F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Help with reading these logs
ARMA SPEED

04-24-2020, 04:31 PM   #1
SHUwatson
Rep
Drives: BMW 2013 335i

Help with reading these logs

2013 335i F30 N55

Full bolt on parts from cts turbo
Stage 2+ mhd tune

Just did the MHD E30 Stage 2+ tune
Temp was 80 degrees outside

https://datazap.me/u/shuwatson/e30-3...og=0&data=3-15
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 04:36 PM   #2
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

If you are actually concerned about a log or potential issue, you need to sent to MHD support for review. Also, collect a "proper" log: 4th gear (8AT, 3rd 6MT), DSC fully off, manual mode, WOT from 2500-6500. Make sure road is smooth and ideally flat.

If you want to learn, read through threads and consider the following high level summary of what to look for:

1. Check boost vs boost target. +/- 1 psi generally considered normal. Significantly below target might be an issue. Overboosting can also be an issue. Make sure you look at MAP, not pre-throttle boost only.

2. Check HPFP vs target. Dips in actual vs target ("crashing") indicates a fueling issue - i.e., too much boost, too much ethanol, etc. HPFP cant keep up with air demand.

3. Check throttle angle. If its not 100% when you are WOT figure out why. Make sure no unexpected throttle closures, or lack of closure when there should be (e.g., overboost).

4. Check timing/timing corrections and knock. Knock or lots of corrections (pulling timing) points to an octane issue (octane too low).

5. Check WGDC. If it is excessively high, you might have an issue (e.g., boost leak) that is causing your turbo to work harder than it needs to. Note differences with EWG vs PWG "normal" values.

Secondary checks:

6. Check AFR generally speaking and target. Check STFTs for corrections.

7. Check IATs (usually not an issue with IC, but can be helpful when trying to figure out other issues - e.g., very low IAT, high ethanol content could lead to HPFP crash with stock HPFP and a high boost tune or on the flip side, high IATs could lead to timing being pulled).

8. Look for any unusual behavior in any logged parameter.
Appreciate 0