F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > VT DVLA question
GetBMWParts

10-22-2020, 07:38 AM   #1
ischemic
Private
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

VT DVLA question

BCA have just taken away my 435d that I’ve VT’d. I’m trying to tell the DVLA that I don’t have the car anymore but I’m unsure what options I should be choosing.

Should it be ‘Sold it’ and if so is the trader name just ‘BCA Auctions’? If that’s the case, what postcode do I need to use?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 10:06 AM   #2
DannyT331
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 440i GC :)

I recently VT'd my wife's mini and confirmed to the DVLA online that the car had been sold to a motor trader which was Mini Financial Services.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 10:08 AM   #3
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ischemic View Post
BCA have just taken away my 435d that I’ve VT’d. I’m trying to tell the DVLA that I don’t have the car anymore but I’m unsure what options I should be choosing.

Should it be ‘Sold it’ and if so is the trader name just ‘BCA Auctions’? If that’s the case, what postcode do I need to use?
You answer sold it and then sold it to a motor trader. Stops it having an extra registered keeper. I wouldn’t worry too much about postcode, just google their nearest site and use that if you need one to complete the form.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 10:10 AM   #4
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyT331 View Post
I recently VT'd my wife's mini and confirmed to the DVLA online that the car had been sold to a motor trader which was Mini Financial Services.
Ah, you’re right, you do use BMW financial services. Just read my VT instructions that I got sent when I did mine and it doesn’t actually say who to do it to on their official forms. I had to phone and clarify.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 10:17 AM   #5
ischemic
Private
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Ah, you’re right, you do use BMW financial services. Just read my VT instructions that I got sent when I did mine and it doesn’t actually say who to do it to on their official forms. I had to phone and clarify.
Thanks both. I did double check the instructions they sent me. Would be useful information for them to add
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2020, 10:51 AM   #6
aquazi
Major
Rep
Drives: 18 M4C

I VT'd mine in Sept - i filled in the form online sold to trader and picked BCA and googled the nearest postcode - and selected it from the dropdown.

Got a letter a few days latter saying its sold.. and my BMW FS credited my account with the outstanding finance amount.

Not heard anything about the £160 i supposely needed to pay for damage to the rear bumper!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 02:23 PM   #7
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M440i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquazi View Post
I VT'd mine in Sept - i filled in the form online sold to trader and picked BCA and googled the nearest postcode - and selected it from the dropdown.

Got a letter a few days latter saying its sold.. and my BMW FS credited my account with the outstanding finance amount.

Not heard anything about the £160 i supposely needed to pay for damage to the rear bumper!
Interesting. Last but one time I VT'd the discharge letter said "Although there was some damage outside the accepted guidelines, we are not, on this occasion, charging you for the damage".
Appreciate 0