F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > New HPFP + More boost + E60 = Quick B58
ARMA SPEED
Closed Thread

08-16-2019, 09:56 AM   #45
MissionPerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: '17 F31 340xi US Spec

Garage List
The pump (hardware aspect) is a modified version of oem G20 B58 pump. To make it work on Fxx chassis, we had to build custom firmware to support it without causing over pressure conditions.

If you are running a competitors flash, I think the best thing for you would be to contact your tuner and have them develop firmware for this pump.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 10:11 AM   #46
Neil07
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 340

With the new fuel pump will there be new tunes to support this upgrade?

I plan to keep using 93 Oct. I'm currently running stage 3 with a stage 1 transmission tune.

I would like to see if I can get more power out of the car accelerating at highway speeds starting at 60 Mph+
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 04:17 PM   #47
itsglen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionPerformance View Post
I think the best thing for you would be to contact your tuner and have them develop firmware for this pump.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 10:09 AM   #48
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
The pump (hardware aspect) is a modified version of oem G20 B58 pump. To make it work on Fxx chassis, we had to build custom firmware to support it without causing over pressure conditions.

If you are running a competitors flash, I think the best thing for you would be to contact your tuner and have them develop firmware for this pump.
Will MP consider offering adapted B58tu HPFP to n55 community?

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 09:57 AM   #49
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340ix

Quote:

Isn't the rail sensor cutting the fuel via HPFP valve? Why would you need firmware if theres a closed loop feedback system?
Appreciate 1
kern4174446.50
      09-20-2019, 11:54 AM   #50
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
Isn't the rail sensor cutting the fuel via HPFP valve? Why would you need firmware if theres a closed loop feedback system?
That's my question. I understand tuning for more power, but i've never heard of needing a tune prior to running an upgraded fuel pump, high or low pressure. As long as the regulator can keep up and the o2 sensors are in check, fuel trims and everything should be able to adjust accordingly. So what's the actual limit that needs tuning?
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 02:18 PM   #51
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
That's my question. I understand tuning for more power, but i've never heard of needing a tune prior to running an upgraded fuel pump, high or low pressure. As long as the regulator can keep up and the o2 sensors are in check, fuel trims and everything should be able to adjust accordingly. So what's the actual limit that needs tuning?
The oil pump controller would regulate the pump valve which attempts to keep rail pressure at target. After looking as some logs, it appears the controller or its maps may need to be adjusted for these new HPFP units because the rail pressure sometimes goes over-pressure.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 07:20 AM   #52
lepopotani
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Got my Dorch Engineering Stage 2 HPFP delivered a week ago and have gotten a 0.2 improvement on my quarter mile times with the Bootmod3 and E30. Looking forward to fine tuning the car around the HPFP until my next big upgrade.
      09-29-2020, 07:41 AM   #53
T_H_O_M_A_S
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Will MP consider offering adapted B58tu HPFP to n55 community?
ive bought myself a used TU pump from a B48 and fitted it on to my N55 , ( car is sold ) but it worked flawless from day 1 , no pressure issues or else , no extra programming required . you only had to adapt the mounting flange and connector/intake manifold . everything is to be found in hpfp option topic in the N55 section
      09-29-2020, 02:00 PM   #54
designatedposter
Captain
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepopotani View Post
Got my Dorch Engineering Stage 2 HPFP delivered a week ago and have gotten a 0.2 improvement on my quarter mile times with the Bootmod3 and E30. Looking forward to fine tuning the car around the HPFP until my next big upgrade.
were you having fuel issues with the original pump? were you hitting AFR and boost targets?

could the lower time be attributed to cooler weather?
      09-29-2020, 02:11 PM   #55
lepopotani
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by designatedposter View Post
were you having fuel issues with the original pump? were you hitting AFR and boost targets?

could the lower time be attributed to cooler weather?
Unfortunately I did not log anything on the stock pump. I did the pump upgrade just because I am expecting to hit limitations on fueling the more I work on the car.

The increased times were definitely not due to cooler weather as both runs were run at around the same temperatures. But I did switch from the Stage 2 map to the Stage 2+ map with HPFP on Bootmod3

There is an event this weekend where I will really log and test the setup thoroughly.