F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > My BMW app: new features and tech insights for March 2021
VIBE Motorsports
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-01-2021, 07:09 PM   #45
JJ 911SC
Ex Navy Chief
JJ 911SC's Avatar
Canada
882
Rep
419
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 M40i, 911SC
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Ottawa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvery777 View Post
I'm still under a CPO and wonder if this is something they can pay for. Seems only logical
Bonne Chance...
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 07:20 PM   #46
MightyMouseTech
Major General
MightyMouseTech's Avatar
4093
Rep
6,105
Posts

Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ottawa, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvery777 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvery777 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvery777 View Post
I wonder how much owners with 3G cars will be able to get out of it. Mine is already out of date and I really wish BMW did something for us.
3G is getting shut off soon, so you will loose all functionality. I upgraded by Combox to a 4G (LTE) unit and renewed my service. On my 2013 can locate car, lock or unlock doors (could only lock before upgrade) and most important to me, send map locations to the iDrive.
I read someone else did that. Where did you buy yours from?
Short story, from the dealer.

I am a dealer tech. Tried renewing my connected drive account, was told their system was down. Could not renew till after it had expired, BMW sent a kill code to my Combox, could not be unlocked. I got BMW to pay for a new box, so I installed the retrofit 4G box instead.
I'm still under a CPO and wonder if this is something they can pay for. Seems only logical
If still under CPO, and have a currently valid Connected Drive account, I would look into it.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 07:42 PM   #47
dromane
New Member
0
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: 2018 540i M Package
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Monterrey, Mexico

iTrader: (0)

What other countries? Mexico and brazil?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 08:42 PM   #48
Frosty
Colonel
Frosty's Avatar
421
Rep
2,395
Posts

Drives: Ordered my E92 (7/10/06)
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEfan508 View Post
I don't feel comfortable having my vehicle details on a mobile app, location, mileage etc

I asked my dealer to disconnect the service, I had to sign a waiver and that was that.

if your wondering if I'm wearing a tin foil hat (maybe I am) I just feel better knowing it's disconnected
I also love the idea of my dashboard and features changing during an overnight download and discovering unexpected changes when I get up and leave...
__________________
335i Coupe (6MT) (2007: 9/06 build SOLD (AUG 2016)
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 09:30 PM   #49
zvery777
New Member
United_States
9
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW 535ix
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Minneapolis, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW 535ix  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvery777 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvery777 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvery777 View Post
I wonder how much owners with 3G cars will be able to get out of it. Mine is already out of date and I really wish BMW did something for us.
3G is getting shut off soon, so you will loose all functionality. I upgraded by Combox to a 4G (LTE) unit and renewed my service. On my 2013 can locate car, lock or unlock doors (could only lock before upgrade) and most important to me, send map locations to the iDrive.
I read someone else did that. Where did you buy yours from?
Short story, from the dealer.

I am a dealer tech. Tried renewing my connected drive account, was told their system was down. Could not renew till after it had expired, BMW sent a kill code to my Combox, could not be unlocked. I got BMW to pay for a new box, so I installed the retrofit 4G box instead.
I'm still under a CPO and wonder if this is something they can pay for. Seems only logical
If still under CPO, and have a currently valid Connected Drive account, I would look into it.
I'm gonna reach to my dealership and keep you guys posted
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2021, 11:10 AM   #50
zvery777
New Member
United_States
9
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW 535ix
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Minneapolis, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW 535ix  [0.00]
Update

Ok guys, so I just got off the phone with BMW North America and was told that only selected models will be updated with the new 4G compbox but we will now know which ones until they email us. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my car would be one of them. In the meantime, they activated my services for free and they are working just fine. I would recommend that you guys call and get yours activated if possible and see what other details they might give you. 800-831-1117. Good luck![IMG]undefined[/IMG]
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2021, 03:07 PM   #51
NEfan508
First Lieutenant
NEfan508's Avatar
United_States
1272
Rep
354
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2C
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ 911SC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEfan508 View Post
... I asked my dealer to disconnect the service, I had to sign a waiver and that was that...
That is strange, you can removed your vehicle at any time you want using the App.

Did they also make you Initials the refusal all the crapy extra service (very lucrative) they are pushing?
ya, the app can be turned off but not the Assist function, had to sign paperwork for that, I asked how many get this disconnect, 1% or so every year but some like you are animate about its removal/disconnection, so bmw allows the option.

BMW Assist is a system Similar to GM's OnStar BMW Assist uses GPS to detect vehicle location and cellular networks to transmit the data, using the vehicle's antenna to transmit.

no thanks, also my web browser is set on incognito mode (google chrome)

🕵️

I just rather my details not be public or recorded
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2021, 01:27 AM   #52
thaalrasha
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
269
Rep
272
Posts

Drives: F82 LCI ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Ireland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEfan508 View Post
ya, the app can be turned off but not the Assist function, had to sign paperwork for that, I asked how many get this disconnect, 1% or so every year but some like you are animate about its removal/disconnection, so bmw allows the option.

BMW Assist is a system Similar to GM's OnStar BMW Assist uses GPS to detect vehicle location and cellular networks to transmit the data, using the vehicle's antenna to transmit.

no thanks, also my web browser is set on incognito mode (google chrome)

��️

I just rather my details not be public or recorded
If being cellular tracked is you concern here... Then don't take your phone with you, or switch it off. Private mode browsing will just hinder ad tracking and single sing on, the history is recorded through connection request anyway, so server side from DNS (it'd be weird if you use Google DNS and put chrome in "incognito") your ISP to where to communication goes. ..

but we are drifting off topics here I think the emergency assist in cars is still worth it as a life saving system.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2021, 08:52 AM   #53
NEfan508
First Lieutenant
NEfan508's Avatar
United_States
1272
Rep
354
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2C
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

@thaalrasha
Ya we are going to the abyss...

I'm just saying there is an option NOT to accept the service, it's automatically on the car when you pick it up, it's optional IF you don't feel comfortable knowing your car pings info on location/travel


That's what these forums are for, members sharing info and experiences

We are having a meeting in my basement about the truth behind 5G towers, your invited!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2021, 04:29 PM   #54
NthKent
Private
NthKent's Avatar
England
47
Rep
92
Posts

Drives: BMW M340i
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Whitstable; England

iTrader: (0)

The Ventilation Timer and Amazon Alexa is showing on MyBMW on my iPhone...
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2021, 05:41 PM   #55
JJ 911SC
Ex Navy Chief
JJ 911SC's Avatar
Canada
882
Rep
419
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 M40i, 911SC
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Ottawa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Funny when I loged in the BMW Connected today, they had a survey asking me if I would tell them what I like about the Apps...

I answered "Who give a Rat Ass what I think since you are replacing it"

Last edited by JJ 911SC; 04-03-2021 at 05:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 07:03 AM   #56
Ikester19
Captain
Ikester19's Avatar
Australia
1432
Rep
630
Posts

Drives: M340i (G20); 328i (F30)
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Brisban

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Prefer the Connected Drive app, the layout is much nicer and above all I haven't found any additional functionality in the My BMW app. Hopefully more improvements to come.
Appreciate 1
OSee686.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST