F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Dropped my car off at Crevier BMW this morning - amazing how rude BMW owners were
proTUNING Freaks

07-25-2018, 10:36 AM   #45
chiefneil
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhrp View Post
You really are lucky. That sort of treatment is found at indys, not dealerships IME. My majority experience at dealerships has been attempts to upsell or even downright lie about what the cause of an issue is and provide an exorbitant repair/replacement quote. I have a trust issue when dealing with dealerships...sales or service.
I’ve had the same SA for about 15 years now. The first few years when he was new had a couple rough spots - he once told me when my sunroof broke under warranty, “You’re not supposed to open it”.

But he got really good; I’ve gotten so used to him that when I bring the car in and it turns out he’s not working that day I get frustrated with whichever random SA I end up using. Even wrote a glowing letter to the dealership GM once singing his praises.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 10:53 AM   #46
adhrp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550i (G30)/2021 X3 (G02)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefneil View Post
I’ve had the same SA for about 15 years now. The first few years when he was new had a couple rough spots - he once told me when my sunroof broke under warranty, “You’re not supposed to open it”.

But he got really good; I’ve gotten so used to him that when I bring the car in and it turns out he’s not working that day I get frustrated with whichever random SA I end up using. Even wrote a glowing letter to the dealership GM once singing his praises.
That is good to know. How busy is your dealership? The experiences I wrote about have been from experienced SAs, so that turned me off. Also, in a place like NJ/NY, they're so busy that sometimes when I select a particular SA, I find that a different one has been assigned when I show up at the dealership. It has been difficult to develop a connection with any one SA. But perhaps I haven't tried hard.

The flip side about being in a place like NJ/NY is that there is a wide choice of good indys to pick from...much easier to develop a trusting relationship with indys.

Sold/Retired: 2012 328i (F30)
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 12:15 PM   #47
chiefneil
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

Quote:
That is good to know. How busy is your dealership? The experiences I wrote about have been from experienced SAs, so that turned me off. Also, in a place like NJ/NY, they're so busy that sometimes when I select a particular SA, I find that a different one has been assigned when I show up at the dealership. It has been difficult to develop a connection with any one SA. But perhaps I haven't tried hard.

The flip side about being in a place like NJ/NY is that there is a wide choice of good indys to pick from...much easier to develop a trusting relationship with indys.
The dealer I use is pretty busy - I think it’s the largest in the Phoenix area. Although that’s not saying much since IIRC there’s only 3 or 4 around.

I have an indy I’ve been using for about 20 years too. I only use the dealer for warranty service. Given that we keep our cars 8-10 years we swap between the dealer and indy in 4 year intervals for 4 years at a stretch.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 12:51 PM   #48
Tribalpinoy911
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F34

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefneil View Post
Quote:

The dealer I use is pretty busy - I think it's the largest in the Phoenix area. Although that's not saying much since IIRC there's only 3 or 4 around.

I have an indy I've been using for about 20 years too. I only use the dealer for warranty service. Given that we keep our cars 8-10 years we swap between the dealer and indy in 4 year intervals for 4 years at a stretch.
I do the same, reg maintenance at my local mech. More complex jobs i will go to bmw independent. I'm only at 26k miles so no issues knock on wood
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 04:24 PM   #49
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
This is not a BMW issue, as noted. It is an issue of people feeling entitled and superior because they have a BMW, or because they consider themselves very important people who should be catered to. Maybe they are all movie moguls at Crevier, though I doubt it. I have never seen anything like it at my dealer (Rallye in Westbury NY), and SAs I have had for several cars, ranging from 3's to 7's have been polite and not pushy about unneeded services. The customers I have seen were all polite also. This is an affluent area also.
Appreciate 0