F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Cleaning And Detailing Supplies
ARMA SPEED

02-08-2017, 04:13 PM   #23
ClartVader
Enlisted Member
Wales
Rep
Drives: 335d Touring, Estoril Blue

I use Krystal Kleen Detail products (Liquid Elements). A few of my friends have been using KKD products for years and really raved about em. I've since moved away from Autogrim stuff and use KKD stuff only nowadays with some Kwazar sprayers for pre-wash and wheel cleaning duties....

Appreciate 1
      02-14-2017, 07:16 AM   #24
Whyte901
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d Xdrive Msport Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy messing View Post
I have spoken to Kyle over the last couple of days and he has been great.
He gave me 1hr of his time talking me though the basics and finer points of detailing.
I will be getting a detailing kit from him in 2 weeks....
Out of curiosity what have you/are looking to buy?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 07:20 AM   #25
Heavy messing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 320i M Sport

Pretty much what you have. I'm getting it professionally Ceramic coated, but will get some choice foams and other bits and pieces....
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 07:21 AM   #26
nickb3
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

I have used www.polishedbliss.co.uk many times. They give good advice over the phone or email, and their website includes some helpful instructional pages and videos. They also use DPD for deliveries, which means you get a one hour delivery.
Appreciate 1
      02-14-2017, 07:22 AM   #27
Whyte901
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Pretty much what you have. I'm getting it professionally Ceramic coated, but will get some choice foams and other bits and pieces....
Good man, Id like to have had it professionally done but as a company motor I cant justify the cost!
Next time around if/when i drop out of car scheme I`ll look to buy and get it done
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 12:37 PM   #28
Heavy messing
Private First Class
Rep

Kyle really knows his stuff, he works for Aston Martin. Great knowledge and a detailing enthusiast, so if it's good enough for AM, it's good enough for me....
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2017, 03:38 AM   #29
Whyte901
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Kyle really knows his stuff, he works for Aston Martin. Great knowledge and a detailing enthusiast, so if it's good enough for AM, it's good enough for me....
He sure does!

Grabbed some more bits from Altus after attending a detailing class and now feel confident having a go with a machine polisher, Got some new foams to test (Chemical Guys Honey Dew and Gtechniq W4) W4 sounds interesting as has Citrus mixed in so almost pre wash and foam in one.
Some P40 Quick Detailer (QD) to maintain the ceramic coating (I`ll be using Crystal Serum Light and EXO)

And the awesome Bilberry wheel cleaner (Which I will definitely order in a larger size next time! Although it dilutes well)

*Love the little Altus touch on the products!

Thats top up my stock and means I now need more shelving in the garage!

I attended a training course at Obsidian Detailing near Oldham, Fantastic day learnt alot and best of all i wanted to try his array of machine polishers and see what suited me they DA6PRO seems perfect so Ive asked Kyle @ Altus to see if they can source me one.

In regards to the training I can seriously recommend Matt @ Obsidian Detailing, His work is flawless we worked on techniques, theory, practical a really good day he does do one to one but I attended a group (10 people session) well worth it.
Heres the panels we worked on

Before

During Correction

(Sorry dont have a fully finished panel but it was near perfect) I was amazed at how good Dual Action/Random Orbital Polishers are in relatively untrained hands and just the odd tip/pointer on product/technique

And to top the weekend off managed to bag a decent "loot" in the raffle win!

[/url]

Last edited by Whyte901; 03-09-2017 at 03:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 06:16 AM   #30
Heavy messing
Private First Class
Rep

Great post! I might look at doing a detailing course...
Appreciate 1