F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Tracking my order (Canada)
Studio RSR

04-24-2017, 05:25 PM   #1
Harley993
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 4

Tracking my order (Canada)

Hey all,

Posted the same question in the ultimate guide to tracking thread, but nobody answered. Was wondering if anyone knows how to track their BMW through the Canadian website, I have my vin number I also made an account on BMW Canada, not sure what else to do maybe I'm looking in the wrong section of the website? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 12:04 AM   #2
anotheran
Sedan Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: A nice car

I used this thread to help me out: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1032363

In short, can't track build in Canada via the web site (US builds can).
1. Only calling BMW canada or your sales will be able to help. They can give you the build status (150 = production start, there's a lot more but that was the only one i got and cared about)
2. Once your car is built go to https://offices.2wglobal.com/offices...uickSearchPage and put the VIN in the Cargo ID field. You'll be able to track your car on the cargo ship.
3. Next it goes to train/truck and, in the past you could track it via Hansen but I heard they lost the BMW contract, someone correct me if i'm wrong: https://www.lhf.com/

ZCP | ZHP | ZTR | ZE0 | MSport | ZMP | DHP | MStickerPack | THP | MPPSK | MPPK
BMW MSP Lightweight Jacket | DTM Motorsport Team Cap| BMW M Drift Cat 5 | BMW M Thermo Mug
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 07:20 PM   #3
CdnBMW
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i AW M-Sport

Anotheran and Harley993, It appears Hansen's renewed with BMW as they loaded my wife's 2018 440i xDrive Gran Coupe on a truck in Halifax on April 17 at 1400 hrs and arrived at their compound on April 19 at 1900 hrs.
I was able to track thru each city via their website by inserting the vin number into "Vehicle Tracking".

Hope this helps.
2018 440i xDrive Gran Coupe AW-Ind Opal White,Merino Dash,MPPSK
2012 X5d AW (Sold)
Appreciate 1
anotheran389.00
      04-27-2017, 09:44 PM   #4
Harley993
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 4

Guess I need to play the waiting game, thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 08:43 PM   #5
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 '18

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheran View Post
I used this thread to help me out: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1032363

In short, can't track build in Canada via the web site (US builds can).
1. Only calling BMW canada or your sales will be able to help. They can give you the build status (150 = production start, there's a lot more but that was the only one i got and cared about)
2. Once your car is built go to https://offices.2wglobal.com/offices...uickSearchPage and put the VIN in the Cargo ID field. You'll be able to track your car on the cargo ship.
3. Next it goes to train/truck and, in the past you could track it via Hansen but I heard they lost the BMW contract, someone correct me if i'm wrong: https://www.lhf.com/
Just so you know:

24.01.2018 The Track & Trace website has been updated
Due to security concerns we have decided to remove the cargo id search functionality from our Track & Trace web page.
We will continue to provide our customers with the capability to track their cargo by searching based on either the WWL booking number, WWL bill of lading number or the customer reference number.
Retrieved results will have all the same details as before, including cargo id information.
The WWL booking number and WWL bill of lading number will be provided to our customers during the shipping process and serve as the unique identification for the shipment.
In case you have any further questions, please reach out to our Customer Service team in your area.

Another door closed to Canadians!

"I would rather cry in a BMW than smile on a bicycle." Ma Nuo
Appreciate 1
DrifterX514.00
      01-25-2018, 09:55 AM   #6
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport 6MT+RWD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryK View Post
Just so you know:

24.01.2018 The Track & Trace website has been updated
Due to security concerns we have decided to remove the cargo id search functionality from our Track & Trace web page.
We will continue to provide our customers with the capability to track their cargo by searching based on either the WWL booking number, WWL bill of lading number or the customer reference number.
Retrieved results will have all the same details as before, including cargo id information.
The WWL booking number and WWL bill of lading number will be provided to our customers during the shipping process and serve as the unique identification for the shipment.
In case you have any further questions, please reach out to our Customer Service team in your area.

Another door closed to Canadians!
Very sad to hear this

I remember how much I used this to track my order which had multiple delays at sea - helped me keep sane because I knew which ship my car was on and when it got released at the port. The sales guy I had was completely useless and didn't give me any of that info when I asked.
      01-25-2018, 03:45 PM   #7
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrifterX View Post
Very sad to hear this

I remember how much I used this to track my order which had multiple delays at sea - helped me keep sane because I knew which ship my car was on and when it got released at the port. The sales guy I had was completely useless and didn't give me any of that info when I asked.
So went to my dealer and he says that he can not give me any info for "security reasons".
The whole thing is rubbish. Why can the Americans track their cars? Why are Canadians more likely to be a security problem?
I love BMW cars but BMW Canada treats is like....idiots. All 2016 Minis have nav but no traffic. Us has it...in a big city a nav system without traffic is useless.

Last edited by GregoryK; 01-25-2018 at 08:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 04:00 PM   #8
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

double post/

Last edited by GregoryK; 01-25-2018 at 08:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 09:19 AM   #9
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport 6MT+RWD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryK View Post
So went to my dealer and he says that he can not give me any info for "security reasons".
In other words - "I don't know how" or "I'm too lazy to check for you" :P
      01-26-2018, 11:51 AM   #10
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
In other words - "I don't know how" or "I'm too lazy to check for you" :P
DrifterX. Not sure this is true - I blame BMW CANADA - They are worse than useless IMHO. There are good people in the organisation but the way the company treats the consumers is below standard.

"I would rather cry in a BMW than smile on a bicycle." Ma Nuo
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 09:20 AM   #11
dosilikesbmw
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

I made a web page that cross-references Halifax arrivals with Bremerhaven departures, and it found a ship arriving August 17th! Took a while but at least now I can track my factory order

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 04:06 AM   #12
sunshine235
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 440i xDrive

Quote:
Very sad to hear this

OK, so I am having the same problem. My sales person knows nothing to help me. Every time I text a question, they will get back to me....nothing. so my car has been en route for a few days now and I have no idea how to find out what ship it is on. I have a VIN number and that is it. I live in the south east region of the US. I would like to know what is happening with my car as well. Is there a way? Thank you. It is a 2020 440i xDrive Grande Coupe in beautiful custom upgrades.
Appreciate 0