F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > F30 Coding possibilities question
proTUNING Freaks

09-20-2022, 10:23 PM   #1
fr0sty
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30

F30 Coding possibilities question

Hi everyone,
I apologize for making my first post ever already a question and a cry for help.
Its 5 AM here and i spent the last 6 hours just reading about what can be done and what not

So : i have a 2012 F30 which i bought without some options (big screen, navi, Bluetooth) and for so long i wanted to upgrade but service shops always told me not to cause its soooo complicated and expensive. Imagine my surprise when i realized it's half an hour to change the screen, install the mmi box and code the head unit to think it has the big screen instead.

Now my question. The MMI box requires Bluetooth, which i dont have. Now I've seen it is sometimes possible to enable it by "removing the paywall" and just coding it on. But i suppose the car needs to actually have Bluetooth for me to enable it. Is there a way for me to check this? To see generally all options which were left in but disabled?

Like mentioned above i have the small screen, the steering wheel does have the buttons for calls so i suspect there might be something in there.

Now if I said something wrong don't hold it against me i just got into this 6 hours ago after driving the damn thing for the past 10 years

Any help and guidance is greatly appreciated and i apologize again if i asked something that's in a sticky already
Thank you
Appreciate 0