F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > F30 2016 LED Headlights retrofit.
proTUNING Freaks

08-07-2019, 09:05 AM   #177
deneyer
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
"More than one condition parameter is active" means FA is conflicted.
Was wrong fle module, I have another problem with adaptieve led retrofit,

Did the wiring according to newtis info, changed date to 1116, deleted 522 and 524 and added 552 and then vo coded FEM, REM, FLE43 and FLE44.

Now the problem, low beam, high beam, direction indicators and vertical aim are working. What is not working is the DRL and adaptive function.

On my cluster i get drl defect and if i read out with ista it says open circuit, no error for AHL.

Annyone had this problem or know what the problem is and how to fix it?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 02:05 PM   #178
deneyer
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW

ought i would check if the drl module got current and when i opend i saw this

Now im really confused
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 03:42 PM   #179
kwat
Rep
Drives: X1

Hello.
I bought the F32 from 02/2015 from the USA. Original xenon adaptive lamps (522, 524). Please tell me where you bought these cubes with cables for mounting LED lamps? Can I buy adaptive led polift lamps 7377842 and 7377841? And will it be necessary to replace the FEM module with a polift one? Is it enough to bring only a constant 12V after ignition to pin number 3 according to the diagram?
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...eft/1VnZAYuhhp
Thank you in advance for the information.
Best regards.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 12:41 AM   #180
chambo622
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31 328i M Sport EBII

Hey folks. Attempted this install this weekend and hit a couple snags. Hoping those who have done this before can chime in:

Front fuse box - my car doesn't have the connector marked Z7*10B in the instructions, but I see where that would go, looks to be part number 61139228356 based on real OEM. So if I get that and plug in, I should be good?

FEM module: my car already has wires coming out of pins 20 and 21 on A173*2B and pins 49 and 50 on A173*8B. The instructions say, if pins already are there, "connect with mini-connectors." What does that mean?

My car is a 2016 with Halogens, btw.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2020, 04:55 PM   #181
chambo622
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Answers to my own questions below, for anyone running into this in the future:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambo622 View Post
Front fuse box - my car doesn't have the connector marked Z7*10B in the instructions, but I see where that would go, looks to be part number 61139228356 based on real OEM. So if I get that and plug in, I should be good?
Yes. This connector is needed. I believe marius76 includes it with his harness, recommend going that route.

Quote:
FEM module: my car already has wires coming out of pins 20 and 21 on A173*2B and pins 49 and 50 on A173*8B. The instructions say, if pins already are there, "connect with mini-connectors." What does that mean?
I ended up stripping + soldering + shrink heating the connections. It's not actually clear to me why the headlights need two CAN connections but it must be for redundancy.

Additional note when upgrading from halogens: don't forget to move pin 12 to pin 8 on each headlight connector, and then move the wires at the FEM side, to correctly connect the LIN bus. The BMW instructions are only applicable for EU Halogens that already have a connection to pin 8. For US, the procedure is as documented in this helpful guide for Xenon (step 38). You'll be using the blue/black and green/black wires that are already running to each headlight, moving them to pins 53 and 54 on A173*4B.

I decided to skip the level sensors for now, since that seems like a lot of work. I've been trying to get rid of the error for now by coding LWR_ENABLE, but the code seems to persist whether I set that to aktiv or nicht aktiv.

Any ideas?

Last edited by chambo622; 09-05-2020 at 05:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 03:31 PM   #182
thankinyou@hotmail.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
If anyone has an "F30 LED Headlight Replacement Wiring for Dummies", could you pls share?

TIA! Murf
Hi guy's,
First time posting on here. Looking for some advice.
I know there's LOADS of information on this particular topic but I can't seem to find a solution.

I have a F30 with LCI LEDS (previously xenon) but only the DRL & indicators work, no main beams EXCEPT weirdly for a few seconds everytime I start to drive (even moving the car back/forward)
I got told it was maybe the coding so paid for a chap to code them but didn't make a difference, infact before the coding the indicators used to flash at the correct speed but now they flash like they're on drugs (fast!)

Any ideas/help will truly be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 04:26 PM   #183
fabianx
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 GT F34 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneyer View Post
ought i would check if the drl module got current and when i opend i saw this

Now im really confused
You have a smd led broken. The connections are serial, if one smd is not working, all three smd leds will be unusable
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 05:14 PM   #184
chambo622
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thankinyou@hotmail.com View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
If anyone has an "F30 LED Headlight Replacement Wiring for Dummies", could you pls share?

TIA! Murf
Hi guy's,
First time posting on here. Looking for some advice.
I know there's LOADS of information on this particular topic but I can't seem to find a solution.

I have a F30 with LCI LEDS (previously xenon) but only the DRL & indicators work, no main beams EXCEPT weirdly for a few seconds everytime I start to drive (even moving the car back/forward)
I got told it was maybe the coding so paid for a chap to code them but didn't make a difference, infact before the coding the indicators used to flash at the correct speed but now they flash like they're on drugs (fast!)

Any ideas/help will truly be appreciated.
Have you triple checked your wiring? What errors do you see in ISTA? Something sounds wrong physically
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 09:32 PM   #185
JEFFERYLIEW
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icydubloon View Post
I have vertical aim somewhat working but no horizontal aim (I don't have adaptive LED). See image below. Perhaps this is simply the standard with LCI LED?

