F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Not sure if I should pick up car
Studio RSR

12-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #23
N55Nick
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 435i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mach1 View Post
Sorry to hijack the thread.
I am in the same boat as OP after being a loyal and returned customer with Calgary BMW I am taking my business north. My CA is amazing @ Calgary BMW. But they were lowballing me on the trade in and enough is enough.
Good to hear that I wasn't the only one. Definitely not fun to be jerked around, especially after you call them out on it and they keep going. When I was young I worked at Visions selling TVs and my co-works had the same shitty attitude when they saw someone walk in in the door, it was "how much can I rip-off this customer for while smiling". They would take off the price tags from TVs and come up with their own price. Terrible attitude and very short-term thinking. Honesty comes a long way in sales, long-term relationships and reputation, but most don't seem to care..

/rant
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #24
AstonKarim
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 Audi RS5 Sportback

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicB View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I think i'm gonna wait till my tires arrive.

No unfortunately I couldn't get Calgary BMW to even go to MSRP, it was a pretty terrible experience (after the third time of asking them to remove the $800 floor mats I gave up). Decided to give my business elsewhere. Didn't get an amazing deal but at least it was below MRSP.
oh that's interesting. good choice on waiting, really cold at the moment with the wind chill. Congrats on the purchase!

AK

SOLD 2013 BMW 335i M Sport Xdrive / MPPK / MPE / Alpine White / Black Dakota Leather / M Sport Brake / 19"Style 403m / M Perf Diffuser
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #25
N55Nick
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

---UPDATE---

Travel advisory warning for highway 2... This is frustrating! Where is the sunshine?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #26
335BOY
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJ87 View Post
Here is my thoughts and by the looks of it, most of you are going to disagree. I picked my car up on Nov 15 and literally the next day it was-10 and way colder with windchill. It also snowed 5-10 cms. I drove the car on snow covered roads in the cold on the same Perf Tires that OP has and it was fine, not amazing but got the job done. Leave plenty of room for stopping and be careful in the corners. The first Monday I also drove 35 kms to work on highway 2 mostly snow covered, not ideal but I only have one car so had to.

In my opinion, I would pick the car up in the morning and drive it back to Calgary during the warmest part of the day. Highway 2 from what I can tell down here in Calgary is completely clear, yes its cold but the highway isn't snow covered and icy anymore. I think you will be fine, using caution of course and if I were you I wouldn't be able to wait and would have gone and picked it up.

Just my thoughts but I don't want to be responsible for causing damage to you or your car. Pic below shows my perf tires in the snow.
You got lucky. Your stopping distance would have been about 10x longer than car on winters. You got lucky...pretty irresponsible really.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #27
MikeJ87
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 435i xDrive MPPK 1&2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BOY View Post
You got lucky. Your stopping distance would have been about 10x longer than car on winters. You got lucky...pretty irresponsible really.
Well to be honest, good judgement on which streets to use went a long way. I wouldn't say I was lucky at all, I took it easy. Stopping was reduced but didn't feel nearly like 10x. I was more concerned with a terrible driver with winter tires, smashing into my brand new car, not with my own summer tire situation.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 03:54 PM   #28
CaptChaos
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 - Mineral Grey

My SA at AutoWest told me that he had a number of customers from Alberta. They would buy here in BC and then drive back home. No PST if it gets registered in Alberta.

Five dealers in the Lower Mainland so I assume they were able to get better deals here rather than in Edmonton or Calgary even with the travel costs.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 07:38 PM   #29
N55Nick
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Dealership agreed to install and balance non run-flat tires so that's one thing out of the way. Now I just have to wait for snow warnings to go away.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #30
335BOY
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Well to be honest, good judgement on which streets to use went a long way. I wouldn't say I was lucky at all, I took it easy. Stopping was reduced but didn't feel nearly like 10x. I was more concerned with a terrible driver with winter tires, smashing into my brand new car, not with my own summer tire situation.
You were lucky. If it were rwd you wouldnt have gotten out of the parking lot. People around you were lucky if you were on summers.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #31
MikeJ87
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
You were lucky. If it were rwd you wouldnt have gotten out of the parking lot. People around you were lucky if you were on summers.
Well I didn't buy a RWD because I wanted to be able to get out of the parking lot, regardless of what tires I have in use. Not luck at all, as I explained above. Driving cautiously and using common sense it was no problem at all.

