewed my ConnectedDrive Services Professional subscription via the online portal, and for some reason Remote Services is not enabled. I understand ConnectedDrive Services Professional includes Remote Services (aka the phone app) so perhaps there's a coding error somewhere?

I called BMW Assist at 1 800 493 4070 but it's a US call centre and while they can at least view Canadian vehicle profiles, they cannot change anything on their end.

I've PM'ed canadian33 and also emailed BMW Canada, hopefully someone can get this resolved for me.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 01:23 PM   #197
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 6sp

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by moltenfire View Post
I just renewed my ConnectedDrive Services Professional subscription via the online portal, and for some reason Remote Services is not enabled. I understand ConnectedDrive Services Professional includes Remote Services (aka the phone app) so perhaps there's a coding error somewhere?

I called BMW Assist at 1 800 493 4070 but it's a US call centre and while they can at least view Canadian vehicle profiles, they cannot change anything on their end.

I've PM'ed canadian33 and also emailed BMW Canada, hopefully someone can get this resolved for me.
Hey just heads up last time I called them they were still undergoing maintenance at least here in the states and told me like two days ago they just fixed remote service so I'm not sure, but I do know for a fact that I still can't get into bmw online from my car it says it's under maintenance and I can't even add it to my connected drive because I'm not getting the pin in the car messages.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 02:52 PM   #198
cubiza
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335is, G05 40i M Sport

9 pages of posts and these problems continue to surface. Considering that BMW actually makes money by offering these services, they should put more emphasis on the actual client experience. Their customer support is either inadequately equipped and/or trained to help resolve these problems. canadian33 is our only hope.
Appreciate 1