Working with marius76 to fix some error messages. Also working on getting leveling to work correctly. The beam seems to be too low. Image below shows process after engine on, then turning on the high beams.

wan to ask that when u started up the light that time. the left light going down and up first only right side goind down and up?
not going up and down together?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 03:38 PM   #186
patzkata
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5

Hi guys,
I am about to replace my halogens with led (non adaptive)
Can you please tell me what should be coded into the VO. Is it 522 or i should add 5A2?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 03:43 PM   #187
fabianx
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 GT F34 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzkata View Post
Hi guys,
Can you please tell me what should be coded into the VO. Is it 522 or i should add 5A2?
Thanks
Hi, i hope somebody will respond to you untill the spring will come. In the last time, the responses come very hard...
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 05:38 PM   #188
chambo622
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzkata View Post
Hi guys,
Thanks
I do believe that question has been answered before. Non-adaptive is 5A2.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 05:00 PM   #189
Mehrshaad
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328i

Hi
I cant access newtis.info it says bmw closed it,
Can anyone send what was on newtis.info?
Because im retrofitting to Lci Non-Adaptive headlights and i need that info
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 01:15 AM   #190
chambo622
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehrshaad View Post
Hi
I cant access newtis.info it says bmw closed it,
Can anyone send what was on newtis.info?
Because im retrofitting to Lci Non-Adaptive headlights and i need that info
PM sent
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 02:42 AM   #191
Alxxx.
Rep
Drives: Bmw f31 320d, e46 x2 330d+320d

I would like to have info about adaptive xenon (f31 2012) to adaptive led. About wiring and programming.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 02:13 PM   #192
siknautojas
Rep

Hello,

newtis.info closed, can anyone share information that was there?
My car has adaptive xenons, I want to retrofit LED adaptive headlights but cant find any wiring diagrams.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 03:27 PM   #193
kcheema
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 bmw 330i

did the coding work?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2021, 08:25 AM   #194
siknautojas
Rep

Hello,

My car had adaptive xenon headlights, I just retrofitted adaptive LED headlights and ran into a couple of problems. I ran new wires as shown in wiring diagrams. New power wires to each headlight from fuseboxes and new KAN wires. Changed built date to 0617, removed 522 and 524 added 552 coded FEM and REM. Both headlights doesnt work at all. In ECU tree there is no TMS, but there is FLER and FLEL. In ESYS there is no green dot on FLE ecu, do I need to code FLE to make headlights work? Can someone tell me did I missed something or my headlights are deffective?

Last edited by siknautojas; 08-25-2021 at 10:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2021, 12:31 PM   #195
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30 2016 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by siknautojas View Post
Hello,

My car had adaptive xenon headlights, I just retrofitted adaptive LED headlights and ran into a couple of problems. I ran new wires as shown in wiring diagrams. New power wires to each headlight from fuseboxes and new KAN wires. Changed built date to 0617, removed 522 and 524 added 552 coded FEM and REM. Both headlights doesnt work at all. In ECU tree there is no TMS, but there is FLER and FLEL. In ESYS there is no green dot on FLE ecu, do I need to code FLE to make headlights work? Can someone tell me did I missed something or my headlights are deffective?

I have upgraded from standard LED to Adaptive LED so my experience may not be same as yours. But yes you need to inject new cafd files into FLE module and code them using your new FA with updates VO options.

Retrofits: NBT evo ID6, 6wb cluster, heated steering wheel, HUD, Kafas2 with LDW, SLI, HBA, FCW and pedestrian warning, LCW, Surround View, Parking Assist and ACC with Stop
Appreciate 1
      08-25-2021, 03:26 PM   #196
siknautojas
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
I have upgraded from standard LED to Adaptive LED so my experience may not be same as yours. But yes you need to inject new cafd files into FLE module and code them using your new FA with updates VO options.
Thanks, I have injected new CAFD files to both FLA ecu's and headlights started working
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2021, 02:27 PM   #197
siknautojas
Rep

It appears that my right turn signal is not working properly. It blinks normally two times, fault appears on idrive and turn signal disappears. Interesting part is that left turn signal works perfectly fine. I rechecked wiring, all good. Also I have daytime running lights fault on idrive, but daytime running lights works perfectly fine. I have VO coded FEM, REM and both FLE modules. I have no idea where the problem is, maybe someome have ideas? My car had prelci adaptive xenons, I retrofited adaptive LEDs.

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2021, 02:38 PM   #198
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30 2016 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by siknautojas View Post
It appears that my right turn signal is not working properly. It blinks normally two times, fault appears on idrive and turn signal disappears. Interesting part is that left turn signal works perfectly fine. I rechecked wiring, all good. Also I have daytime running lights fault on idrive, but daytime running lights works perfectly fine. I have VO coded FEM, REM and both FLE modules. I have no idea where the problem is, maybe someome have ideas? My car had prelci adaptive xenons, I retrofited adaptive LEDs.

You need to teach turn signals using ISTA service functions.

Go to ISTA - service functions- body - lighting- teach turn signal.

I believe your car is euro spec and your fem is also euro coded.

Retrofits: NBT evo ID6, 6wb cluster, heated steering wheel, HUD, Kafas2 with LDW, SLI, HBA, FCW and pedestrian warning, LCW, Surround View, Parking Assist and ACC with Stop
Appreciate 1