F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Taking the plunge on coilovers
ARMA SPEED

05-15-2018, 06:58 PM   #1
JDuffy14
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 335xi stage 3 DINAN

Taking the plunge on coilovers

So ive decided that I'm going to make the change from my current Dinan lowering springs on stock struts, to some decent coilover options. Ive been looking at the BC racing coilovers and they look really solid, camber plates for the front, new sway bar links, and pretty adjustable. Has anybody had any experience with them? Are there others that I should check out too for similar price ($1000)?
With doing the swap, are there any codes I should be expecting? I don't have lane assist or anything like that, just the comfort/sport/sport+ and as far as I know my 2014 335i xdrive does not have the EDC either. Is there anything else I absolutely need to know going into this? I don't track the car or anything, just cruise and it is my daily driver, I'm looking to have a nice crisp feel to the car, as well as get a really nice fitment on it as well. I have attached pictures of my current set up also, my rear fitment isn't bad, and I can live with it, but there is just too much wheel gap in the front for my liking. Any input is appreciated!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 08:53 AM   #2
zole2112
Modder of everything I own
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Xdrive

I don't have any input for you yet but I'm getting ready to install CATuned coilovers on my 335xi as well as some Megan sway bars Memorial Day weekend. I looked at BC Racing and it came down to BCR or CATuned for me. Subscribing to your thread!
2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55 PWG/VRSF DP/ER CP/Injen CAI/AA FMIC/JB4 map 7/Fuel= E50 w/ E85:93oct/Stock LPFP & HPFP/CATuned coilovers/Megan Racing Rear Swaybar/Powerflex Rear Subframe Bushing Inserts/Dual aFe Power Mach Force Mufflers/Resonator Delete/MHD & BMS Race BEF
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 11:37 AM   #3
Logicoeur
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive

If they are anything like the application on my old Audi A4 than they are really great coilovers. They give you maximum adjustability in all senses of the word which is what you want from coilovers. Else KW V1, STs, or even Solowerks, are comparable with out the thorough adjustability.

Opt for the swift spring upgrade if you can. They are less prone to sag down the line than the included bc springs. This also let's you play with spring rates and length.

I feel this project I'm going to try out some Bilstein PSS10 when I'm ready. Only got into this bmw to try something new so
F30 335iX | Remus Axleback | Fabspeed Catted DP | VRSF Comp IC | 18X9 ET35 19lb MT1 | 255/40/18 ECS | Ohlins RT Millway Street | Millway Control Arm Bushings | Turner Endlinks | TMH 75mm 14x1.5 Studs | BMW MPerf LSD | XDelete | Pipercross Filter | MHD Stg2 93
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 01:11 PM   #4
Anthony235
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: m235i

Garage List
2015 BMW  [0.00]
I've ran BC's on 3 or 4 cars. Some with the Swift spring upgrade. Tracked them all. Never had an issue. If you don't have EDC it shouldn't require any coding.

I would have gotten them again for the m235, but at the time they didn't have anything for the 5 bolt top hats in the 2015+ m235. Ended up with KW Clubsports.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 10:43 PM   #5
JDuffy14
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 335xi stage 3 DINAN

Awesome thanks for the input, ill try to do a little photo tutorial of the install also
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 11:49 PM   #6
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435iX, FBO

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDuffy14 View Post
So ive decided that I'm going to make the change from my current Dinan lowering springs on stock struts, to some decent coilover options. Ive been looking at the BC racing coilovers and they look really solid, camber plates for the front, new sway bar links, and pretty adjustable. Has anybody had any experience with them? Are there others that I should check out too for similar price ($1000)?
With doing the swap, are there any codes I should be expecting? I don't have lane assist or anything like that, just the comfort/sport/sport+ and as far as I know my 2014 335i xdrive does not have the EDC either. Is there anything else I absolutely need to know going into this? I don't track the car or anything, just cruise and it is my daily driver, I'm looking to have a nice crisp feel to the car, as well as get a really nice fitment on it as well. I have attached pictures of my current set up also, my rear fitment isn't bad, and I can live with it, but there is just too much wheel gap in the front for my liking. Any input is appreciated!
OP... NOChill335 is running this setup (the BCs). His car is friggin beautiful. Reach out to him for feedback on it.

After getting the KW street comforts and just getting them on, I would recommend that you need to get the built in camber plates. THese cars desperately need more camber for the understeer problem. I should have done more research on this before getting my K/Ws. Don't get me wrong, I love my ride, comfort and look, but it only got me 85% of the way to where I wanted to go. I now need camber plates and the ones available make noise, or you hear the valving on the shocks - either case I don't know if I can get them due to the noise.

Previous: 2014 BMW F32 435iX - JB4, MHD Flash, BMS Meth Kit, ER Intercooler, intake, catless DPs, KW Streets, 437M Reps with 245/35 and 275/30 Michelin PSS 4S
Appreciate 0