F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Regular Seats vs Sport Seats
ARMA SPEED

07-09-2015, 04:29 PM   #1
bimmer_girl89
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 F39 X2 xDrive28i

Garage List
Regular Seats vs Sport Seats

Hello,

So I am wondering if anyone here knows anything about upgrading car seats. I currently have just the regular heated leather (I made the bad decision not to get sport seats when I got my car). Now, I want to upgrade to Sport seats and I've asked my dealer roughly how much it is going to cost to do it and they quoted me about $6200 for parts and another $500 labour.

I was told that my other option is to maybe get after market car seats. I have never changed car seats or have any knowledge about them so I'm wondering if someone have an advice if they have done this kind of change to their car. What brand would be my best options if I want to get after marker and how much? I currently have heated seats and I don't know if wiring would need to be changed too if I change seats.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2015, 04:39 PM   #2
knightsabers
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 v10 Spyder

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer_girl89 View Post
Hello,

So I am wondering if anyone here knows anything about upgrading car seats. I currently have just the regular heated leather (I made the bad decision not to get sport seats when I got my car). Now, I want to upgrade to Sport seats and I've asked my dealer roughly how much it is going to cost to do it and they quoted me about $6200 for parts and another $500 labour.

I was told that my other option is to maybe get after market car seats. I have never changed car seats or have any knowledge about them so I'm wondering if someone have an advice if they have done this kind of change to their car. What brand would be my best options if I want to get after marker and how much? I currently have heated seats and I don't know if wiring would need to be changed too if I change seats.

Thanks
I would either try looking for a second hand one either from a local Scrap yard or Members classified to see if others have swapped out their seats. Probably get it retrimmed in the same leather colour if you can't find the same type.

If it's aftermarket then 'Recaro' would be the first choice or 'BMW M Performance Seats'
      07-11-2015, 04:54 AM   #3
beanbaguk
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 520d M-Sport

I'd just leave it or check out eBay. But remember, you need to match the rest of your interior otherwise it'll look odd.

So if you did decide to do it, you need to get the whole interior package.
Appreciate 0