F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Alpine Hi-Fi retrofit installation
proTUNING Freaks

12-18-2019, 01:53 PM   #1
paul_e88
Rep
Drives: E90 BMW

Alpine Hi-Fi retrofit installation

Hello,

After almost a year of "pleasant" listening of the basic sound system of the F30 (the one without tweeters), I recently bought the kit from Alpine for an upgrade.

I thought it was the easiest to install, without major interventions on the car's electrical system. At least that's what i read in BMW's installation manual.
Indeed, a great advantage is the installation of the amplifier under the glovebox, so without having to disassembly half the car.

But once you get working, the "simple" installation in the manual seems to be not so simple.

For example, they say plug the left speaker cable (from the Alpine harness) into the door isolation plug.
This simple thing means the dissasembly of the bottom part of the dasboard and getting underneath to find the door socket, hidden behind a cover. For now I am trying on the left hand side, where it's easier.

The question I have is how can the existing speaker plug be removed from the door socket/isolation plug?
I mean, it has a locking system, as far as I understand, the blue one, which I have already raised.

But besides raising the locking system, there's not much i can do other than try to pull the cable. The problem is that it still does't come out, although the plastic lock is raised.

I've also attached photos.

Thanks!

LE: The speaker jack is the bottom one, with the black-brown / black-red cables.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2021, 02:57 PM   #2
NolimitTrini330
Registered
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 216i

Omg ....I am in the same situation...

I know this is an old post but did you ever get around it?

Regards

Mat
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 08:55 AM   #3
paubine
Rep
Drives: 328xi

You should remove the connector from the frame and work with the connector in hand from inside the car. Really easy.

1.disconnect door harness
2.press the tab from outside
3. Push the connector inside
4. Work on it (blue lock) etc.
Appreciate 0