F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 335d/535d Ordering Queries
proTUNING Freaks

05-08-2016, 05:25 AM   #1
GaryUFM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 G32 630iGT M Sport+

335d/535d Ordering Queries

Hi guys & gals, I was on this forum a couple of years back when I thought I could get a decent 3 Series Touring on a company car scheme, but the deals were poor so have been in a Passat for the last couple of years.

I'm about to enter into a partnership as a self-employed person and so...the shackles are off! (Slight glitch is that the business is running a car through the books which I've agreed to take on until the lease expires: a Ford Galaxy...mmmmm)

So I'm looking again at a 3 Series (or 5 Series, if the deal's right) Touring, ideally a 35d engine (30d minimum). The lease on the Galaxy runs out in December, so a few questions for the forum:
  • What's the lead on delivering one of these to a non-standard spec? (Having seen rjberry's Ruby Red, I'd consider an individual paint job, what does this do to the build time?
  • If I'm out on ordering and it comes in early, what's the max time they'd hold it for?
  • Are there still dealers active on the forum with good deals for us poor punters? Who should I be talking to?

Cheers in advance, from a (hopefully) future BMW driver!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 05:38 AM   #2
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

I ordered my car on the 1st October and it was delivered on the 1st March.

They say to allow 8 weeks for BMW to approve the colour and after that it becomes a regular build time. I think my request was approved in 4-5 weeks, 2nd November I think.

The order was locked straight away so if you do go down that route make sure you've got your spec exactly as you want it! Or, do it before this forum spends more of your money for you
      05-08-2016, 05:39 AM   #3
Kal101
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xd Msport +

Garage List
Believe TRL. Is meant to be good for deals have a search as are coast to coast.

Not sure about delivery times for individuals but am sure someone will be able to help you believe can add a few months

As regards storage this I can help with as made dealer hold mine for about 3 months. Ordered it in early as wanted the m performance brakes so ordered in November as there were delays for 1st March delivery. Car arrived in early January due to a booked build slot. The dealer did try and get me to take it earlier but stuck to my guns. Just tell them not to remove the delivery stickers beforehand - they did on mine to try and encourage me to take it earlier. Just agree a pick up date before hand
      05-08-2016, 12:09 PM   #4
GaryUFM
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks guys, so I should ideally be talking to dealers in July for a December (soonest) delivery? Oh goody!

And sounds like I need to track this TRL down
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 12:45 PM   #5
Proftinkerpot
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport -Superman

Make it clear to te ordering dealer that you are in a lease until December but that you are looking at selecting an individual colour. That way the onus is on the dealer to order in time and either hold it for you or try and supply you a loaner until yours comes through if they are off in the estimated delivery date.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 03:10 AM   #6
Norris-wf
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f31 335d

I was in to my local dealer at the weekend after they invited me in to talk about a deal, even though I said it was 1-2 months too early. Anyways, they were trying to push an earlier delivery for some reason, I said delivery in August would suit me, but they were strongly pushing Mid June delivery (using one of their build slots for showrooms cars), so some dealers may be able to deliver faster than the suggested 16 weeks from the BMW website. So as above, you may need to emphasize the December delivery. They said to me that if it was too early, that they would be able to hold it til August for me if that was when I wanted to collect it, so hopefully that helps.

For me, the sales manager told me "wouldn't entertain" the sort of discounts as suggested by c2C, also offered well lower than WBAC so I will now be following up with the TRL route as I've heard a lot of good things on this forum about him.

Last edited by Norris-wf; 05-09-2016 at 10:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 07:11 AM   #7
GaryUFM
Lieutenant
Rep

Starter-for-ten spec has already been emailed to TRL.

No idea if I can stretch to this yet, but ideal spec would be:

335d Touring
Colour: still being debated - between Melbourne Red, Tanzanite or Mineral Grey...but then, Individual...?
Trim: to be determined by colour.
Media Pro+
M Sport+ (with Adaptive LED)
Heated front seats
Heated steering wheel
Adaptive suspension
Folding mirrors
Active cruise with stop & go
360 parking cams
Electric seats
Sunroof

In that order of preference, and I'll work back from there. Would like to keep it 330d+ if I can, but things are hopefully going to change rapidly in the next few years, so I'm prepared to be flexible even on this at this first ordering point.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 07:18 AM   #8
Rukka
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris-wf View Post
I was in to my local dealer at the weekend after they invited me in to talk about a deal, even though I said it was 1-2 months too early. Anyways, they were trying to push an earlier delivery for some reason, I said delivery in August would suit me, but they were strongly pushing Mid June delivery (using one of their build slots for showrooms cars), so some dealers may be able to deliver faster than the suggested 16 weeks from the BMW website. So as above, you may need to emphasize the December delivery. They said to me that if it was too early, that they would be able to hold it til August for me if that was when I wanted to collect it, so hopefully that helps.

For me, the sales manager told me "wouldn't entertain" the sort of discounts as suggested by c2C, also offered my almost lower that WBAC so I will now be following up with the TRL route as I've heard a lot of good things on this forum about him.
Seem to be a few pushing June delivery at the minute. I have taken one myself for a better deal and a mate of mine has just placed an order - again for June delivery. Must be a few targets being missed in the UK for Q2......

Re above, just spec your desired car on Coast2Coast and let a dealer get in touch with you. It does not cost you anything and you have no commitment right up to the point of order. I actually found that I got offered a better part exchange deal through the Coast2Coast appointed dealer than my local one.

Nothing to lose going that way so worth a punt....

Past: C43, X4 M40i, TTS, M4 CP, 440i, 435d, M235i, 220d, F30, E90, E87
Appreciate 0