F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Paying Someone to Help Find Expansion Tank Sensor Plug (2015 435i Sportline Coupe)
ARMA SPEED

11-20-2020, 08:01 PM   #1
DelawareBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 xDrive50i & 435i Sport

Paying Someone to Help Find Expansion Tank Sensor Plug (2015 435i Sportline Coupe)

So long story short my coolant light kept popping on and the engine was running a little warm. Come to find out it was a combo issue. The sensor in the expansion tank was failing and their was a tiny hairline cracked on the top vent hose going to the coolant expansion tank. Great problem solved....... well not quite so in the process of swapping out the tank and the hose we cracked the electrical plug that attaches to the bottom of my expansion tank. I assume this plug is whats connected to the "coolant level sensor" inside the expansion tank.

This plug has proven to been a total pain to find. I messaged the parts people at FCP Euro my VIN # and the girl messaged me back and told me that her diagrams show no plugs going into that tank, only hoses.... I assume she was looking at the coolant system diagrams and not the electrical diagrams. Anways since her info seemed to be incorrect I moved on to try to locate this plug myself. There are two ports at the bottom of the tank. One port is electrical and one is the thick coolant hose port.

Does anyone know where to locate this plug. I've googled just about every combo of words to find this thing. The plug that was on there was a "TE Connectivity Branded Plug" part # 2050995 and 2050994. I'm not sure if this was worked on before my ownership of the vehicle so that plug may be aftermarket. When I removed it the first time it didn't seem to have a snug "locked in" fit, it just sat the sorta loose so it may have been cracked before I took took it off. I've looked at many plug repair kits, universal plug repair kits, and nothing seems to match up. The terminal on the tank is a 2 pin (pol) and they are slightly spaced out. The plug/connector that was plugged into it was a 2 wire but 3 pin with each opening looking like 3 little crosses.

The car is a 2015 BMW 435i Sportline Coupe and here's a few pics of what were dealing with. Other then this small hiccup this 2015 F32 has been flawless reliability-wise.

I'll toss someone a tip in Bitcoin if you can link me up with a website that carries this plug or knows where to find it. Just send me over your Bitcoin wallet address and a link to a reputable parts site where I can find this particular plug and if it's the correct one I'll send you some BTC for your time. Thanks a bunch!
Attached Images

Last edited by DelawareBMW; 11-20-2020 at 08:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 11:04 AM   #2
spoolin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3

Hey, I saw your post and was going through the same dilemma on my F80. In the end, I sourced the exact Tyco Electronics connector used in the harness by BMW from a pigtail supplier. They were asking $90 for what I knew was a .90 cent connector and wires. In researching other manufacturers that use this connector, I found one in the VW part catalogue. I purchased this connector from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D3PPRVK...roduct_details

While it is 3 pins, the connector appears to be the same and can be re-pinned or with the existing wires or spliced into the connector. I will update if I encounter issues.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 04:45 PM   #3
DelawareBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 xDrive50i & 435i Sport

Sorry I figured the connector out shortly after posting this message.

Here is the EXACT wire and part number so you don't have to destroy your wire harness. There are tons of similar ones that I tried until I stumbled across an old BMW (2016 "old") bulletin from a european country talking about the expansion tank leaking and replacing the exact plug I needed was recommended at the same time. So when I found that bulletin I also found the part number for that exact plug.

The plug I was referring to in my original post is the one directly underneath the coolant expansion tank. I found ones that looked like they matched but where litterally millimeters off or not deep enough. Here is the one you actually need if you are having to replace the "coolant expansion tank plug".

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...e/61119312324/

Mfg Part #

61-11-9-312-324

61 11 9 312 324

Took me awhile to go back through the emails from a few months ago to find this. But boy oh boy this plug was a god damn headache that I wouldnt wish upon my worst enemies. Anyways hopefully this helps someone from all the headaches that I dealt with trying to find this. This is the EXACT plug from BMW. I must of tried 5-7 different plugs and had my F32 2015 - 435i out of commission for two weeks between all the false info I got from various online sites and stores. This plus makes it so you don't have to rig something up or totally tear into your wire harness.
Appreciate 1
BimR245.00