F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Help with door lock issue
GetBMWParts

10-26-2017, 10:36 PM   #23
WillSkill
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSkill View Post
I'm having the exact same problem. They apparently moved my bowden cables because it was getting jammed? That did not fix it. I tried another dealer and they said they were ordering new door handles for me lol, but they haven't contacted me yet.

So I've been to the dealer twice and no solutions. I even mentioned that I'm pretty sure I need new actuators... The problem is I can't recreate the problem all the time and my warranty ends around late november 2017...
Take a video when the issue happens...that is the only way to prove you have a problem and capture the date and time from your dash
Yeah I figured that's the only way. It's getting cold so I should be able to get some footage of it happening soon. Then it's back to the dealer again
2013 Alpine White 335i -M Sport/// Akrapovic Catback Exhaust/// KW Street Comfort Coilovers/// BMS intake/// JB4/// ER front mount intercooler/// ER Charge pipe/// ER catless downpipe/// 18" Apex Arc-8 in Anthracite/// Michelin Pilot Super Sports
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 11:49 AM   #24
IAmATeaf
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 335i

Garage List
2015 BMW 335i  [0.00]
The passenger door on mine is doing something similar. Thought it’s was the wife as she complained that door wouldn’t open, I could see that when she pulled the door handle the lock indicator would pop up but when the handle was released it would drop back down but the door wouldn’t open.

I’ll take a vid next time it happens as it doesn’t happen all the time and get it booked in.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2017, 10:42 PM   #25
madmonkey
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi Alpine White

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
The passenger door on mine is doing something similar. Thought it’s was the wife as she complained that door wouldn’t open, I could see that when she pulled the door handle the lock indicator would pop up but when the handle was released it would drop back down but the door wouldn’t open.

I’ll take a vid next time it happens as it doesn’t happen all the time and get it booked in.
Yeah, best bet is to video the issue when it happens. I found that temperature played a part. When it was cold out I had a problem, but things were fine in warm weather.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2017, 06:15 PM   #26
marwin888
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Dinan Stg 2

Can anybody provide any additional insight on this? I've had my car, which is under CPO, at the dealership and they keep claiming it is a mechanical component not an electrical component. They say that because it is mechanical, it's not covered under CPO but if it were electrical the CPO would cover it. They claim that if it were electrical, the car would have a CEL code which to me sounds like bullshit! I don't know what else to tell them but I really want to get this fixed, the damn door issue is annoying.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2017, 01:07 PM   #27
Insane435
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435ix M Sport EWG

Quote:
Originally Posted by marwin888 View Post
Can anybody provide any additional insight on this? I've had my car, which is under CPO, at the dealership and they keep claiming it is a mechanical component not an electrical component. They say that because it is mechanical, it's not covered under CPO but if it were electrical the CPO would cover it. They claim that if it were electrical, the car would have a CEL code which to me sounds like bullshit! I don't know what else to tell them but I really want to get this fixed, the damn door issue is annoying.
Engine light for a door lock malfunction. Seems legit.

Find a more competent dealer if possible, or call up corporate.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 06:39 PM   #28
madmonkey
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi Alpine White

Garage List
Quote:
Wow!! I think that is the shittiest excuse any dealership has ever given anyone for not doing cpo warranty work. Talk to the manager. If that doesn't work, talk to another dealership. Then complain to BMW corporate about the other dealership.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2017, 10:48 AM   #29
marwin888
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Dinan Stg 2

Quote:
Quote:
Wow!! I think that is the shittiest excuse any dealership has ever given anyone for not doing cpo warranty work. Talk to the manager. If that doesn't work, talk to another dealership. Then complain to BMW corporate about the other dealership.
What I ended up doing was taking it to another BMW dealership (1 hr away) and they fixed it. HASSLE FREE. If only my local dealership was this helpful....
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2017, 07:53 AM   #30
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post

Yeah, best bet is to video the issue when it happens. I found that temperature played a part. When it was cold out I had a problem, but things were fine in warm weather.
I had a door lock issue in extreme cold (sub 0C). The mechanism wouldn't catch and keep the door closes. Happened to me twice and of course since it was a cold weather issue the tech could not replicate.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2018, 10:30 PM   #31
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

SI B51 26 15 - Sep 2015, Technical Service, Body Equipment:
Driver's or passenger's front doors handles inoperable

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...80&postcount=4
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 1
pkiledj46.00
      01-20-2018, 03:08 AM   #32
eergin
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 320i

Hi Folks

I am having this unlock issue but my problem is different from what you described in this thread. The central unlock button does not work. The key fob does not work either. I can only open the door using the vale key. The door handle works fine. I checked the fuses and they seem to be fine. Worst part, I had to get gas and could not open the gas tank door. I then found the release cable in the trunk for this so I can at least put gas in the car. Anyone had unlock issue I described? The doors do lock fine and even the lights and all work when the unlock button on the key s pushed and I hear something but none of the doors or the fuel door unlocks.
Thanks
Erhan
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2018, 10:53 AM   #33
Furgs
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by eergin View Post
Hi Folks

I am having this unlock issue but my problem is different from what you described in this thread. The central unlock button does not work. The key fob does not work either. I can only open the door using the vale key. The door handle works fine. I checked the fuses and they seem to be fine. Worst part, I had to get gas and could not open the gas tank door. I then found the release cable in the trunk for this so I can at least put gas in the car. Anyone had unlock issue I described? The doors do lock fine and even the lights and all work when the unlock button on the key s pushed and I hear something but none of the doors or the fuel door unlocks.
Thanks
Erhan
Took my car in today for the exact same issue. Door would not unlock/lock with FOB or centre dash. It would ONLY unlock by pulling the handle. Note, this was only for one door, the other 3 doors were fine. And I would have to manually lock this door as well, kind of like in the olden days....

Took to the dealer today and they are replacing the lock itself. And covered by extended warranty.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 08:14 AM   #34
IAmATeaf
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 335i

Garage List
2015 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Had both my front doors door locks replaced. Took a vid of it as there are no real other faults recorded, the dealer presents the video to BMW so that they can authorise a repair.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 12:30 AM   #35
Altitude12k
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i xDrive

Wow ... I'm here to join the club. This started happening on my 2015 335i xdrive. 34,000 miles. It's under CPO, which at first I figured should be no problem, but then read through the forums here. A few threads have conflicting experiences. It's such a shame there is such variability across dealers. I even saw completely contradictory stories in this thread -- i.e. a 'mechanical' part vs 'electrical' part, and either / or making it ineligible for CPO.

Obviously it's all a load of bunk. I say the device is electromechanical ... I have mechanical problems when initially pulling the door handle, which fails per everyone else's description, and then can successfully unlock it via the center electrical button. Considering this -- that it's both / either a or b, I intend to have it fixed CPO. By now BMW dealers should have seen a few of these?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2023, 04:10 PM   #36
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

OK so I have the dilemma but I have one MAJOR difference.
My passenger door is in deadbolt. We were at Disney and I had to manually lock the plunger at the hotel. I have a convertible so we put the top down but my wife is tired of climbing in and out even though we get funny looks.

Now, I manage a bodyshop but we cant figure how to remove the door trim panel with the door in dead bolt or a way to get it out of dead bolt.
-central button wont do anything
-remote wont do anything
-scan tool wont pulse the lock
-I do hear the actuator click but it wont lift the plunger electronically or if I manually pull

Helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
Appreciate 0