F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > How to install rear seat?
ARMA SPEED

01-03-2023, 02:46 AM   #23
alexonahurry
Ozzy Dude
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330i LCI

Garage List
it is actually super easy to get the seat belt buckles out and re install the rear seats. Just push the seat belts through the holes from the top of the rear seat and click them into the seat belt buckle. You can then pull the buckle out via the belt while moving the rear seat in it's final position - super easy - tales 30 seconds

Last edited by alexonahurry; 01-03-2023 at 02:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2023, 11:52 PM   #24
unruly_f30
Registered
Rep
Drives: 340i F30

this was such a headache. After cussing and 2 beers it was done
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2024, 10:14 AM   #25
BMWTrumpetGal
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330I Sports Wagon

I have a BMW 330i wagon.
I found a thread about how to remove the back seat of a BMW because my grandkids dropped a few toys down there. Unfortunately I DID NOT see this thread until AFTER I had already pulled out the back seat (or I would NOT have pulled it out-toys or no toys). We read everyone's advice and tried and tried to line up and then pull the seat belt buckles through but to no avail.
Then, I realized that the plastic anchor/stabilizer on the underside that secures the leather/cloth is what was keeping the seatbelt from being able to push through. It had crumpled up inside the hole. Even with the stabilizer flat/in place on the underside, it was very tight. So, I took a razor knife and gently cut out a notch out of the plastic from 2 of the rounded inside corners and also cut about 3 stitches at the bottom seam of the passenger side cloth (the side that fits so incredibly tight because 2 belts have to fit through that side). That allowed me to do the seatbelt method above where you connect the belt to the buckle. However, it still took me pulling and easing the buckle through the fabric and my husband pushing the seat base down before it finally popped through.
Be sure that the little plastic anchor part that the leather/cloth is attached to, is FLAT on the underside and not crammed up in the hole or you'll never get those seatbelts through.

Last edited by BMWTrumpetGal; 01-03-2024 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: typos.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 08:57 PM   #26
niteennigam
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 328 xi

Wink It is not that hard to do it. Max 10 minutes. No Socks, Nothing to remove

Thanks everybody for your inputs.
I was also stuck with this and couldn't do it in my first trial and decided to go to service center.

However I realized that mostly, we enter our hand from back of the seat (Back Seat) to guide the buckle since it is very close to the hole.(Human Nature).

But I realized it is better to do it from the front. So I did this as below.
- Push both the front seats to the front (as much as possible)
- Tilt both the seats to the front side.
- Now you can enter and sit in front of the back seat (OR if you are big guy, at least you can get enough room to move your hands)
- Now tilt back seat, little bit, in upward direction and enter your hand from the front of and below the back seat. Hold the buckle and push it to the hole. Needs little bit maneuver and it is done.
- It took 1 minute for driver side back seat buckle and 5 minutes for passenger side back seat buckle.

Let me know for any clarification.
Appreciate 0