F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Electronics: Audio / Video / Phone / Alarm / Navigation / Radar > WTB - BAVSOUND STAGE 1 and GHOST Subs
ARMA SPEED

09-11-2019, 02:09 PM   #1
Joeypdx
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 330

WTB - BAVSOUND STAGE 1 and GHOST Subs

Looking for a HiFi compatible BAVSOUND Stage 1 and /or Ghost Sub setup for my 2018 330 with standard HiFi system.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 04:15 PM   #2
foveon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '16 428i GC Carbon Black

I'm selling the Bimmertech amp portion if interested.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 10:33 PM   #3
Joeypdx
Private
Rep

Bump - anyone?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 11:49 AM   #4
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

I've got the ghost subs, currently installed in GF car but we'll be trading it in a few months. PM me if interested.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2019, 11:28 AM   #5
Toad535
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535 MSport

I've got a bavsound for the Harman kardon e90/F10. I think it's compatible, just have some extra speakers. You could confirm by emailing them then let me know if you are interested.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2019, 01:20 PM   #6
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeypdx View Post
Looking for a HiFi compatible BAVSOUND Stage 1 and /or Ghost Sub setup for my 2018 330 with standard HiFi system.
I've got the stock H/K system. I just upgraded the underseat subwoofers to Earthquake SWS-8Xi which have better specs. And I added a secondary amp just to power them at 150watts RMS/channel. An AudioControl ACM-2.300. A $50 Technicpnp harness made it simple to wire into the stock system without any cutting or splicing. I could revert to stock in minutes if necessary.

This project was a huge upgrade to the entire audio system. The stock speakers are pretty great, it's really the bass that's lacking. This upgrade fixes all that.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2019, 10:39 PM   #7
Joeypdx
Private
Rep

You think I could get by without the amp? They are a heck of a buy compared the bavsound ghost.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 12:18 PM   #8
moorty
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i

Quote:
I have both the Stage 1 and the Sub in my hi-fi 328. I also have the amp, which you can do without, but is absolutely amazing in terms of its ability to control the EQ. Subs are great without the amp, but are mindblowing with it...

I was actually just about to list them on this page. Feel free to direct message me and let me know which one(s) you're interested in.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 11:10 AM   #9
M Smurf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
I've got the stock H/K system. I just upgraded the underseat subwoofers to Earthquake SWS-8Xi which have better specs. And I added a secondary amp just to power them at 150watts RMS/channel. An AudioControl ACM-2.300. A $50 Technicpnp harness made it simple to wire into the stock system without any cutting or splicing. I could revert to stock in minutes if necessary.

This project was a huge upgrade to the entire audio system. The stock speakers are pretty great, it's really the bass that's lacking. This upgrade fixes all that.
I might give this a shot given the prices on these subs! Plug and play install for the most part? The additional amp required in your opinion? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 03:40 PM   #10
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Smurf View Post
Quote:

I might give this a shot given the prices on these subs! Plug and play install for the most part? The additional amp required in your opinion? Thanks
Technicpnp harness makes it plug and play. The secondary amp is required for the subs. Can't just swap the upgraded Earthquake SWS-8Xi subs in without the secondary amp because of their 2-ohm rating and power requirements.

The requirements also mean that there aren't easy substitutions. I searched like crazy and couldn't find anything that met every requirement like the AudioControl ACM-2.300.

For the stock H/K amplifier outputs through the Technicpnp harness you need to connect to an amp or LOC that can handle 40 volt speaker level inputs. Many have marketing materials that make it sound like they will work but can't really handle 40 volts! At the other end of the chain the secondary amplifier needs to be able to output two channels of 150 watt RMS per channel into 2-ohms each.

The AudioControl ACM-2.300 is a combo LOC & amplifier in one with the perfect specs for this project along with small size to make mounting easy without taking up valuable space.

I collected a lot of detail and photos as I did this project so I'm writing it all up to share.

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 1
draggy29.00
      12-05-2019, 08:21 AM   #11
Joeypdx
Private
Rep

Since I have the HiFi system and not HK is the Audiocontrol still the best choice? I can attest that there isn't enough power to drive the Earthquake subs - I installed them and clearly need the amp. I just don't want to spend a fortune on a sub - not that the Audiocontrol is horrendously priced...

Quote:
Technicpnp harness makes it plug and play. The secondary amp is required for the subs. Can't just swap the upgraded Earthquake SWS-8Xi subs in without the secondary amp because of their 2-ohm rating and power requirements.

The requirements also mean that there aren't easy substitutions. I searched like crazy and couldn't find anything that met every requirement like the AudioControl ACM-2.300.

For the stock H/K amplifier outputs through the Technicpnp harness you need to connect to an amp or LOC that can handle 40 volt speaker level inputs. Many have marketing materials that make it sound like they will work but can't really handle 40 volts! At the other end of the chain the secondary amplifier needs to be able to output two channels of 150 watt RMS per channel into 2-ohms each.

The AudioControl ACM-2.300 is a combo LOC & amplifier in one with the perfect specs for this project along with small size to make mounting easy without taking up valuable space.

I collected a lot of detail and photos as I did this project so I'm writing it all up to share.

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 09:13 AM   #12
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Since I have the HiFi system and not HK is the Audiocontrol still the best choice? I can attest that there isn't enough power to drive the Earthquake subs - I installed them and clearly need the amp. I just don't want to spend a fortune on a sub - not that the Audiocontrol is horrendously priced...

Quote:

Hope this helps!
Yes, you still need the AudioControl amp. The amp requirement is a requirement of the Earthquake SWS-8Xi needing the power. It's not a function at all of the system/amp driving the rest of your car's speakers. So HiFi or H/K doesn't matter to the subs.

Think of it like two separate audio systems with one amp playing only your tweeter & midrange speakers, and the new secondary amp playing only your two underseat subwoofers.

Assuming you got the Earthquake SWS-8Xi (2 ohms) and not the Earthquake SWS-8X (4 ohms). The AudioControl ACM-2.300 puts out 2 channels of 150 watts RMS and each go into 2 ohms. 150 watts is the ideal amp for the Earthquake subs. Larger isn't better because a larger amp would just have to adjust its gain down to not overpower and distort the subs. Smaller amps may not take advantage of the Earthquake design that sound so good in those tiny BMW underseat subwoofer cabinets.

I'm really impressed with the quality and specs of the AudioControl, especially to have a high quality built-in LOC that can handle 40 volt speaker level inputs. And it's so small too!

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0