F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AFRICA > Egypt F30
GetBMWParts

05-27-2014, 12:40 PM   #771
rustyminded
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NileGate View Post
Hi everyone,
I am an Egyptian living in Dubai.
I've been following this forum for sometime now. Pretty useful discussion in here. Last month I sold my Dodge caliber and bought a new white 316i 2015 model with production date of 7 March 2014.
I wanna know if I can activate enhanced bluetooth, nav, online apps and maybe tweak it a little bit. My VIN is J612823.
I don't have front fog lights but I will add them next month. They cost around 700 dirhams from the agency without the wiring or console fit out.
Please let me know your thoughts.
Hey man, Congrats for your car.. I hope this forum helped you in anything relate to BMW.. contact shawnsheridan he will help you get the token & no it doesn't affect the warranty in any means, I went last service with every mod I have installed & they haven't said anything which was
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 02:10 PM   #772
Omar90
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyminded View Post
Happens once in a while everyone gets busy with their life you know..
Hahahaha i understand...

i just finished my Exams fi uni. fa i am free

anyway, we need to meet!! got loads of things to learn from you guys
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 05:10 PM   #773
Ouzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Ok guys so after doing the oil change I decided to take the OCC to clean it and here is what came out, not a lot of oil as I expected since I only made 7k since installing it but what I've seen it filtered small particles which was A LOT & I think this would have made damage on the long run, eventually I am happy about it & I would recommend it for anyone who wants a prolong engine life.
What are the small,particles made of? That looks pretty alarming !!
      05-28-2014, 05:06 AM   #774
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouzzo View Post
What are the small,particles made of? That looks pretty alarming !!
Don't know but look closely in the middle those long particles that got me worried, if there was no OCC those stuff would be in intake, intercooler ect.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 05:21 AM   #775
Bimmer80
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30 - 320i

Hi guys,

I am new to here and need some help from the professionals

I own an F30 320i Luxury line MY 2013 with the standard 6.5" Radio Professional iDrive. When I bought the car, I tried to special order BMW Professional navigation but stupid Bavarian told me it was standard to the 28i and 35i only. Now they offer it as standard in the new 320is Does anyone know if I can retrofit the NBT navigation with 8.8" screen in my car? Can you also help me with what add-ons I can have: apps, BMW live, internet...etc

Has anyone also experience a rattling noise with the steering wheel when normal braking on a bumpy road. Took the car to the dealer in Nozha and told me the noise is normal!!! Any ideas?

I am a bit of a rookie so bare with me pls
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 10:53 AM   #776
mehana
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Quote:
Ok guys so after doing the oil change I decided to take the OCC to clean it and here is what came out, not a lot of oil as I expected since I only made 7k since installing it but what I've seen it filtered small particles which was A LOT & I think this would have made damage on the long run, eventually I am happy about it & I would recommend it for anyone who wants a prolong engine life.
Rusty are you sure that small particles comes from the engine? is it metallic parts or plastic?
OCC vent air from the valve cover which means this parts came from the valves area.
That is interesting we have to do more research on it. Lets call Terry from Burg.Motorsports and let him give us his thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 11:38 AM   #777
Ouzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer80 View Post
Hi guys,

I own an F30 320i Luxury line MY 2013 with the standard 6.5" Radio Professional iDrive. When I bought the car, I tried to special order BMW Professional navigation but stupid Bavarian told me it was standard to the 28i and 35i only. Now they offer it as standard in the new 320is Does anyone know if I can retrofit the NBT navigation with 8.8" screen in my car? Can you also help me with what add-ons I can have: apps, BMW live, internet...etc

Has anyone also experience a rattling noise with the steering wheel when normal braking on a bumpy road. Took the car to the dealer in Nozha and told me the noise is normal!!! Any ideas?

Hi Bimmer80 welcome aboard

I have the same rattle noise , after multiple visits and complaints the dealer in qatamyia center were able to fix it by changing some part.

Still they were not able to fix a squeaking noise coming from the steering wheel. It disappeared after the rattle fix but came back with the heat in the summer.
      05-29-2014, 11:39 AM   #778
Ouzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehana View Post
Rusty are you sure that small particles comes from the engine? is it metallic parts or plastic?
OCC vent air from the valve cover which means this parts came from the valves area.
That is interesting we have to do more research on it. Lets call Terry from Burg.Motorsports and let him give us his thoughts.
Rusty and Mehana please share what you find.

I am quite alarmed by what I saw in Rusty pics
      05-29-2014, 02:07 PM   #779
Bimmer80
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouzzo
Quote:
Hi guys,

Hi Bimmer80 welcome aboard

I have the same rattle noise , after multiple visits and complaints the dealer in qatamyia center were able to fix it by changing some part.

