F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > 6WB retrofit errors galore
GetBMWParts

09-12-2020, 04:32 PM   #1
jeffijaffa
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F33 4 series 435 Xdrive

6WB retrofit errors galore

Hello everybody I’ve just installed a 6WB in my F30 but having errors with the Km to miles conversion on the cluster
My car is in miles and once I coded in the kombi it’s comes back with kM mismatch (I can’t remember the exact error) in ITSA. I haven’t changed the vin yet as I can live with the tamper red dot.
Every time I start the car the mileage on the new cluster jumps up a few miles, is this to do with the vin not being removed and the car not updating my vin to it.

On a second note the R270+ programmer I bought came with the red adapter which I have been trying to use with a soic 8 pin clip to erase the vin with no success. Is this the correct adapter.

The cluster really sets up the motor but I just can’t figure out the r270 and the mileage increase every time I start the car.

Is there a FDL coding error on my part due to me buying a secondhand cluster in KM

Help would be greatly appreciated, and anyone who would like any information on how I done the retrofit so far is welcome to ask away and I’ll pass on anything I know so far.
Please be gentle with me as it’s my first BMW..

Last edited by jeffijaffa; 09-12-2020 at 04:40 PM..
Appreciate 0