I'm lucky every day there is snow on the road that some loser doesn't smash into me, regardless of tires. There are some awful drivers around these days.

If it makes you sleep better at night, over in Toronto, I have winters now and my car is an absolute BEAST with AWD and winters. Not that we need to turn this into another useless winter driving comparison thread.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #32
N55Nick
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Well I didn't buy a RWD because I wanted to be able to get out of the parking lot, regardless of what tires I have in use. Not luck at all, as I explained above. Driving cautiously and using common sense it was no problem at all.

I'm lucky every day there is snow on the road that some loser doesn't smash into me, regardless of tires. There are some awful drivers around these days.

If it makes you sleep better at night, over in Toronto, I have winters now and my car is an absolute BEAST with AWD and winters. Not that we need to turn this into another useless winter driving comparison thread.
You mean I shouldn't say things like "XDRIVE FOR LIFE, RWD IS FOR TARDS!" or "YOU HAVE BETTER CONTROL OF A CAR'S MOVEMENT WITH RWD, XDRIVE IS A MARKETING PLOY!"
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #33
MikeJ87
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
You mean I shouldn't say things like "XDRIVE FOR LIFE, RWD IS FOR TARDS!" or "YOU HAVE BETTER CONTROL OF A CAR'S MOVEMENT WITH RWD, XDRIVE IS A MARKETING PLOY!"
Haha ^^^^ Awesome!

Hey NicB did what are the details of your car and winters? You picking it up soon? The weather around here is depressing, this car is fast and begging me to drive it!

Definitely begs you to drive it more than our sisters cars with 4 doors Just kidding everyone!

Theres another way to start a useless comparison thread!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #34
N55Nick
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Especially compared to the N20 engine. That thing is a dump. And don't get me started on the 6MT. I wish the M3 had a V10. AMG cars are faster, BMW should kill themselves.

I'm going to try and make it up at noon today and pick it up, the weather is more mild today. If I do, I'll post picks
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #35
MikeJ87
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Especially compared to the N20 engine. That thing is a dump. And don't get me started on the 6MT. I wish the M3 had a V10. AMG cars are faster, BMW should kill themselves.

I'm going to try and make it up at noon today and pick it up, the weather is more mild today. If I do, I'll post picks
Awesome! Car pick up day is the best day in the world! Have fun man, supposed to much better weather today. Definitely post some pics.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 12:25 AM   #36
N55Nick
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

This has been a long day, roads in Edmonton are shit.. car is absolutely amazing though.

Last time it will be clean for 6 months:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 12:26 AM   #37
N55Nick
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Bavaria BMW agreed to put my non RFT on the car. She is now ready to drive back down to Calgary in the winter at night:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #38
N55Nick
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

300 kms later, safe but dirty:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 01:35 AM   #39
Dan_335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i EBII MSport

Nice car. What winter tires r those?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 10:13 AM   #40
MikeJ87
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
This has been a long day, roads in Edmonton are shit.. car is absolutely amazing though.

Last time it will be clean for 6 months:
Nice car! Finally got it, Congrats! I miss car pick up day already.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #41
335BOY
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Bavaria BMW agreed to put my non RFT on the car. She is now ready to drive back down to Calgary in the winter at night:
Looks awesome. Im sleeping better now that the guy from Alberta got winters on....which is nice.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #42
335BOY
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

You missed my point. AWD doesnt stop any faster than RWD . I was suggesting you were lucky because you didnt have to stop/turn quickly. I got caught on summers and could barely move on flat road let alone stop. AWD with winters is awesome.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #43
MikeJ87
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Looks awesome. Im sleeping better now that the guy from Alberta got winters on....which is nice.
I feel better knowing that you now know!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #44
MikeJ87
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
You missed my point. AWD doesnt stop any faster than RWD . I was suggesting you were lucky because you didnt have to stop/turn quickly. I got caught on summers and could barely move on flat road let alone stop. AWD with winters is awesome.
Can you explain why AWD doesn't stop faster? You would think AWD would be far superior to RWD stopping distance in winter and summer. This would be all due to the fact that the motor is driving all 4 wheels LMFAO!

Here is one more for the useless comparison list! haha
Appreciate 0