Still they were not able to fix a squeaking noise coming from the steering wheel. It disappeared after the rattle fix but came back with the heat in the summer.
Thanks Ouzzo for the tip. I guess I will do the same and start nagging may be they could find a solution to this noise. Bad thing is that the dealer here is really lousy and very untrustworthy for the brand.

Anyhow, an ideas about the navigation system retrofit. Can anyone help? It would just be a beauty to have the 8.8 incher with all the apps, internet and navigation
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 05:07 PM   #780
Omar90
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Ouzzo for the tip. I guess I will do the same and start nagging may be they could find a solution to this noise. Bad thing is that the dealer here is really lousy and very untrustworthy for the brand.

Anyhow, an ideas about the navigation system retrofit. Can anyone help? It would just be a beauty to have the 8.8 incher with all the apps, internet and navigation
Well it is possible of course, idk tho if it will void warranty.. Also, it will cost you over 20k so you need to consider that too

Best
Omar
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 05:52 AM   #781
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehana View Post
well as the instructions say it comes from the engine, still idk .. I sent the pictures to JON @ BMS he said he doesn't have a clue what these particles are or where it came from, I'll shoot Terry same email & see if he has an idea about it because it's serious stuff, I though I am only protecting the engine from oil accumulating but now I never regret buying such a thing.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 06:04 AM   #782
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Hi guys,

Hey Bimmer80, well you can retro fit but the dealer told Osmansky it will be out of warranty, so you need to consider it aside from it's price. yea I have same noise from steering while turning slowly left but that's only when the car sits in sun & it's not that bad or loud so it's not bothering me, the people working their are crazy lol.. make a stand & yell they will do it right away at least they will try
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 10:56 AM   #783
Bimmer80
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyminded
Quote:
Hi guys,

Hey Bimmer80, well you can retro fit but the dealer told Osmansky it will be out of warranty, so you need to consider it aside from it's price. yea I have same noise from steering while turning slowly left but that's only when the car sits in sun & it's not that bad or loud so it's not bothering me, the people working their are crazy lol.. make a stand & yell they will do it right away at least they will try
Thanks man for the tip. Well I believe it would not be smart to lose the warranty now. May be delay the project for a while. Is there anything I could do though to beef up the infotainment system without losing the warranty. Any coding or light hardware perhaps to at least improve synchronisation with iphone and perhaps use apps?! I can't even connect it the iPod!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2014, 03:40 AM   #784
Omar90
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
Thanks man for the tip. Well I believe it would not be smart to lose the warranty now. May be delay the project for a while. Is there anything I could do though to beef up the infotainment system without losing the warranty. Any coding or light hardware perhaps to at least improve synchronisation with iphone and perhaps use apps?! I can't even connect it the iPod!
to Connect the ipod/iphone you will need the Y-Cable (special cable from BMW)

you get it men tawkeel for about 700EGP
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2014, 05:42 AM   #785
Osmansky
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 316i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer80
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyminded
Quote:
Hi guys,

Hi bimmer80, check the viseoo solution. Will give you blutooth streaming till we do the retrofit.

Also since we are so many that might go for the NBT. I guess we should order together maybe we can get a good rate
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2014, 07:13 AM   #786
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
yea you can get the Y-cable as Omar said, I think Osmansky bought it not sure about that.. for your car coding can be done but you won't get that much for this idrive.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 06:54 AM   #787
Osmansky
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 316i

Hi Guys.

Why so silent
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 04:17 PM   #788
Omar90
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep

Hey Osmaan

well for me i started my summer course :/ fa i am again busy

anyway, i wanted to ask smth.. if i changed air intake and exhaust will this void the warranty? so as for the Kit and interior Trim

Best everyone
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 12:08 PM   #789
Ouzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep

It's busy guys at work , maybe in ramadan it gets much better.

And hey Omar
They will say anything will void warranty but I guess you will be ok changing interior trim.

Engine stuff I say you need to remove the parts you do before going to maintainace
      06-17-2014, 08:14 AM   #790
Gunnert
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320i f30

Bmw 320i

Hi guys I own a f30 320i I would like to improve the sound of the engine. What is available here in Egypt whether it's air intake or exhaust or maybe something else. And if anyone knows trusted guys and what are the prices.
Happy to see an all Egyptian f30 community!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2014, 11:49 AM   #791
Yehia osman
Private
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 320i F30

Guys I am in egypt too. Will be receiving my 320i tom. isa

I heard that using 92RON doesn't produce the 184Hp as promised , Is that true ? How much is the power loss ?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2014, 02:51 PM   #792
Ouzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnert View Post
Hi guys I own a f30 320i I would like to improve the sound of the engine. What is available here in Egypt whether it's air intake or exhaust or maybe something else. And if anyone knows trusted guys and what are the prices.
Happy to see an all Egyptian f30 community!
Hi there I think Rusty has both downpipe and exhaust changed. You may want to look at his setup