F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > iDrive Display problems - Time, Alerts, Service Req disappeared
GetBMWParts

02-03-2020, 12:06 PM   #1
BishopVR6
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW 430D Gran Coupe

iDrive Display problems - Time, Alerts, Service Req disappeared

Hello all,

This morning I realised something to my car and I really don't know what it might be. The car is a BMW F36 from 2015.

I have the 6WB cluster and NBT Evo ID6 navi (upgrade it some time ago) and, today, when I wanted to change the song from the thumb wheel from the steering wheel, I realised that is not working. In fact, it is working but it doesn't show the animation on the iDrive display (the cursor going up and down on the selected song) or in the RPM display as it supposed to. Somewhere behind he register the moves because, if I am going down twice, for example, and I press it, the song is changing to the one that it supposed to be selected.. but I just cannot see the cursor moving on the navi or inside the RPM display.

After that, I did some more test and I realised that I am missing:
- the time (even if I am going to change it, it's just do nothing)
- the Service Requirements / Alerts / History
- Vehicle Status and all the alerts (for example, when I start the engine without my seatbelt on, is not showing anymore the alert triangle on it and it is not playing the alert gong anymore).

Anyone any idea on what it might be? Should I think to a cable or any plug that is not doing good contact between Navi and 6WB cluster or something like that?

Thank you!
      02-17-2020, 11:39 AM   #2
BishopVR6
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW 430D Gran Coupe

If you will have the same problem, it might be because of the 6WB cluster which, I don't know how or why, can get partially blocked and stop the communication with the Navi / ECU (this can be checked by tacking a diagnose with ISTA, for example) . It came back to normal after I disconnected for few seconds the car battery and it got reset / restarted.
      02-19-2020, 12:49 AM   #3
xDHC
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F20 116i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopVR6 View Post
Hello all,

This morning I realised something to my car and I really don't know what it might be. The car is a BMW F36 from 2015.

I have the 6WB cluster and NBT Evo ID6 navi (upgrade it some time ago) and, today, when I wanted to change the song from the thumb wheel from the steering wheel, I realised that is not working. In fact, it is working but it doesn't show the animation on the iDrive display (the cursor going up and down on the selected song) or in the RPM display as it supposed to. Somewhere behind he register the moves because, if I am going down twice, for example, and I press it, the song is changing to the one that it supposed to be selected.. but I just cannot see the cursor moving on the navi or inside the RPM display.

After that, I did some more test and I realised that I am missing:
- the time (even if I am going to change it, it's just do nothing)
- the Service Requirements / Alerts / History
- Vehicle Status and all the alerts (for example, when I start the engine without my seatbelt on, is not showing anymore the alert triangle on it and it is not playing the alert gong anymore).

Anyone any idea on what it might be? Should I think to a cable or any plug that is not doing good contact between Navi and 6WB cluster or something like that?

Thank you!
I had this 1 time when i installed a carplay unit and forgot to connect the fibre optic cables.
Appreciate 0