F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > AFE Catted Twisted Steel Downpipe review
Studio RSR

10-27-2019, 10:50 AM   #1
B1mmerBr4ndon
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

This is a non incentivized review. This is for a 2015, EWG, i6 vehicle

Installation was not difficult. I was able to do it without any technical background in vehicles with rhino ramps.

I have had this downpipe installed for quite sometime now and have put over 15,000 miles on it without a CEL. I was looking for something that would prevent the smell but provide good performance and sound increase. I ended up installing my Borla exhaust before this mod and it did increase the overall volume of the car and it also added several more patterns of burbles that can be utilized via manual control of the engine using M/S mode for those of you who love engine and exhaust noise. This downpipe is rated at half of the OEM stock, 400 vs 800, and has more filtration than the others on the market, typically 200-300. Also, this downpipe is installed amongst of a host of other performance mods and I am without a burble or staged tune (I am only tuned to utilize the performance upgrades of my parts without adjusting boost). I recommend buying replacement flanges when doing the install.

If you're looking for the best of both worlds and you can't afford Fabspeed then get the AFE.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 01:11 PM   #2
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Are you PWG? I am not seeing one for EWG unless i am missing it.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 03:58 PM   #3
B1mmerBr4ndon
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Quote:
Yes I Am EWG. As my model year is 2015. I'll need to find my email I will be able to give you the part number

Edit here it is: aFe Power 48-36315-HC
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 12:08 PM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Nice

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 12:13 PM   #5
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1mmerBr4ndon View Post
Yes I Am EWG. As my model year is 2015. I'll need to find my email I will be able to give you the part number

Thanks for posting that. In your OP, when you say replacement flanges, do you mean the Vband clamps?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 07:11 PM   #6
435gc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i Gran Coupe xdrive

Quote:

Installation was not difficult. I was able to do it without any technical background in vehicles with rhino ramps.

I have had this downpipe installed for quite sometime now and have put over 15,000 miles on it without a CEL. I was looking for something that would prevent the smell but provide good performance and sound increase. I ended up installing my Borla exhaust before this mod and it did increase the overall volume of the car and it also added several more patterns of burbles that can be utilized via manual control of the engine using M/S mode for those of you who love engine and exhaust noise. This downpipe is rated at half of the OEM stock, 400 vs 800, and has more filtration than the others on the market, typically 200-300. Also, this downpipe is installed amongst of a host of other performance mods and I am without a burble or staged tune (I am only tuned to utilize the performance upgrades of my parts without adjusting boost). I recommend buying replacement flanges when doing the install.

If you're looking for the best of both worlds and you can't afford Fabspeed then get the AFE.

I thought stock cat was 400 cell?

Last edited by 435gc; 10-29-2019 at 07:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 01:51 PM   #7
B1mmerBr4ndon
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 435gc View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Stock cat is 2 phase, I believe 400 then 800.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 01:53 PM   #8
B1mmerBr4ndon
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for posting that. In your OP, when you say replacement flanges, do you mean the Vband clamps?
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Yes; both sides Exhaust to downpipe and Downpipe to Turbo
Appreciate 0